Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Yeah..uses hands well and has a pretty good athleticism with his length..qualities in the NFL that is highly sought.. especially with a pure edge rusher.. he actually tested tops in most notable tests at the combine for his position..interesting add to TC

Points after:

👁‍🗨 Debate last year at training camp on who won the safety spot. Taylor Loffler was in tough to secure the starting position. Fate stepped in, Jones got injured, and Loffler grabbed the cash after being voted an all-star. Funny how that works.

👁‍🗨”Something gotta give.” Kyle Walters.

He’s referring to all the money spent on top end Free Agents and squeezing all bodies under the SMS. Some good players will be released.

👁‍🗨 As early as last fall, the Bombers defensive Coaches were pointing at Winston Rose as a target at Free Agency.

👁‍🗨 Nice to hear Chungh contacted the Bombers to thank the Coaches and the Org. for drafting and tutoring him.

Willie Jefferson - 

“It’s the team, the organization and a couple of guys I know got in contact with me and told me they wanted me... Come out here and let’s try to do something we’ve been trying to do for the last couple of years." 

📝 | http://ow.ly/FNoI30nIGUi

#ForTheW

👁‍🗨 Pretty petty of Ottawa to squabble over a signing bonus for Harris..So what did it cost them? Only their QB

👁‍🗨 Lalate depth signing for Wpger and LB DJ Lalama..

Edited by Mr Dee

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pad level sucks though.  He's basically standing straight up at all times.  Pro level OL will just knock him on his can if he can't beat them around the edge.

He's had a few years on NFL practice squads...almost made the skins..pretty sure he's been coached up

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨 Pretty petty of Ottawa to squabble over a signing bonus for Harris..So what did it cost them? Only their QB

Desjardins was a failure as a GM in Hamilton. When he went to Ottawa we all expected him to fail there as well.  But he exceeded expectations for 5 seasons until now when he started dicking around Harris over his signing bonus. He could have signed him for $475,000. That sounds like something the Hamilton Desjardins would have done. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Booch said:

McCalllister does...freaky athleticism..had a stint with Eagles and almost made Skins, some people think he should have stuck there 

Why does a guy like that sign with the bombers?  I he's up against Roh, Jefferson, and Jeffcoat.  I guess he can possibly make the dev roster and become a cheaper replacement type guy in year two.

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

As much as I like Roh, does he make the Bombers roster as a Rohtational player this year? Seems like the trend is to save some money.  After signing Jeffcoat and Jefferson to big money, our 3rd DE may need to be a rookie.

Come to think of it he might have to hit the Roh'd if we find a younger cheaper replacement ;)

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Why does a guy like that sign with the bombers?  I he's up against Roh, Jefferson, and Jeffcoat.  I guess he can possibly make the dev roster and become a cheaper replacement type guy in year two.

Probably for a chance to get real reps and play so that he can go back to the nfl with momentum and get more then a depth role. 

Id still like to see trent corney back and rotating on the edge, gonna be hard for anyone to crack that lineup. We had some excellent young talent at bookend last year that never stood much of a chance too. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Probably for a chance to get real reps and play so that he can go back to the nfl with momentum and get more then a depth role. 

Id still like to see trent corney back and rotating on the edge, gonna be hard for anyone to crack that lineup. We had some excellent young talent at bookend last year that never stood much of a chance too. 

He has retired...