Your *HATE* goes in here

bluto

14 hours ago, iHeart said:

I HATE THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS, I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THE GOLDEN KNIGHT SO MUCH

Your disgust ought to be reserved for those who have created this mess. That would be Cheveldayoff and those who hired him and have kept him way past his "best before date".

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Your disgust ought to be reserved for those who have created this mess. That would be Cheveldayoff and those who hired him and have kept him way past his "best before date".

My hate is  towards the injuries that happened to Morrissey and Scheif that had costed us not Chevy...yes he does need to go (and yes what happened to Barron was an accident) I just want to be angry about all this

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

My hate is  towards the injuries that happened to Morrissey and Scheif that had costed us not Chevy...yes he does need to go (and yes what happened to Barron was an accident) I just want to be angry about all this

Hockey, like football is a violent sport and even perfectly legal hits can injure players. The hit that took Scheifele out was such and Morrissey's wasn't much worse. NHL players are well compensated- CFL players, not so much.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Road construction in 2023.

Lilo-stitch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On the bright side, road construction and traffic delays have caused me to switch to commuting with my bike and it is MUCH more enjoyable experience.

My commute before road construction was about 25 minutes, now it is often an hour (full of aggravation). My commute on my old bike is only about 45 minutes. Never thought the drive across town (15 km) would be quicker on my bike, but it usually is. The commute has also gone from stress-causing to stress-relieving.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, iHeart said:

Can I whine about construction again, it keeps delaying the bus schedule and it aggravates me considering how far it is from my home to my workplace

We are seeing work being done that was delayed for years and is now finally being accomplished. Does seem to be getting better, though, and the improvements are great!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the current state of healthcare in this province. Inlaw has been suffering stroke-like symptoms for the past 2 weeks. Doctors at the rural hospital they are in says they need an MRI to positively diagnose and treat them, but the rural hospital isn't equipped so they need a transfer into the city or to another hospital. Every day the nurses call a stretcher service to move them and every day they fail to show up. Again and again to the point that the hospital has asked us to perform the patient transfer this morning. I said I would because what else are we going to do, we need to get that MRI, they've languished long enough as it is. But I'm not a professional, I'm not equipped for this. What happens if they seize on the highway or trip getting out of the vehicle into his wheelchair? They are nauseous and dizzy, and i cant lift them alone. Just brutal. And what if I didn't have a vehicle? Are we now calling ubers to transport patients? I knew healthcare was bad but not 'no ambulances or stretchers available for days on end' bad. Definitely writing my MLA, Manitobans deserve better.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I hate the current state of healthcare in this province. Inlaw has been suffering stroke-like symptoms for the past 2 weeks. Doctors at the rural hospital they are in says they need an MRI to positively diagnose and treat them, but the rural hospital isn't equipped so they need a transfer into the city or to another hospital. Every day the nurses call a stretcher service to move them and every day they fail to show up. Again and again to the point that the hospital has asked us to perform the patient transfer this morning. I said I would because what else are we going to do, we need to get that MRI, they've languished long enough as it is. But I'm not a professional, I'm not equipped for this. What happens if they seize on the highway or trip getting out of the vehicle into his wheelchair? They are nauseous and dizzy, and i cant lift them alone. Just brutal. And what if I didn't have a vehicle? Are we now calling ubers to transport patients? I knew healthcare was bad but not 'no ambulances or stretchers available for days on end' bad. Definitely writing my MLA, Manitobans deserve better.

It is in shambles and has been for the last 10 years.    After having three family members going through Cancer during that time I can see why some people just pay money to get treated down South.  If you get really sick in Manitoba you have to really really push hard to get treated and to keep on top of things.  Each family member had incidents where incorrect medications was given to them and mix ups on how much or when chemo was given.  It was not a tight ship in which you can just trust them to do what is right.  You really have to do your own work to make sure that what they are doing is correct. 

Part 1 of my rant :        A few weeks back I had to take my Mother to urgent care (Concordia) and what a gong show that place is.   First of all the security needs to get fired ASAP and replaced with real security.   A drunk man was waiting to get treated as he had tried to beat up his  Mothers boyfriend and ended up injuring his hand.   He was drunk and acting aggressive towards other people in the waiting room.  When his Mother came to get him he flipped out and said he was going to kill her and her boyfriend and he didn't care about going to jail.  He started aggressively walking towards her and then pushing her.   The 5'7 security guard proceeded to walk away when this happened.  When it escalated even further and the admin staff were yelling for security... the guy came back and then sheepishly hid behind the admin staff!  Thankfully the admin got in the drunk guys face and told him to sit down.   But I was in shock that this security guard would cowardly  hide behind a 50+ year old lady when their was an actual situation in the lobby.

Later on a 2nd security guard came by  ,  this time a 5 foot 3 lady who was the opposite of athletic and when the drunk guy started acting up because nobody in the lobby would give him smokes she at least confronted the guy while the male security guard once again jumped and hid behind the admin staff.   Unfortunately she couldn't persuade the drunk guy to knock it off so thankfully some  one else in the waiting room got into his face and warned him that he was going to kick his ass if he kept it up.   

Absolutely unreal on how poor of a job these security people did.  Even mall security I've seen can do a better job.  

Part 2 of my rant:    We waited 13 hours in urgent care to get seen by the lone doctor.   Talking with the nurses it was a slow night also for them!!!  That's absolutely unreal that people have to wait that long to get treated.   I'm not expecting miracles in which you come in and come out within minutes of arriving.   But 13 hours and that's considered not so bad is absolutely unreal.   I saw an old man who looked like Santa who was in the waiting room when we arrived and was still waiting after my Mom was treated.  Dude could of been there for 15+ hours!   That's unacceptable,  this province needs a plethora of doctors and needs them ASAP.  

On 2023-10-07 at 4:01 PM, bustamente said:

Nothing will ever change unless the whole healthcare system changes, emergency and urgent care are clogged up by people that should not and don't need to be be there. 

They really should have a Non-emergency section attached to every emergency room... so they can divert accordingly. 

I hate driving in this city so much, specifically Regent avenue. 
It’s 60 kilometres per hour. Not a day goes by where I don’t have to sit behind a 3 lane wide row of cars driving like it’s the middle of bloody winter. Putting along at 40, forcing everyone to sit at the light at Lag, and the next one at Stapon.
Why are people in this town so afraid of the god damned accelerator? 

5 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I hate driving in this city so much, specifically Regent avenue. 
It’s 60 kilometres per hour. Not a day goes by where I don’t have to sit behind a 3 lane wide row of cars driving like it’s the middle of bloody winter. Putting along at 40, forcing everyone to sit at the light at Lag, and the next one at Stapon.
Why are people in this town so afraid of the god damned accelerator? 

I find the opposite for this city.  Everyone is always in a race and speeding all of the time.    It's a major pain in the ass when trying to switch lanes either in town or on the highway as I always encounter someone who will speed up and not allow me to lane change because heaven forbid someone goes in front of them.  It's 100 times worse when I drive my sports car,  all of the farmers come out and try to race and it gets old quick.  A whole lot of small weenie big truck driving morons on the road in the Peg.  

On Regent from Lag until Costco I find the issue more so the infrastructure for traffic leaving the shopping areas being clunky and insufficient.  The whole design is wrong and can cause bottlenecks.  The genius who designed the road south of Stapon when you are driving towards Walmart/Superstore.  I have no idea why they created an "S" shape rather then a straight line and then for them to plant bushes on the boulevard creating blind spots and frequent near crashes from people trying to leave Best Buy or people trying to turn left towards Micheals and not being able to see cars easily.   Same issues around Kenaston.    When I shop in Fargo it is so much easier to drive in and drive out of all the shopping areas.  

On 2023-10-12 at 12:52 AM, Brandon said:

I find the opposite for this city.  Everyone is always in a race and speeding all of the time.    It's a major pain in the ass when trying to switch lanes either in town or on the highway as I always encounter someone who will speed up and not allow me to lane change because heaven forbid someone goes in front of them.  It's 100 times worse when I drive my sports car,  all of the farmers come out and try to race and it gets old quick.  A whole lot of small weenie big truck driving morons on the road in the Peg.  

On Regent from Lag until Costco I find the issue more so the infrastructure for traffic leaving the shopping areas being clunky and insufficient.  The whole design is wrong and can cause bottlenecks.  The genius who designed the road south of Stapon when you are driving towards Walmart/Superstore.  I have no idea why they created an "S" shape rather then a straight line and then for them to plant bushes on the boulevard creating blind spots and frequent near crashes from people trying to leave Best Buy or people trying to turn left towards Micheals and not being able to see cars easily.   Same issues around Kenaston.    When I shop in Fargo it is so much easier to drive in and drive out of all the shopping areas.  

Yeah a lot of folks when they do want to hit the gas, don’t do it at the right time and it turns into a race you to the red light situation, which is no good either. 

What gets me the most is people who won’t use the middle lane to drive the speed limit. Going 10 under with no one in front of them, or unnecessarily braking when simply taking their foot off the gas will do.

Edited by JohnnyAbonny