Some Truth to the Rumour

Mr Dee

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I figured it had been as before on obvious cases were the victim didn't want to press charges the Crown never pursued it....but now they are on it automatically

When I referred to changed tho..I meant like 25..30 years ago..not recently

In things like domestic assault it was heavily reliant on the victim to want charges, I think that has given more discretion to police now, but even then the victim needs to be involved for successful prosecution I'm sure.

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

In things like domestic assault it was heavily reliant on the victim to want charges, I think that has given more discretion to police now, but even then the victim needs to be involved for successful prosecution I'm sure.

Nope. A ton of women beaters are successfully prosecuted without the cooperation of the victim.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

According to 1290 radio this afternoon, Matthews was suited up at practice today but did not practice with the first team. This is starting to look like a soap opera.

As the World Stabs

Stabs of our Lives

The Young and the Stabbed

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

As the World Stabs

Stabs of our Lives

General Stabbings, where the doctors check out stabbing pains.

TSN Friday Night Stabbings sponsored by The Henkel award - “we want you to get the point.” 

Id like to ask Mathews if he’d mind taking a stab at explaining what happened. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ya, the law always was that the Crown laid the charges but the cops would sometimes not bother, especially in domestic abuse situations,  In the 80's the AG for Manitoba issued an order that in any complaint of domestic abuse, charges were to be laid, regardless of the victim's wishes.  That policy has broadened a bit over the years.That whole "I'm laying charges/I'm not laying charges" thing is American.

Well I did spend significant time in states..obviously got confused..too many headshots lol

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

As the World Stabs

Stabs of our Lives

Introducing: a unique feature of the CFL - The Staggle 

An all new documentary, highlighting the dominance of CFL receivers - Small Stabbed Safeties

From the book of Matthew: if your neighbour stabs you, score a touchdown on him 

I heard Kavis Reed was there trying to talk to the American Bomber players about circumventing the tax laws. When he said he could guarantee there'd be no consequences Chris Matthew's called him a liar so Kavis stabbed him with a  pencil.  

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I legitimately have never heard anything good about La Rocha, except what's posted in here. From bad food, to bad service, to high prices. I have also heard the crowd can get a bit rough at times. Admittedly though I've never been, so I take it all with a grain salt.

Its a Mexican-themed eatery, so lots of salt is mandatory.

I've only gone to La Roca for lunch time so I can't speak about how it is at night.    During the day it's far from being somewhere questionable.     It's an *upscale* Mexican eatery which offers slightly over priced dishes that are nicer then your typical burrito joint.    I don't mind the food but it's nothing mind blowing IMO.    The place does look nice though. 

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

According to 1290 radio this afternoon, Matthews was suited up at practice today but did not practice with the first team. This is starting to look like a soap opera.

Theres a new trend in sports called Load Management.. Im taking a big guess here and saying Matthews and Bighill for that matter are examples of this. 

Edited by Goalie