GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

Since it’s not getting any more productive, I’ll shut up about Nichols for awhile after this post. That being said, if any of you are genuinely satisfied by that Nichols performance and think that if he continues to play that way that the Bombers can beat the legitimately good teams in the CFL consistently, I don’t know what to tell you. The Eskimos are bad and Maas is clearly terrified to take any chances with Harris as their QB. It’s hard to fathom watching Nichols play last night and being convinced that everything is fine because he leads the CFL in “QB efficiency”

Just now, TBURGESS said:

I'd rather win than lose and ugly wins count as much as pretty wins, but that doesn't mean that Nichols played well.

No he didn't....and it won't be the last time either. However, I cannot think of a single player EVER that played great football every game.

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you thinks Eskimo fans are thinking today seeing Harris move the team up & down the field between the 15 yard lines & his offense scores no TDs but 7 FGs? Or Maas kicking a FG on first down??? Yeah Matty & the offense didn't play well but I'd rather be us than Edmonton.

Yes, it is always better to be the WINNER of the game.

Just now, gcn11 said:

Man....if you need solace after a win that vaulted us to first place in the division against a previously undefeated team, you are going to be a puddle when we actually lose a game.

Eh its early and standings dont mean as much, and expectations are high for this team.  Its frustrating because this team is soo much better then that performance. 

6 minutes ago, O2L said:

Just trash. Wins only count if they’re blowouts. If only football was a team game. 

2-0 is great, but there's no way we shouldn't have some concerns about a complete inability to move the ball offensively. 

A repeat of the 2018 West Final written all over our offense again. Were going to have to be more productive than that to win a Grey Cup.

Just now, davidjh141 said:

2-0 is great, but there's no way we shouldn't have some concerns about a complete inability to move the ball offensively. 

A repeat of the 2018 West Final written all over our offense again. Were going to have to be more productive than that to win a Grey Cup.

This all falls on LaPo's lap as it has for the past 4 seasons.  It's on him when our offense grinds to a halt with a lead.

Go to a rub and tug and get your mind of the negativity Chip. It's Friday of a long weekend after a huge Bomber W for Christian's sake. Have a beer and relax in the sun. Enjoy the fact that the Blue and Gold are 1st in the West and look forward to the next game and the team improving as they get into a groove. 

16 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Since it’s not getting any more productive, I’ll shut up about Nichols for awhile after this post. That being said, if any of you are genuinely satisfied by that Nichols performance and think that if he continues to play that way that the Bombers can beat the legitimately good teams in the CFL consistently, I don’t know what to tell you. The Eskimos are bad and Maas is clearly terrified to take any chances with Harris as their QB. It’s hard to fathom watching Nichols play last night and being convinced that everything is fine because he leads the CFL in “QB efficiency”

He had a **** game but still threw some touchdowns and scored enough to win an ugly game.at some point it isn't coincidence that Nichols always seems to do just enough to win....

Just now, davidjh141 said:

For sure there’s concerns. Luckily the Grey Cup is in November so there’s plenty of time to work those kinks out. I’ve watched every game played by every team this season and my takeaway is that ALL of the teams have things to be concerned about. I would argue that every other team actually has more to be concerned about than the Bombers. 

The great thing is that we seem to be able to win while still working on those concerns, something that only Ottawa and Hamilton can also say now. 

4 minutes ago, davidjh141 said:

Good thing it's still June and still glorified preseason time.

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you thinks Eskimo fans are thinking today seeing Harris move the team up & down the field between the 15 yard lines & his offense scores no TDs but 7 FGs? Or Maas kicking a FG on first down??? Yeah Matty & the offense didn't play well but I'd rather be us than Edmonton.

It came up in another thread (or this one maybe) last night. I dont recall the moes even taking a shot to the end zone last night. When I re watch the game Im gonna dig into those redzone attempts. Between their attempts and our D the red zone was a no fly zone last night for the moes. 

In the past when weve seen qbs wrack up yards and not be able to finish drives (not far back) Ive felt that we could have done better with play call and design. But ive always given more blame to offense then credit to a defense in the cfl for redzone struggle. With the width of the field, depth of the endzone, and number of targets and options I feel like you should be able to convert at a high rate even against a superior D. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I watched Exume on all the coverage plays and he is good...he may not got the stats, but he was being watched...and he help his lanes and forced returners into the teeth of the coverage...mission accomplished on teams and whats supposed to happen

No!  We need the stat! It's STAT or NOTHING! 😄