Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why is it more important? With plays between the hash marks there aren't anymore 50 yard throws where the qb rolls right then throws left across the field. Accuracy is everything.

I should have been more clear. Accuracy is more important.  What I was trying to suggest was that relative to the American game arm strength matter more in the Canadian game than the America game due to the width of the field.

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Looks to be quick, fast, elusive and reads his blocks well. Why could he not stick in the AAF? Bomber sought to be interested.

I’ve been saying for a while that just becuase a player gets cut from the AAF doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be a good cfl player.   The cfl is filled with guys who got cut from another cfl team and then finally got their opportunity and produced.  Even  though the overall talent in the aaf is limited it’s a different game.  I believe that players in the aaf get assigned to teams based on where they went to college.  If he didn’t fit the scheme of one coach he  gets cut.  Doesn’t mean that he’s not a good football player. 

16 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I’ve been saying for a while that just becuase a player gets cut from the AAF doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be a good cfl player.   The cfl is filled with guys who got cut from another cfl team and then finally got their opportunity and produced.  Even  though the overall talent in the aaf is limited it’s a different game.  I believe that players in the aaf get assigned to teams based on where they went to college.  If he didn’t fit the scheme of one coach he  gets cut.  Doesn’t mean that he’s not a good football player. 

Rose looks like an excellent prospect, he should be able to take advantage of the extra space given the size of the CFL field and his skill set.  Not sure he will have much more opportunity than Flanders received to make a dent due to ratio but nice to pick up a player with this level of versatility.  Could be the next T.J. Thorpe!

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Rose looks like an excellent prospect, he should be able to take advantage of the extra space given the size of the CFL field given his skill set.  Not sure he will have much more opportunity than Flanders received to make a dent due to ratio but nice to pick up a player with this level of versatility.  Could be the next T.J. Thorpe!

I feel like in the harris era weve seen a bunch of high upside young RBs come in and play very well in camp but harris just leaves them with virtually no chance. 

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like in the harris era weve seen a bunch of high upside young RBs come in and play very well in camp but harris just leaves them with virtually no chance. 

That's the thing, it's hard to get too excited about an international RB, when you know he's not likely to see the field.  We know Flanders is a versatile talent and he rarely ever cracked the lineup.

Yeah...he is intruiging..but he is also a good receiver..and bigger than Dressler and could slot in that role and  e effective.

Also if we could work our ratio to allow for a DI to be used on an offensive player then there is the opening to get a multi skilled player like that on the roster 

The singing of Forde and somehow one of or both of Ackie and Bouka would gi a long way in helping our offence..and defense along with ratio flexibility 

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...he is intruiging..but he is also a good receiver..and bigger than Dressler and could slot in that role and  e effective.

Also if we could work our ratio to allow for a DI to be used on an offensive player then there is the opening to get a multi skilled player like that on the roster 

The singing of Forde and somehow one of or both of Ackie and Bouka would gi a long way in helping our offence..and defense along with ratio flexibility 

The problem will again be that Demski has the other slot/runningback hybrid position locked down.   We need to keep upgrading our Canadian talent so we can find way to get talented young players into the line regardless of position.