Regular Season Bomber News

Mr Dee

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Chris Streveler scored 3 TDs last week giving him 12 and a single-season WPG record for a QB. Old record: 11, Matt Dunigan 1993. (Streveler is now just 2 TDs short of the CFL record for a QB of 14 set in 1991 by Doug Flutie and tied last year by James Franklin).

These aren’t just stats. They’re a vital part of why our offence has been so productive, leading to success, and success usually comes from having good stats.

That must mean good stats are good.

I’m so confused.. 🤔

Rushing tds i take it?

XD, stats are extremely polarizing. Even though every one loves wins, and win/loss is just another stat. 

That short yardage off tackle for a td play was brilliant. knew he was gonna break one at some point. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Chris Streveler scored 3 TDs last week giving him 12 and a single-season WPG record for a QB. Old record: 11, Matt Dunigan 1993. (Streveler is now just 2 TDs short of the CFL record for a QB of 14 set in 1991 by Doug Flutie and tied last year by James Franklin).

These aren’t just stats. They’re a vital part of why our offence has been so productive, leading to success, and success usually comes from having good stats.

I’m so confused.. 🤔

Its gotten so a girl doesn't know what to believe any more.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I didn't really take anything he said to have any real relevance to this team. But still found it interesting.

If some one is overbearing, micromanaging and making the CO call a more passive game in one year, its very likely to be the same thing the next year with the same coaches. Its easy to change the year on a calendar, not nearly so easy to change people. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If some one is overbearing, micromanaging and making the CO call a more passive game in one year, its very likely to be the same thing the next year with the same coaches. Its easy to change the year on a calendar, not nearly so easy to change people. 

It's likely, sure. But I'm not going to assume it's definitely that way.

22 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m so confused.. 🤔

Ask an eskimo fan how " good stats " are working out for them ?

Edited by VoR

20 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m so confused.. 🤔

Stats are good for negotiating..... usually for only one side though

𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 @DarrinBauming 6m6 minutes ago

Are the #Bombers making personnel adjustments to their defensive backfield? While it may be due to Anthony Gaitor being nicked up... Marcus Rios is in at dimeback, newcomer Nick Taylor in at field halfback, and Brandon Alexander at safety.

Anything that gets Hecht off the field, I'm good with.

9 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 @DarrinBauming 6m6 minutes ago

Are the #Bombers making personnel adjustments to their defensive backfield? While it may be due to Anthony Gaitor being nicked up... Marcus Rios is in at dimeback, newcomer Nick Taylor in at field halfback, and Brandon Alexander at safety.

Anything that gets Hecht off the field, I'm good with.

Alexander at S is really interesting. On one hand I really id rather have him at another DB spot, but his speed at S is really tantalizing.  I would think about moving fenner off cb, hes been beaten especially deep a lot. But im not sure he'd be any better at S. No perfect solution in this situation. Itll be great to have BA back in the line up though. 

Atleast they are shaking it up and making some changes though.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Alexander at S is really interesting. On one hand I really id rather have him at another DB spot, but his speed at S is really tantalizing.  I would think about moving fenner off cb, hes been beaten especially deep a lot. But im not sure he'd be any better at S. No perfect solution in this situation. Itll be great to have BA back in the line up though. 

Atleast they are shaking it up and making some changes though.

Hall wasn't at practice today, so maybe that will help too.

My only problem with the changes in the secondary is how communication might be ****** up by all the change. It's kinda like the OL...they get better with the same crew for extended periods because they communicate better...they know what the guy next to 'em is going to do at all times. Secondary is the same thing...hopefully they can overcome it.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My only problem with the changes in the secondary is how communication might be ****** up by all the change. It's kinda like the OL...they get better with the same crew for extended periods because they communicate better...they know what the guy next to 'em is going to do at all times. Secondary is the same thing...hopefully they can overcome it.

It's a bit different though. You don't really NEED to know what they next guy is doing. You NEED to know and fullfill your duty. It's when you start worrying about the others not being in position that things get messed up. If they're used to someone or multiple people screwing up, replacing them can be beneficial immediately as you should start off trusting that the guy beside you knows his role. I hope I explained that well enough....basically new guys who haven't screwed up before can give others confidence in just doing their own job.

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

We gave up 250 in the 4th quarter against the Als and 300 in the first half against the Tigercats......and people are worried about making some changes back there?

not people.....me. (I'm barely people...) and I said "my only concern".....it's a mild concern. Also, just because things were bad, doesn't mean it's on the personnel. I thought we were in agreement that Hall was the issue moreso than the players?

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not people.....me. (I'm barely people...) and I said "my only concern".....it's a mild concern. Also, just because things were bad, doesn't mean it's on the personnel. I thought we were in agreement that Hall was the issue moreso than the players?

In football, it's never one thing. If it was only one thing. They'd have won.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sure Hall is an issue....but he can't make tackles for people either.   In the spirit of fairness, I blame everybody.