LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

48 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

The thing is that most teams had their problems five or six games in and are trending the other way while we are trending down at completely the wrong time. Not to mention that not one single win by our team has come against a team above .500. Not one. That is not a very good sign.

the wrong time to trend down it at the end of the season, not midway through. Bombers came out relatively strong, slumping at the moment, but plenty of time to get it sorted out before the important games happen. honestly this is probably the optimal time to slump if you have to have a slump. fix what's not working and be strong going into the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

the wrong time to trend down it at the end of the season, not midway through. Bombers came out relatively strong, slumping at the moment, but plenty of time to get it sorted out before the important games happen. honestly this is probably the optimal time to slump if you have to have a slump. fix what's not working and be strong going into the playoffs.

I would think the wrong time to trend down is just about any time. There is time, but not much and I will remain deeply concerned until they show a reversal from the last 16ish games.

2 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

I would think the wrong time to trend down is just about any time. There is time, but not much and I will remain deeply concerned until they show a reversal from the last 16ish games.

well the odds of going through an entire season without a slump are pretty miniscule, closest we've seen are the Stamps, and look how often they've slumped in the biggest game? Or all those years of Montreal winning a pile except for the cup. Just accept that in the CFL it is hard to be on top of your game the entire way through and just weather the slumps and trust that the people in charge will get it straightened away. 

Except this “slump” is 28 years running in a 9 team league. That is futility. While you may like to remain optimistic I tend to not keep the blinders on. I will remain concerned as what has transpired so far this far and hope they can get rid of this trend of mediocrity.

8 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

What? There are four teams above .500, one at, and three below. Three of the four are Western teams. That's the furthest thing from parity. Any team can win on any day even when there is no parity.

There parity based on how teams are playing now - when it counts. 

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

While I agree with your thoughts I have some problems with a few things - First of all IMHO the Bombers came out strong against very weak opponents. The second problem I have with your thoughts (which I appreciate BTW) is that you assume the Bomber management can identify the problems and take corrective action to remedy. I am not sure I can agree with that. I have not seen anything that would give me much faith that they understand what the problem is and have any idea how to fix the problem. 

I hope I am wrong but given what we have seen over the past 5 years since MOS has been on board and especially with Richie Hall (who IMHO is the major issue with the defense) I have little faith that they can or are willing to take the necessary corrective action.

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Things are down right now but some folks are acting like their life is over. 

I really do not see it that way - what I see is a Fan Base that is getting tired of a team that appears to be going no where fast. And the trend line both past and present tends to support that. I can only speak for myself living in Calgary - but I will tape the game (go to the mall during the actual time the game is being played) and watch it tonight.

Life certainly will go on regardless of the outcome. Especially with college football starting and NFL just around the corner.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎31 at 9:45 PM, Tracker said:

The problem is not just Hall, but the fact that O'Shea will not replace him. And now the offence has gone MIA.

Very much agree with this concise statement. I very rarely watch other teams play, and I watched the whole Montreal/Ottawa game the other night. What a breath of fresh air in Montreal with their new QB! Their entire team was energized, and took it to Ottawa. I'm not ready quite yet to advocate for a QB change, but our predictable offence really needs some sort of a shot in the arm. And I just can't accept that losing Dressler has killed us offensively. I'm pining it on LaPo.

I see a fan base who thought this team was way better than it's turning out to be. We beat some bad teams and believed that we were the second best team in the league, some folks even thought that Calgary wasn't that big a deal anymore. Now that we've played a couple of +.500 teams and we've seen where we really stand, those fans are beginning to realize that we aren't as good as they thought we were. That's where the anger comes from.

If we lose today, and that's a real good possibility IMO, these sites will be full of anger, hate and sadness as well as calls for patience and hope. We've already gone from talking about hosting a playoff game to just making the playoffs and see what happens.

What I want to see today is a competitive game that doesn't get decided until late in the 4th quarter. I want to see an offence that plays with intensity and imagination, and is not afraid to make a change at QB ( or any other position ) if things aren't working. I'd love to see Bennet throw a pass out of a fake punt.

I absolutely don't want to see our soft, pathetic zone coverages on defence. I want the same thing out of the D that I said above, intensity and imagination! 

At the end of the day home field is a huge advantage in these next 2 games, and I expect a split. 2 losses would be devastating and must result in a coach getting fired.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I see a fan base who thought this team was way better than it's turning out to be. We beat some bad teams and believed that we were the second best team in the league, some folks even thought that Calgary wasn't that big a deal anymore. Now that we've played a couple of +.500 teams and we've seen where we really stand, those fans are beginning to realize that we aren't as good as they thought we were. That's where the anger comes from.

If we lose today, and that's a real good possibility IMO, these sites will be full of anger, hate and sadness as well as calls for patience and hope. We've already gone from talking about hosting a playoff game to just making the playoffs and see what happens.

Pretty much bang on! Seems to me that we have been here before year over year pretty much since MOS and Richie Hall have been around. Great expectations - poor results.

41 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

WOOO HOOO Go BOMBERS GO!!!!

ITS GAME DAY....!!! YAY!

*read quote*

Daaaamn man.. you are the the type of guy who enjoys pissing in someone's cornflakes.

You're the kinda guy who rains all over people's parades... 

You're the guy who pops a child's balloon

You're the guy who reminds a diner where veal comes from.

Why do you even bother "cheering" for this team? 

I still don't know if you are a troll.

You are like the source, just less obvious.

Anyways Debbie downer- I hope you can enjoy the game.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Things are down right now but some folks are acting like their life is over. 

You're right.  In the CFL you can go on a run post labour day and still get a home playoff game.  But why do I feel like I'm in a some "Groundhog Day" scenario where we have the highest of hopes for the season and then the same weak links appear and the results are the same.   

Regardless of our record at the end of the season.  Miller needs to do an indepth review of the entire football operations group and force changes where needed.  Don't leave the decisions in the hands of Walters or O'Shea.  Miller didn't build a successful career by keeping with the status quo.     If Danny Mac or Richie Hall need to go.  Make the call and  move on.  

I remember a boss of mine who I admired and tried to emulate. he always said that when you lose an employee it's not a loss, it's an opportunity to hire someone even better.  He embodied the  term "everyone is replaceable". 

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WOOO HOOO Go BOMBERS GO!!!!

ITS GAME DAY....!!! YAY!

*read quote*

Daaaamn man.. you are the the type of guy who enjoys pissing in someone's cornflakes.

You're the kinda guy who rains all over people's parades... 

You're the guy who pops a child's balloon

You're the guy who reminds a diner where veal comes from.

Why do you even bother "cheering" for this team? 

I still don't know if you are a troll.

You are like the source, just less obvious.

Anyways Debbie downer- I hope you can enjoy the game.

Please stop using double spacing! Waste for view space! :) And I tend to agree with TB's thoughts. Difference between Cheering and Reality! Get use to it!