Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Message added by Rich

Recommended Posts

If the Bombers offered me a pass for $100/season, and I didn't get anything but a lanyard that lets me through the gates, I'd be all over that, even living in AB. I could stand at the railing, and if there's an empty seat up top, I can sit there. No drink, no food.....just a way into the building (and I wouldn't say no to the Bombers Store discount that STH get...) and I would buy that, right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

https://www.chrisd.ca/2019/05/15/jim-beam-social-pass-winnipeg-blue-bombers/#.XNwa7shKhQI

 

This is kind of interesting, but $37/game seems high.....not sure I'd pay that much and not have a seat.

it comes with a free drink... so that's basically a $20 ticket!

Edited by bearpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

https://www.chrisd.ca/2019/05/15/jim-beam-social-pass-winnipeg-blue-bombers/#.XNwa7shKhQI

 

This is kind of interesting, but $37/game seems high.....not sure I'd pay that much and not have a seat.

How about they just call those empty corner sections the Rum Hut and Jim Beam section that comes with a free drink?

Seems like adding congestion to the most congested part of the stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

I assumed the Bombers would sign Kongbo and put him on the 6 game injured list but now I'm starting to think they will wait until he's able to practice to sign him. 

Maybe.

 

He can't be around the team at all in that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

How about they just call those empty corner sections the Rum Hut and Jim Beam section that comes with a free drink?

Seems like adding congestion to the most congested part of the stadium  

It says they'll be available on a game-by-game basis, so I'm assuming they'll release them for games that aren't going to sell out anyways.  Because correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that area already packed most games? Or just when it's a near-sellout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, max power said:

It says they'll be available on a game-by-game basis, so I'm assuming they'll release them for games that aren't going to sell out anyways.  Because correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that area already packed most games? Or just when it's a near-sellout?

That area draws from all over the stadium, so to have people to just add with no seat is kinda dumb to me.

 

I like my idea better, but I am biased.Make it a full time offer to fill those seats that sell the slowest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They do, but he comes in farther behind.

Yeah but considering they didn’t have a budget for two first round picks it’s really the ideal scenario. I wonder if they would have traded the pick had betts and kongbo been off the board already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Yeah but considering they didn’t have a budget for two first round picks it’s really the ideal scenario. I wonder if they would have traded the pick had betts and kongbo been off the board already.

6game doesn’t count against cap - why wouldn’t they have the budget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-11 at 6:39 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I doubt if frosty has ever seen him play. The only guy I know who always wants to talk about the Jets on chat when the Bombers are playing when no one wants to. Like who gives a **** about the Jets when the Bombers are playing?

Have seen the Bombers win 3 cups in my lifetime. That's probably ahead of the MBB average :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

6game doesn’t count against cap - why wouldn’t they have the budget

It’s been their history when they have two first round picks to draft one and then draft more of a future type guy because they don’t budget for two first round picks.  There was also a report this year that they were shopping one of the picks for this reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

It’s been their history when they have two first round picks to draft one and then draft more of a future type guy because they don’t budget for two first round picks.  There was also a report this year that they were shopping one of the picks for this reason. 

Pretty sure that was all speculation.  We really have no idea what their cap looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Maybe.

 

He can't be around the team at all in that scenario.

this isn't totally accurate... he can be around the team... he just can't participate in practice... either way, i expect the Bombers will get him signed before Saturday so he can at least be with the team and experience TC, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Pretty sure that was all speculation.  We really have no idea what their cap looks like.

I think John Hodge speculated it. So...you know.

They managed to find probably 200k + for Matthews in the budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bearpants said:

this isn't totally accurate... he can be around the team... he just can't participate in practice... either way, i expect the Bombers will get him signed before Saturday so he can at least be with the team and experience TC, etc...

Thanks.

I assumed you couldn't do anything with the club until you had a contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team will sign Kobongo but it isn't an impending rush...cant practice quite yet so no need to take up a TC roster spot, but all indicatons from the Bombers and Kobongo's camp is he will be signing and putting at the least 2 years worth of film together, to hopefully spark NFL interest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Booch said:

The team will sign Kobongo but it isn't an impending rush...cant practice quite yet so no need to take up a TC roster spot, but all indicatons from the Bombers and Kobongo's camp is he will be signing and putting at the least 2 years worth of film together, to hopefully spark NFL interest

Patrick Kabongo should keep doing whatever he has been doing the last 10 years away from football.

The NFL dream is dead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Thanks.

I assumed you couldn't do anything with the club until you had a contract. 

yes that is correct... in your initial response you said he couldn't be around the team if he was on the six game... I thihnk we're both on the same page just got some wires crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

It’s been their history when they have two first round picks to draft one and then draft more of a future type guy because they don’t budget for two first round picks.  There was also a report this year that they were shopping one of the picks for this reason. 

So... once... 😀

And kind of ignoring the Couture/Corney picks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...