Congratulations Bombers

Jayph

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Crazy thought... I actually think the Riders offense might have been better with Bridge in at QB... his 86 yards of scrambling accounted for a third of their overall yardage... and it was very hard to defend at times... but then again, Collaros is actually capable of throwing the ball to a receiver...

Bridge is just plain bad. Early in game he missed a open receiver, we could have made it 10-0.  later on again he hit the upright with the ball when Roosevelt was open. That 14 points would have been the difference.  Even a plug like Nichols can throw to a open receiver in the endzone. Bridge will be at Walmart next year, he is brutal

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Crazy indeed. Bridge missed a wide open guy in the end zone, missed a deep ball to a wide open guy that resulted in PI and grossly under threw a wide open receiver for a pick. He also had some bad luck hitting an upright for another open receiver in the end zone. Any one of those plays makes up for his running.

yeah... that was kind of the caveat at the end of my post...

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Are you 12 years old or something?  There is respect from men that play contact sports. With 8 seconds left, the game was over. It was a garbage POS thing to do. It may have been slightly accidental, but don't crack jokes about it, he was hurt and it could have been a lot worse.  He was out cold before he even hit the ground, he never braced himself for the fall and his head bounced off the ground. Its a bit frustrating watching two of our qb's two games in a row take vicious head shots like that and not even see a flag get thrown. I'm sure you won't mind if Singleton does that next week to Nichols or Harris. Ambrosie can save his bullshit lip service about player safety for some other group of fans

I believe Jeffcoats response to the hit when he was interviewed.  It was not an intentional hit to injure.  And seriously you say it's a POS thing to do even if it was accidental.  And  I never made a joke, I posted an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Crazy indeed. Bridge missed a wide open guy in the end zone, missed a deep ball to a wide open guy that resulted in PI and grossly under threw a wide open receiver for a pick. He also had some bad luck hitting an upright for another open receiver in the end zone. Any one of those plays makes up for his running.

The one that hit the upright wasn't close.  The receiver was wide open for a easy td, no doubt about it.  The problem was Bridge launched that ball half way to South Dakota, it just happened to hit the upright on the way. He would have overthrown Roosevelt by 20 yards had it not made contact.

Congratulations Bombers and Bomber fans alike. 

Tough road ahead next week. No doubt the Stamps will be ready. However the Bombers have to really pick up their game. As neither team yesterday look like a team that can beat Calgary at home.  

Now I know what Bomber fans felt like for GC 2007. I’m not saying the Bombers would have won with Glen or that the Riders  would have won with Collaros. But I have no doubt both teams would be better off with their starting QB. 

I would suggest we may have seen the last of Collaros. No team or even the QBs family should be concerned every time he gets tackled hard. Simply falling hard with helmet to turf and he’s right back in protocol. 

I’m sure the excitement level next Sunday in Manitoba should be at an all time high. Enjoy it and hopefully the refs can do a better job. Trust me when I say that they missed calls on both sides. Here’s hoping the Bombers show up at the top of their game. 

Cheers

Rider fan 

thing with his inaccuracy tho is kinda moot...Collaros for the year was barely a 60 percent passer..with more int's than Interceptions...so to say he would have made those throws is baseless really...guys also miss wide open receievers every game..it happens due to many reasons..pressure making him throw too soon for one...for all we know Collaros could have been sacked before being able to attempt to make that throw...or we may have played different coverage with the more realistic chance that Collaros may have took a shot, as it was I don't think we played a scheme worried about Bridge taking those shots..as said in broadcast he hadn't completed a pass over 20 yards in over a month.

Sask could have possibly been shut out...or close to it if not for Bridges big runs....which Collaros would never had made...

Edited by Booch

16 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I believe Jeffcoats response to the hit when he was interviewed.  It was not an intentional hit to injure.  And seriously you say it's a POS thing to do even if it was accidental.  And  I never made a joke, I posted an opinion. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cfl+bridge+hit+by+jeffcoat&view=detail&mid=908E4E0336D52EFE51EE908E4E0336D52EFE51EE&FORM=VIRE

You are right, definitely a accident..

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Watching it again this morning really seems like having both players come in at the same time helped get Jeffcoats head higher which led to the helmet to helmet. In no way shape or form do I see that as intentional, just hugely unfortunate that it wound up like that. 

And thankfully he wasn't coming in at top speed. Hopefully players will realize this type of hit is no longer part of football.

I rarely watch NFL but when I do these types of hits x10 in magnitude happen regularly without calls or consequences.

"POS thing to do" aww muffin. a player got hurt playing a contact game. These things are going to happen. Sure 8 seconds left, in a one score game in the CFL. I've never seen a last second td thrown in the league. Never ever happens...

I wouldn't call it an intent to injure, but he wanted to make sure he felt the hit. The same way that POS ssk player wanted Wolitarsky to feel it. The same way jefferson wanted the bombers to know what kind of player he was when he show boated in the endzone, or called out the Oline before the game. You wanna act like a bunch of assholes, you're gonna get treated like one. Next time, maybe they should all STFU and learn to play offence.

**** THE RIDERS!

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Are you 12 years old or something?  There is respect from men that play contact sports. With 8 seconds left, the game was over. It was a garbage POS thing to do. It may have been slightly accidental, but don't crack jokes about it, he was hurt and it could have been a lot worse.  He was out cold before he even hit the ground, he never braced himself for the fall and his head bounced off the ground. Its a bit frustrating watching two of our qb's two games in a row take vicious head shots like that and not even see a flag get thrown. I'm sure you won't mind if Singleton does that next week to Nichols or Harris. Ambrosie can save his bullshit lip service about player safety for some other group of fans

Ripper, I agree with you to an extent. That was a very hard hit, but in re-watching it with the available video from TSN, it was not at all certain that it was a deliberate head shot. It may have been, but the available evidence does not confirm that. I am against "intent to injure" but football is a violent sport and sometimes it is hard to differentiate between intentional and accidental. If there is a deliberate head shot, then the offender should be tossed, fined and suspended.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

This really falls on Jones for not having a competent back up qb, he knows what he has in Collaros in terms of health, and this garbage that Collaros had a chance to play was nullified when they signed Tate.

I think they thought that Bridge could be that guy based on what happened for them last season. Bridge won them a bunch of games off the bench last season. Now that works when you yank Glenn and put in a totally opposite style since Bridge runs well, but when both Collaros and Bridge are running guys you don't get that same change of pace and it's easier for the defense to keep doing the same things to make it work. 

It's why switching between Bridge and Watford (or whatever his name is) doesn't work as well as when the Bombers sub Streveler in for Nichols. 

The hit yes was a penalty...but after re watching it several times just now...he actually pivoted to lead with his shoulder..and shoulder was first point of contact..and helmet hit Bridge in the jaw...was not crown either but forehead that hit him i the chin as momentum carried through..he didn't dip his head to spear...or lead helmet first...If you watch it you can see that...so intentional attempt to hurt....doubtful...but intentional attempt to hammer him hard...totally

to me, it looked like 94 was attempting to hit with his shoulder.

He's never made any kind of dirty play, late hits, head shot, nothing like that. not once that I can recall.  

So it would be odd for Jeffcoat to suddenly pull that kind of thing.

Also, hard hits are part of the Bombers way of playing, O and D, but definitely not late and dirty hits.

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

to me, it looked like 94 was attempting to hit with his shoulder.

He's never made any kind of dirty play, late hits, head shot, nothing like that. not once that I can recall.  

So it would be odd for Jeffcoat to suddenly pull that kind of thing.

Also, hard hits are part of the Bombers way of playing, O and D, but definitely not late and dirty hits.

Least penalized team in the league, they don't need to play dirty to put down Bridge and the Riders.

Ive literally watched the hit 20+ times and it was a shoulder to shoulder hit where the sheer force propelled Bridge's head downward/sideways where it made contact with Jeffcoat's helmet/shoulder area snapping it back. It was no doubt a super violent hit, but by no means did Jeffcoat lead with his head ala Willis. The Willis hit was light years worse.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Skunk is who we thought he is. I'll let you fill in the description. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27