Game Day Thread- Week Sixteen, GAME 14: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Eskimos September 29, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nothing wrong with that. Its part of football. Guys get hit. Oh well. 

William's got crushed reaching backwards for a horrible pass...  William's being hurt is on the QB..

I don't fault the DB at all for laying him out..

Edited by SPuDS

Just now, AKAChip said:

Takes two to tango. 

For sure. You the ******* tho. 30 to 3 dude. D was impressive. The fact you made it seem like Edmonton just sucked because no reason  says all anyone needs to know about you. Enjoy your night. You likely wont tho cuz the D dominated but here you are being salty. 

Just now, Goalie said:

For sure. You the ******* tho. 30 to 3 dude. D was impressive. The fact you made it seem like Edmonton just sucked because no reason  says all anyone needs to know about you. Enjoy your night. You likely wont tho cuz the D dominated but here you are being salty. 

I gave the D plenty of credit earlier. It was a good game by them. Even a great game. Edmonton definitely sucked though. 

I’m so darn impressed with that defence tonight. My god. If this is what they have been saving up to do, we could win the rest of our games from the D alone. Two years ago the blue d was a turnover machine. Tonight’s blitz machine stymied the schmoes to 3 points. That’s eye opening. Blitzes, turnovers, incredibly hard hits, that’s football that’s fun to watch. 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

I’m so darn impressed with that defence tonight. My god. If this is what they have been saving up to do, we could win the rest of our games from the D alone. Two years ago the blue d was a turnover machine. Tonight’s blitz machine stymied the schmoes to 3 points. That’s eye opening. Blitzes, turnovers, incredibly hard hits, that’s football that’s fun to watch. 

Teams will figure us out defensively so our D has to play better. We caught the Eskimos off guard. They figured we were finished. 

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Why is it unnecessary?  Pretty damn necessary if the guy catches the ball instead of dropping it.  DB's don't have time to make sure on a bang bang play if the catch was made, coming up to make the hit/tackle.

Fair point.  Personally I thought it looked late and avoidable.

Last 4 games-

250 yards passing against

205 yards passing against

234 yards passing against

192 yards passing against

With lots of garbage time yards in the last two games.

All 4 would have been easy wins with a functional offense.  Last 2 were wins.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules