Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Saidin said:

Yea I wonder when Hecht was saying to Sayles he messed up it wasn't him that screwed up...

The primary responsibility of the safety to be as deep as the deepest receiver. Hecht screwed up.  Unless you try and hide him and blitz him and then play cover zero......you are playing cover zero even when you don’t blitz him. 

20 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sure Hall is an issue....but he can't make tackles for people either.   In the spirit of fairness, I blame everybody.

The quality of a teams tackling and swarming to the ball carrier is a product of coaching though. All these guys know how to tackle and can do it. You get arm tackles and selling out for hits when you allow players to repeatedly get away with it instead of enforcing good form tackling. Thats not just hall though, thats mos and younger too. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Where's the starting Canadian to replace Hecht? Do we start Petermann? If we're not going to throw the ball may as well start another Canadian... I actually like Petermann!

We started one extra NI for an extra DI. So we'd just start the 7. Could be thomas to keep the extra DI. I wouldnt mess with the DL and its rotation though. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

not people.....me. (I'm barely people...) and I said "my only concern".....it's a mild concern. Also, just because things were bad, doesn't mean it's on the personnel. I thought we were in agreement that Hall was the issue moreso than the players?

Hall is to blame for the easy catches that let teams get first downs on 2nd and long, the players are responsible for the big explosion plays where a guy is running free in behind everyone. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We started one extra NI for an extra DI. So we'd just start the 7. Could be thomas to keep the extra DI. I wouldnt mess with the DL and its rotation though. 

wouldn't have too. If Thomas is in. So is Willie and Jeffcoat. If Kongbo is in, so is Richardson. Which I'm fairly sure is what they were doing anyways.

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

wouldn't have too. If Thomas is in. So is Willie and Jeffcoat. If Kongbo is in, so is Richardson. Which I'm fairly sure is what they were doing anyways.

You would flip the rotation from thomas rotating in to spell the imp DTs to probably richardson rotating. Same on the end. Youd be cutting one of their reps from around 2/3 of plays to 1/3. 

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hall is to blame for the easy catches that let teams get first downs on 2nd and long, the players are responsible for the big explosion plays where a guy is running free in behind everyone. 

Not in all explosion cases but yeah. When he tries to use hecht to vice cover a wr, and he cant keep position on deep routes it isnt the cb/dhbs fault. And it isnt even hechts fault. Both are put in a position to fail. 

If Hecht is indeed getting replaced, I’ll give O’Shea credit. Benching “his guys” especially vets is something he really doesn’t like to do. Granted, it’s beyond the point of ridiculousness when it comes to how poorly Hecht is playing that not removing him from the lineup is borderline negligence. 

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Gotta communicate pretty well to overcome Mr. Olympia who can't get his arms off his sides running a 5.5 40 as your safety.

That is pretty much the bottom line. Hecht is not physically gifted enough when he gets it right and he sure has heck does not have the physical capability to get back in a play where he screws up. We got away with it a lot earlier in the year because teams feared our pass rush and weren't going long on us. Now they max protect and go long knowing there is no safety help to be had.

Edited by gcn11

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Posted about how Hecht's physical limitations were really becoming apparent...........some weeks ago.  Better later, than never, I suppose.

I think most knew it, but we were able to get away with it so no one took it as a big deal. Now, Montreal and Hammy have given the blueprint to the entire league on how to slice and dice our D if Hecht is our S. Therefore, he needs to go to the bench.

20 minutes ago, do or die said:

Posted about how Hecht's physical limitations were really becoming apparent...........some weeks ago.  Better later, than never, I suppose.

There were many that hated the decision even in training camp, but he had 2 picks out of the gate and a lot of people forgot that he stunk.

19 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

Where's the starting Canadian to replace Hecht? Do we start Petermann? If we're not going to throw the ball may as well start another Canadian... I actually like Petermann!

Peterman over Whitehead would be an improvement for our O. 

Whitehead is a gadget player for us, he might be an every down guy on a team that loves to throw down the field but he doesn’t fit our style of O at all. 

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

That is pretty much the bottom line. Hecht is not physically gifted enough when he gets it right and he sure has heck does not have the physical capability to get back in a play where he screws up. We got away with it a lot earlier in the year because teams feared our pass rush and weren't going long on us. Now they max protect and go long knowing there is no safety help to be had.

And some of the worst open field tackling technique you’ll ever see.  Like someone in an inflatable sumo suit just running at another person, no wrapping ever.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

Peterman over Whitehead would be an improvement for our O. 

Whitehead is a gadget player for us, he might be an every down guy on a team that loves to throw down the field but he doesn’t fit our style of O at all. 

Whitehead would be great in Hamilton where they run great screens behind routes designed to open up space and run a lot of dynamic speed routes that aren’t based on cutting at 90 degrees.