GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

You guys can ***** about Nichols all you want be we scored 28 points before going Vanilla. 

Edmonton was providing alot of pressure and our interior oline wasn't playing that well. 

Nichols was rushed alot and got happy feet or Panicked a bit. 

But he looked WAAAAAAY better then Rielly did against the same defence last week that slaughtered BC.

But Whatever.

we are 2-0 and won by 7 points.  It shouldnt have been this close if the O-line was last years oline and not playing inexperienced people. 

But. We won

We won

We wont against Edmonton that beat up the other 2 teams so far.

So far we have beat both western teams we played.

Ugly or pretty, I don't care.. Win.. WIn Win. 

If we win the grey cup 3-1 or 30-22, i don't care. 

We have alot of players on offence that are making plays and once Nichols/Streevler/whomever gets in the rhythm and the timing down with the rest of the receivers its gonna be lights out..

their Dline shut down our run game, and we still run

But **** you all for making me positive when i would normally be picking the team apart.

Pretty sure the Jet Package needed to be used more. 

6 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

It. is. not. about. Steveler. being. the. saviour.

It's that Nichols is clearly beyond any reasonable doubt NOT the answer. He's resting on the laurels of ONE season. I've never in my life seen a guy get praised for 200 yard passing games in the CFL more than him.

No, you guys just constantly obsess with passing yard numbers when they can be absolutely meaningless.

36 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You cant win games if you aren't starting.. Guy was a rookie btw last year so not sure about what u are getting at here. 

Streveler brings the fire.. The psssion.. The ability to fight off tackles and run and lay the SmackDown. Your mates see that.. They are pumped. U see a guy giving up... U do too. 

I was at the game. Andrew Harris was totally pissed and disgusted after seeing Nichols basically give up on that 2nd last possession.  You can bet players want to see more game reps for Streveler too.

Just now, Geebrr said:

Nichols > Harris

I was thinking about that through the game. Between the 20 yard stripes harris looked like an elite QB. Checking down, hitting the right guys in the right spots, methodically marching down field. But that is against the bend but dont break hall defense. And in the red zone, they had nothing even close to a threat to score. 

I was back and forth on who was better and who id rather have. And honestly its a toss up. But that said, I dont trust harris to stay healthy, consistent and lead a team. Even if he threw 3 tds tonight he isnt a guy i would want to rest a season on. 

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

No, you guys just constantly obsess with passing yard numbers when they can be absolutely meaningless.

Stats are irrelevant. To me its about intangibles. Nichols just lacks that killer instinct and hes a QB so he should be able to complete some intermediate passes but.. Nope. I dunno.. When he hurt himself to start last season, that was the beginning of the end. Sure we won.. Thats awesome. Im happy. I just feel our QB play from our starter has been lacking for a while now. 

Just now, USABomberfan said:

Both throws from Nichols

Both were epic efforts and amazing testaments to luckys speed, balance, and strength. Idc who throws those balls, those plays were 100% effort and amazing play by lucky. Even nichols on the screen pass seemed wowed. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I was thinking about that through the game. Between the 20 yard stripes harris looked like an elite QB. Checking down, hitting the right guys in the right spots, methodically marching down field. But that is against the bend but dont break hall defense. And in the red zone, they had nothing even close to a threat to score. 

I was back and forth on who was better and who id rather have. And honestly its a toss up. But that said, I dont trust harris to stay healthy, consistent and lead a team. Even if he threw 3 tds tonight he isnt a guy i would want to rest a season on. 

Did EDM even throw a ball into the endzone?

384 yards passing in 2 games in the CFL... What the forky. I don't even care about that.. Its the other parts that bother me.. The inability to run.. The sliding with games on the line.. Take the hit.. Your teammates will see that and get pumped and go all out for you. I dunno how id feel seeing my QB slide with a game on the line. 

Edited by Goalie