2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

maybe the one thing that could lessen my fandom of this team. Burris is a puss and a horrible team mate. No thank you to that dink on this team. 

52 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Burris should have been a Bomber in 2014

Okay in the crazy-alternate reality world where we "win" the 2014 Burris sweepstakes, one would have to assume Willy stays with SSK going forward in 2014 (instead of traded to us)... I would think long-term that would've made us worse off and SASK better off (seeing as how they got Jade Etienne in the trade). So yeah, on top of Burris being a jerk, it would've made SSK better off and us worse off, so no thank you.

Also if you assume Burris would result in the 2016 GC landing here - no way, Burris would've been mulch with those awful 2014/2015 seasons from the porous O-lines...and the supporting cast certainly wasn't there.

30 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Okay in the crazy-alternate reality world where we "win" the 2014 Burris sweepstakes, one would have to assume Willy stays with SSK going forward in 2014 (instead of traded to us)... I would think long-term that would've made us worse off and SASK better off (seeing as how they got Jade Etienne in the trade). So yeah, on top of Burris being a jerk, it would've made SSK better off and us worse off, so no thank you.

Also if you assume Burris would result in the 2016 GC landing here - no way, Burris would've been mulch with those awful 2014/2015 seasons from the porous O-lines...and the supporting cast certainly wasn't there.

Burris wouldn't have won a grey cup here anyway, guy hated playing in bad weather. 

31 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I don't see it making the Riders better. Willy likely does not resign there as they still had a healthy Durant coming off leading them to a Grey Cup. Glenn remains a Redblack. Willy may have gone to BC or Montreal.

I think Burris would have made us better. Better QB even in 2014 than Willy ever was.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't see it making the Riders better.

Well, Etienne never played a single down for them, so I don't see how that trade could've been any worse for them? Sure Willy may have just never resigned, but they may have been able to flip him elsewhere for a more promising trade that may have panned out.

36 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Harris said it wasn't about the money then signed with the Eskimos for $525K, 50K more than the Redblacks offered. He also tried to double the amount of the signing bonus from the Redblacks. It was about the money folks.

I don't know how to break to the people here, but it is always because of the money or the girl.  "Dollars or dames"  And the latter has been known to follow the former. 

Making Joe Fan happy is not in their best interests.  Because Joe Fan will call you a bum and want you fired a week after buying your jersey.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Riders missing most of their DL tomorrow. Leonard on the 6. Evans is too I believe and Johnson is also out. Could be interesting.

Damn. And I picked the Riders to win, too. Oh well, a Rider loss combined with a win for Khari is never a bad thing and a decent consolation prize.