Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

19 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

We brought my 9 year old daughter and some friends(plus all her cousins and grandparents) to a game in Edmonton for her bday.  I talked to the bombers social media guy about how it was her bday party at the game and they treated us like royalty.  The girls got to enter from the team dressing room and stand at the bench during warm up.  The players came and wished her happy bday and then Whitehead gave her the game ball after the game for her bday.  Some of the players gave the other girls at the party some gloves and other swag too.  It was honestly the best bday party ever because of the way we were treated.....

That is awesome but my son has made it clear he doesn’t want to do the game and his grandparents aren’t mobile enough to enjoy the experience. I am not going to the effort of planning something that not everyone will enjoy. 

I am glad the experience was awesome for your family.

“Absolutely, he’s innocent”

“I’ve been around him a long time. I see how much he works. I know how many times he’s been tested. That’s pretty easy to stand behind him for those reasons,” O’Shea continued.

O’Shea said he paid no attention to Bowman’s comments. 

-https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/andrew-harris-is-innocent-bombers-head-coach-oshea-vehemently-states/wcm/460dc74c-f82f-455d-96c1-571dae783714

Coach knows..

Edited by Mr Dee

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

That is awesome but my son has made it clear he doesn’t want to do the game and his grandparents aren’t mobile enough to enjoy the experience. I am not going to the effort of planning something that not everyone will enjoy. 

That’s fair bud!  It’s all about what the kids want!  Trust me it took years to convince my daughter to even want to be at a game!

5 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Kids come first! Enjoy the party. 

Mike Oshea candidly tells CJOB coaches show “Terrible, sickening loss in Mont., we’ve had them before, haven’t learned from them yet, and if we don’t it won’t be good going forward, the season won’t end the way we want it to.”

That's your 6th year coach folks.

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Mike Oshea candidly tells CJOB coaches show “Terrible, sickening loss in Mont., we’ve had them before, haven’t learned from them yet, and if we don’t it won’t be good going forward, the season won’t end the way we want it to.”

That's your 6th year coach folks.

Fans should listen to the interview itself for the full context.

35 minutes ago, do or die said:

Who cares about parsing this statement or that?   The deal is actually doing something about the situation.....like quit retreating into a pathetic shell, and blowing games late.  This nonsense has got to stop, and the responsibility starts from MOS on down.

I agree. This Jeckyll and Hyde routine needs to end. You can't convince me that suddenly Montreal became the better team in the 2nd half. Our guys pooped the bed and it's not the first time they've done it this year.

Edited by gcn11

WINNIPEG, MB., September 24, 2019 ? The #Bombers add six as part of their practice-roster expansion, release RB Larry Rose III and DB Chris Humes.  

Trevor Knight (QB) (6-0, 188, New Hampshire, December 13, 1995, Amherst, NH) was a three-year starter at UNH and finished fifth in school history in career completions (590) and sixth in passing yards (6,345).

Meffy Koloamatangi (6-5, 240, University of Hawai?i, June 24, 1995, East Palo Alto, CA) played five games with the BC Lions through June and July of this year, recording three special teams tackles. Koloamatangi was named to the 2017 Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Watch List prior to the start of that season. He finished the year with 31 tackles, 6 tackles-for-loss, and six quarterback hurries.

Jawill Davis (6-1, 191, Bethune-Cookman, April 6, 1995, Miami, FL) was claimed off waivers by the Packers on May 7, 2019, playing in one pre-season game before being released on August 10. Prior to that, Davis signed with the New York Giants as a UFA after going unselected in the 2018 NFL Draft. He finished his rookie season with the Giants with four receptions for 40 yards and 260 total return yards in seven games.

David Kenney (6-2, 250, Illinois State, February 6, 1995, Indianapolis, IN) was released from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on August 30, 2019 after signing as a tryout player this past summer after being out of football since 2015. Kenney saw action in seven games in 2015 on the ISU roster and was credited with 11 tackles before being dismissed from the team.

Trey Johnson (5-11, 170, Villanova University, September 27, 1994, Lutz, FL) signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in April 2018 but spent the season on injured reserve with a shoulder injury and was waived from the IR list in January 2019. Johnson then spent time with the Denver Broncos in training camp before being released. Johnson played in all 13 games for Villanova in 2016, recording 33 tackles, seven pass breakups, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery.

Jordan Robinson (5-11, 185, Sacramento State, April 28, 1995, Torrance, CA) played four seasons at Sacramento State from 2013-16 and ended his collegiate career with the fourth-most career rushing yards (2,823) in Sacramento State history. Robinson signed with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2018, tallying seven carries for 23 yards and also hauled in five passes for 77 yards and a touchdown. Robinson also added 209 punt return yards and 539 kickoff return yards that year, and played in one game for the Eskimos this season, collecting 131 kickoff return yards and four punt return yards.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Kenney is an interesting one. Kicked out of school, very little college play time. But after a few years of sitting made noise in a couple nfl camps. Supposed to be a very effective pass rusher. 

Meffy is another long tall well built book end. I feel like they must really like these two to bring them in with our DE depth, especially since jeffcoat is close to returning. 

For knight, very much our pro typical qb target. Good cfl size and strength, great athletic ability, tough football player. Looks like a quick runner, more then top end fast. Younger bryan bennett, but need more work on his throwing mechanics. Interesting long term project, or a guy they are gonna cycle out pretty quick. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/trevor-knight?id=2558267

3 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Stats mean nothing when you lose

It isn’t a team thing involving yardage and averages.

This is a 2nd year player trying to assert himself and prove his worth. 

This is exactly the kind of progress we want to see from our “back up” QB. 

Totally different.

2 hours ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Stats mean nothing when you lose

Stats dont change in value when you win or lose. 100 yards passing in a win is worth as much as 100 yards passing in a loss. That is just a sad level of bitterness. Some one tell milt his career meant nothing because he didnt win. 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It can be argued that he did not lose the game. 

264 yards, 84%+ completion percentage, 4 tds. If that isnt good enough to win idk what is. One pick, on an aggressive toss where the DB read it and cut on it perfectly.  One other toss that was a poor toss, and a good throw away under pressure. Id take that performance from him every day of the week. Not to mention he did that while being hamstrung by plops passive offense. If we mixed in some deep balls god only knows what he could have done. 

Edited by wbbfan