GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019

Rich

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

384 yards passing in 2 games in the CFL... What the forky. I don't even care about that.. Its the other parts that bother me.. The inability to run.. The sliding with games on the line.. Take the hit.. Your teammates will see that and get pumped and go all out for you. I dunno how id feel seeing my QB slide with a game on the line. 

The sliding is not an issue. The rest, sure.

9 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

I was at the game. Andrew Harris was totally pissed and disgusted after seeing Nichols basically give up on that 2nd last possession.  You can bet players want to see more game reps for Streveler too.

Harris was bad today 2 tho but ya.. Im sure lots of guys aren't impressed with that

Just now, AKAChip said:

Another overlooked thing in this game will be unpopular but Bighill looked very slow and not good. Missed a ton of tackle.

Brutal in zone too, he’s gotta cut off routes and ya sit on top of some too, but way too much covering grass while a guy is wide-open 2 steps away and Harris is checking down.  Bad reads tonight by Bighill repeatedly.

30 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

And the riders are 0-2

soooo.. i will take Nichols thanks.

Case in point for what I mean about wins as a QB stat. Based on that logic, you'd rather have Nichols on this team instead of Reilly or Mitchell? I'm thinking the answer is likely no.

And defences win championships right?

a Harris was not good today.  He fumbled to give Edmonton andthoer chsnce when the game should have been over.   I didn’t see him pass rushing blocking very well ( nor the online) and he looked brutal on the punt return, but why was he out there?  

Nichols did not have a Stellar game and yet we won against a team that dominated in their first two. 

Last week Nichols looked good but we also rushed for close to 200 yard so it didn’t need it through the air. 

T Harris theough for close to 400 yards and didn’t hit the end zone once.  

Whatever. Nichols isn’t elite, but he won.  

Lol how do you come to the conclusion Bighill looked bad? 😂 what a group of special people we have here.

about the qb sliding you have no idea what you’re talking about lol, let’s see him go head first and lose him for the season. Great job geniuses.

Fenner was TERRIBLE I would say cut him right now. How O’shea can keep him in the game is a mystery.

on the kick that looked like it could be onside why did we have Harris back there? Absolute bonehead move.

that reverse sweep to Whitehead on 2nd and 1 for negative yards while up 2 touchdowns killed all momentum, terrible play call.

Winston Rose was phenomenal.

Whitehead is who we thought he was.

Bad throws by Nichols, still way too many misses on open targets, only so many more excuses I can accept. Lucky we’re still winning.

No touchdowns allowed all game against what has been one of the best offences in the league.

I’ll take it.

13 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Lol how do you come to the conclusion Bighill looked bad? 😂 what a group of special people we have here.

about the qb sliding you have no idea what you’re talking about lol, let’s see him go head first and lose him for the season. Great job geniuses.

Fenner was TERRIBLE I would say cut him right now. How O’shea can keep him in the game is a mystery.

Fenner had 8 tackles but took 5 penalties, I doubt we see him on the corner next game, he is better suited to SAM but would not be surprised to see him replaced by Rios.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

16 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

on the kick that looked like it could be onside why did we have Harris back there? Absolute bonehead move.

that reverse sweep to Whitehead on 2nd and 1 for negative yards while up 2 touchdowns killed all momentum, terrible play call.

Bad throws by Nichols, still way too many misses on open targets, only so many more excuses I can accept. Lucky we’re still winning.

No touchdowns allowed all game against what has been one of the best offences in the league.

I’ll take it.

What did you like about Bighill today. By all means explain. Great players can have bad games, whether he’s your favourite player or not. 

Everyone crapping on Trevor Harris.... he was rushed quite a lot tonight and he made something out of nothing at least 3 - 5 times from what I saw.   If our d-line was playing against a QB like Nichols they would of had easily 5 more sacks.  

17 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Fenner had 8 tackles but took 5 penalties, I doubt we see him on the corner next game, he is better suited to SAM but would not be surprised to see him replaced by Rios.

I don’t care, we have guys at Sam and halfback. Ship him off as he was probably not the cheapest free agent. He was an absolute liability out there.

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If your weak side corner is making 8 tackles you know something is very wrong.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Everyone crapping on Trevor Harris.... he was rushed quite a lot tonight and he made something out of nothing at least 3 - 5 times from what I saw.   If our d-line was playing against a QB like Nichols they would of had easily 5 more sacks.  

The D-line had consistent pressure all game long, don't often see a team trailing kill the clock on themselves with long time-killing drives late in the game because they are unable to connect on longer-shots.  

37 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I’ll take it.

Fenner stayed in because the backup was already in for an injury and the only options after that were Jones and Exume

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The D-line had consistent pressure all game long, don't often see a team trailing kill the clock on themselves with long time-killing drives late in the game because they are unable to connect on longer-shots.  

Edmonton receivers didn't look very good. too many drops.

Their defence is/are playing like complete jerks. I saw two helmet to helmet hits by them..... one on Lucky, and another.

Their coach needs to get them under control.

Credit to the team that the Bombers do not play that way. Not often that you see a Bomber defender tackling with his helmet.

No long returns on punts, special teams tuned up now.

Edited by Mark F

4 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

You’re lost. Actual waste of energy replying to such nonsense.

Disrespectfully, you have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s a shame you have the blinders on that you can’t even answer an extremely simple question.