LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That it was only two games and we're ten games in?

The rest of the schedule doesn't have me feeling very optimistic.

2 with Sask who just beat Calgary, a team that demolished us, Calgary again who just demolished us, Montreal who just beat a team that demolished us (Ottawa), Edmonton who always seems to find a way to beat us, Ottawa again who just demolished us, and Sask again.

Wins are going to be hard to come by. The weakest teams there are Sask and Montreal, two teams that are trending up having both won 2 straight while we are trending down with 2 straight losses. But let's be optimistic and assume we beat the weakest teams. That gives us 4 wins and has us ending the season at 9-9 (.500) which is likely good for a 3rd or 4th place finish in the West.

Toronto won the cup as a .500 team last year so that's good.

The only team BC can catch is us but we have the tie-breaker so that's good.

We haven't lost 3 straight in a long time so as long as we win tomorrow, that's also good.

See? I can be optimistic.

Another positive is that Mike O'Shea's winning percentage has trended up since he got here although I doubt we're going to see 12-6 this year.

2014 - .389     

2015 - .278

2016 - .611

2017 - .667

Looks like Gerald Rivers is in along with Gaitor.  3 DI's on D plus Medlock.  They could definitely get Flanders on the roster if they wanted to.  To me Wild and Gaitor's roles could be quite easily taken on by one of the Canadians.  There's no roster crunch keeping him off.

That DL and receiving group are thin as hell.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.” -- Tom Landry

Sorry I guess it won't let me quote your tagline.

I know when I try and quantify Micheal O'Shea's accomplishments I often think "you know what.... He's very comparable to Tom Landry" 

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Looks like Gerald Rivers is in along with Gaitor.  3 DI's on D plus Medlock.  They could definitely get Flanders on the roster if they wanted to.  To me Wild and Gaitor's roles could be quite easily taken on by one of the Canadians.  There's no roster crunch keeping him off.

Ekakitie really messed with this regime's plans...  Surprised that Marouf is not back - did he sign somewhere else?

9 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

As for Calgary demolishing us...

We were in the game for 3 quarters... winning 2 of them..  how is that a demolishing??

The panic prone mentality here at times ..

I think after almost thirty years without a cup it has gone beyond "panic prone mentality",  and everyone is now pretty much just in a zombie state wandering the season hoping for the best.

On 2018-08-30 at 9:01 AM, Jim McD said:

New CFL & Bombers fan here from New Jersey.  ESPN does not have any CFL games on the schedule for the next few weeks.   Is there any way to watch Bombers games streaming over the web?

I guess ESPN must be inundated with poker or drone racing instead of showing actual sports.

I use ESPN+ and it works incredibly well. Fantastic quality, includes all the games. 

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Y’all are some miserable sky is falling folks 

Exactly. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person on this hoard that watches all the other games. Every single team has had major ups and downs this year, most from week to week. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows for anyone but Calgary at this point. 

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Just keeps getting better and better....

19 minutes ago, O2L said:

Exactly. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person on this hoard that watches all the other games. Every single team has had major ups and downs this year, most from week to week. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows for anyone but Calgary at this point. 

I guess some of us thought we had the second best team...

58 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I guess some of us thought we had the second best team...

Quarterback can't sustain it right now.  At some point they need a QB to make some plays against "other" good teams.  You can beat the Argos and Lions (at home anyway) sleepwalking through most of the game.  They have as many pieces as anyone else.

1 hour ago, O2L said:

I think the reality is simply that there is incredible parity in the league and any team can win on any day, whether by a small margin or a large one. 

What? There are four teams above .500, one at, and three below. Three of the four are Western teams. That's the furthest thing from parity. Any team can win on any day even when there is no parity.

2 hours ago, O2L said:

The thing is that most teams had their problems five or six games in and are trending the other way while we are trending down at completely the wrong time. Not to mention that not one single win by our team has come against a team above .500. Not one. That is not a very good sign.

7 hours ago, J5V said:

Another positive is that Mike O'Shea's winning percentage has trended up since he got here although I doubt we're going to see 12-6 this year.

2014 - .389     

2015 - .278

2016 - .611

2017 - .667

They will have to go 8-0 to improve, 7-1 to match.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The teams trending the other way....did they recently have any QB changes ?

A QB change here isn't necessarily the answer. Sask got their #1 back and TO has found theirs. MTL has been looking for two years and likely have it in Manziel and Pipkin. Personally I don't think our answer is in Streveler. He definitely has an upside and will be the future but he is not ready yet. However, I do feel they should use him more but we all know that MOS won't.