LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

Call it whatever you want. 

When I lived in Vancouver, I spoke to very few people who cared about the CFL and even fewer who followed anything but the Lions. 

My experience as well. 

The sponsors like the name banjo bowl, and if they like it, it stays. 

AND...There were no billboards this year taunting the fans. Even the sk fans that post here are beginning to respect that this is a blue bomber board and not an excuse to say anything about the sk squad. They have been yelled at so they are maybe getting the message through their inbred ears. 

The truth is and consistently, Regina still sucks, and not everyone there can play a banjo. 

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Tell you what, when Sask. agrees to rotate the L.D.C. between the two cities as they used to, the Bombers will change the name of the Banjo Bowl.  Till then, it stays the same.  

1st of all that makes no sense in anyway. The Legaue as in Randy Ambrose’s office make up the schedule. Not the SK Roughriders. Also if you look around the league. The CFL is proud of the traditions it has going on Labour Day. Over 50 years games have been in the same Cities on Labour Day. No one is going to change the leagues mind on that. They love tradition as much as they love Diversity  

No one in the CFL knows about or cares about Troy Westwood’s words except SK and Manitoba. So I’m repeating myself but if you took a poll across the Country with CFL fans. I’m telling you that the largest Majority think Winnipeg is or are the Banjo people. Some might think it’s both fans. Very few would take the time to figure out that the name of the home town Banjo Bowl is suppose to represent the visiting team and fans... seriously, they wouldn’t.

If someone says they are going to the Potato Bowl. Any smart person knows that has to take place in Idaho. In the Famous Idaho Potatoe Bowl. No one in the world thought the visiting team the   Colorado State Rams were the Potatoe Heads. They all know the Idaho Vandals reside in the land of the Potatoe! So why would anyone watching the Banjo Bowl in Winnipeg think anything but the Bombers and Bomber fans as being the Banjo pickers. 

Its a name that has to go. Not just for the green fans. But for your own self respect. Not to mention how the game makes fun of a type of person who is pretty helpless. 

We all know that O’Shea use to coach special teams so it was a natural fit to take over in Winnipeg. Haha

The name has to go. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Grammar

Just now, rebusrankin said:

All right, I propose we change the name of the Banjo Bowl to "We Hate the Riders Day."

Actually that’s better. At least it targets the right group!

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

All right, I propose we change the name of the Banjo Bowl to "We Hate the Riders Day."

This is the 15th Banjo Bowl, it's building its own history and tradition. It's going nowhere. The fact that the rider fans cry about it makes it all the better.

Me and some friends are travelling to Winnipeg next year for the bb. One is a rider fan, the other a stamps fan who wants to take it in. Deal with it rider fans. 

11 minutes ago, White Out said:

This is the 15th Banjo Bowl, it's building its own history and tradition. It's going nowhere. The fact that the rider fans cry about it makes it all the better.

Me and some friends are travelling to Winnipeg next year for the bb. One is a rider fan, the other a stamps fan who wants to take it in. Deal with it rider fans. 

11 minutes ago, White Out said:

Deal with what? The fact that Bomber fans have named them self the Banjo Bowl. It’s far more deragatory to the Bomber fans than Rider fans. 

The game itself is always going to be an excellent rematch. But go ahead, keep the rest of the league thinking Winnipeg is a bunch of Banjo picking Earl Scruggs. Or the young kid on the porch in the movie Deliverance. It’s self deprecating for Bomber fans. Maybe it’s best. 

1 hour ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Deal with what? The fact that Bomber fans have named them self the Banjo Bowl. It’s far more deragatory to the Bomber fans than Rider fans. 

The game itself is always going to be an excellent rematch. But go ahead, keep the rest of the league thinking Winnipeg is a bunch of Banjo picking Earl Scruggs. Or the young kid on the porch in the movie Deliverance. It’s self deprecating for Bomber fans. Maybe it’s best. 

I don't know who you're trying to convince here, me or yourself. The idea you think it's derogatory to Bomber fans is puzzling. The fans love it. Sponsors love it. The league and TSN love it for the eyeballs. The more you protest the more we can plainly see its getting under your skin and you hate your backwards province being the butt of the joke.  I hope you didn't faint and fall off your tractor while reading this btw.

Edited by White Out

25 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Derogatory? It's supposed to be fun. If this was the Argos calling a visiting Riders game the Banjo Bowl, I would see youe point, but the name was meant to be a joke shared between two prairie provinces. The fact that it makes anyone angry is puzzling to me.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Derogatory? It's supposed to be fun. If this was the Argos calling a visiting Riders game the Banjo Bowl, I would see youe point, but the name was meant to be a joke shared between two prairie provinces. The fact that it makes anyone angry is puzzling to me.

Well when a fan base only exists to have smoke blown up their asses anything that isn't smoke being pumped up there MUST be a grave insult.

Why in the heck would any opposing fan to the WBBFC be so pissed if, as they propose, the WBBFC is making fun of themselves? 

I wouldn’t give a fiddlers **** if the SK team decided to call the ill named LDC “the big jerk bowl”, to describe themselves and their activities. 

Edited by Rod Black

Rider fans headed to Bango Bowl

Keep an ear to them c.b. Radios good buddy

your clear through to Moose men. 

I says “Pig Pen, this here’s the Rubber Duck

we just ain’t gonna pay no parkin”

so they crashed the Doug Brown gate doing 8

i say “let them Combines roll” 10-4

Cause we got a little convoy

Rocking through the night

yeah we got a little convoy

ain't she a beautiful sight? 

Come on Combine convoy

Ain’t nuthin gunna get in our way

We gunna roll this Combines convoy 

Cross the prairie plain

Convoy

yee haw! Me n sis r gittin married! 

Edited by Rod Black

Beat them first.  Make fun of them after.  Business before pleasure. 

Hell, this team just needs to get on with the business. 

The 2nd half collapses, breakdowns and mistakes on both sides of the ball......has got to go.   Enough stuff about almost being there, get them next week, have to be better, yada yada.   Turnaround has to start this weekend - not 3 weeks from now, not some day, not next year......

I need a drink.

Edited by do or die

9 minutes ago, do or die said:

Beat them first.  Make fun of them after.  Business before pleasure. 

Hell, this team just needs to get on with the business. 

The 2nd half collapses, breakdowns and mistakes on both sides of the ball......has got to go.   Enough stuff about almost being there, get them next week, have to be better, yada yada.   Turnaround has to start this weekend - not 3 weeks from now, not some day, not next year......

I need a drink.

None of us can beat them. That’s the teams duty.

I would not encourage a WBB player to make fun of any opposition team or fan. SK has duron carters type, we don’t. Wouldn’t want us to. 

Its the sk fan, coming on the bomber board telling participants what’s good for us and whining about the banjo bowl moniker. Them taunting, inciting, criticizing and bawling 😭 over an event name certainly could expect a very predictable and ridiculing response. 

Actually. My Johnny Walker is rather tasty right now too. Cheers. 

5 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

1st of all that makes no sense in anyway. The Legaue as in Randy Ambrose’s office make up the schedule. Not the SK Roughriders. Also if you look around the league. The CFL is proud of the traditions it has going on Labour Day. Over 50 years games have been in the same Cities on Labour Day. No one is going to change the leagues mind on that. They love tradition as much as they love Diversity  

No one in the CFL knows about or cares about Troy Westwood’s words except SK and Manitoba. So I’m repeating myself but if you took a poll across the Country with CFL fans. I’m telling you that the largest Majority think Winnipeg is or are the Banjo people. Some might think it’s both fans. Very few would take the time to figure out that the name of the home town Banjo Bowl is suppose to represent the visiting team and fans... seriously, they wouldn’t.

If someone says they are going to the Potato Bowl. Any smart person knows that has to take place in Idaho. In the Famous Idaho Potatoe Bowl. No one in the world thought the visiting team the   Colorado State Rams were the Potatoe Heads. They all know the Idaho Vandals reside in the land of the Potatoe! So why would anyone watching the Banjo Bowl in Winnipeg think anything but the Bombers and Bomber fans as being the Banjo pickers. 

Its a name that has to go. Not just for the green fans. But for your own self respect. Not to mention how the game makes fun of a type of person who is pretty helpless. 

We all know that O’Shea use to coach special teams so it was a natural fit to take over in Winnipeg. Haha

The name has to go. 

"Look at me, I'm a Rider fan!!"

Image result for stupid rider fans

The term "Banjo Bowl" doesn't offend me at all, and I'm pretty sure the huge majority of fans feel the same way. I'm sure if the league thought it was offensive they would have done something about it a long time ago. The fact is fans on both sides of the border have taken the name and ran with it. It's fun in my opinion, and my advice 3RD AND 1 is just accept that the name ain't going anywhere soon. It's not hurting anyone, and coming over here in enemy territory sure isn't going to get anything done about it lol. All you're doing is getting the locals here riled up.

Just now, szaroz71 said:

The term "Banjo Bowl" doesn't offend me at all, and I'm pretty sure the huge majority of fans feel the same way. I'm sure if the league thought it was offensive they would have done something about it a long time ago. The fact is fans on both sides of the border have taken the name and ran with it. It's fun in my opinion, and my advice 3RD AND 1 is just accept that the name ain't going anywhere soon. It's not hurting anyone, and coming over here in enemy territory sure isn't going to get anything done about it lol. All you're doing is getting the locals here riled up.

If the league can use offensive terms like "regina" and "saskatchewan", I can't see them having an issue with "Banjo Bowl".

15 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

It doesn't bother me.  No one I know or hang around with even cares about it.  If it can help sell tickets and promote the game, go for it.  We need a win and I hope we are coming into your stadium to take one from you. You can call us whatever you want as long as you are behind us in the standings