Coaching

Floyd

I'm a huge OShea supporter...

But that advice to Hall to get more pressure on BLM was at a time when the game turned...  Hall needed to keep dropping guys back into coverage and limit BLM - instead they opened up the game

Was OShea mic'd up...  was there a broken wire or something... Was that Tim Burke on the sidelines for those last two minutes - get that man a tennis cap...

Lapo called 7 running plays to Harris - at a time when his starting QB is looking like his confidence is teetering.... now its obliterated...  

Predictable long balls - hooks and curls, hooks and curls...  enough trick plays already...

Hall called a really good first half, really good - got some lucky breaks... but then like every single game, he cannot defend and cannot adjust when it counts

Three pretty good quarters and then an implosion that really should cost all these guys their jobs.

Funny reading that article a few days ago in which Hall said the defense was heading in the right direction.  Anytime the Bombers face a good QB it seems like an automatic 350+ passing yards given up by the defense.  Mitchell just set a personal record with over 450 passing yards.  Sure doesn't seem like it's heading in the right direction. 

Edited by blueandgoldguy

How and why did Lapo go away from the two back set? Whether it’s with Flanders who I prefer, or with Demski, we’ve had tons of success with that formation. 

Start Streveler, dress Flanders and let Demski come into the backfield on sweeps. There won’t be a team in the league that could stop our running game. We can’t win throwing with Nichols and this receiving core. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

When the O cant move the ball the D gets tired cuz they spend all game on the field.. D kept it close in the first half... And through the 3rd quarter... Our Os biggest plays was by our backup QB. 

The O and Nichols is problem 1. 

Calgary had two sure TDs dropped by their receivers... if their guys are on, BLM has 600 yards...

How many years are we going to wait for the 'right' personnel to learn Hall's system and make it work...  that NEVER happened in Regina, why do we think it will happen here

Osh needed a real DC - like Thorpe or Nelson...  instead we've had scrap heap DCs since Day One - not sure who to lay that one on... maybe they're cheap hires

Just now, Blueandgold said:

How and why did Lapo go away from the two back set? Whether it’s with Flanders who I prefer, or with Demski, we’ve had tons of success with that formation. 

Start Streveler, dress Flanders and let Demski come into the backfield on sweeps. There won’t be a team in the league that could stop our running game. We can’t win throwing with Nichols and this receiving core. 

Forget the two back set... how and why did he abandon the run game so quickly 

21 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Seems to be a rerun of failing to make half time adjustments on both sides of the ball.

I believe you are correct. In babble I said at half time that we need to make good adjustments now and we'll see how good our coaches are. Well, the proof is in the pudding.

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

Amazing how we went from totally unpredictable on O.......to totally predictable.

Only Harris can do what he can, Demski can't since he's on-off. When opponents checks Harris and Adams, the game is over.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS is 3-7 versus Edmonton and 2-9 versus Calgary for a record of 5 and 16. However it will be ok, let's all hold hands around the campfire boys and sing kumbaya.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

MOS is 3-7 versus Edmonton and 2-9 versus Calgary for a record of 5 and 16. However it will be ok, let's all hold hands around the campfire boys and sing kumbaya.

And drink the Kool-Aid.

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Eesh I can only hope Walters and Miller have more sense than to do that.

I guess I'm not sure who would get the call to decide MOS's future if he failed to make the playoffs this year if that would be Walters or Miller.  Whoever it is would have to realize he was given 5 years to do it and missing the playoffs in three out of those five is not acceptable, especially this year when we have Grey Cup talent on the roster.

I sure would hate to think our GM would be on the hot seat after signing guys like Harris and Dressler to the team, or that our CEO would also be on the cooker for trying to get a fresh way of conducting business here.  But if they don't have the stones to understand that MOS keeps blowing his chances in certain games and retaining certain bad coaching assistants on his staff and has committed three strikes, then they too could be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I sure would hate to think our GM would be on the hot seat after signing guys like Harris and Dressler to the team, or that our CEO would also be on the cooker for trying to get a fresh way of conducting business here.  But if they don't have the stones to understand that MOS keeps blowing his chances in certain games and retaining certain bad coaching assistants on his staff and has committed three strikes, then they too could be in trouble.

Andrew Harris wanted to come here...  BC should have kept him

Signing Dressler, Bowman, Moore, Smith, Stafford, etc...  these are kind of 'meh' to me - Dressler is nice but I'd rather have developed our own guys...

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Andrew Harris wanted to come here...  BC should have kept him

Signing Dressler, Bowman, Moore, Smith, Stafford, etc...  these are kind of 'meh' to me - Dressler is nice but I'd rather have developed our own guys...

And from this point on nobody will ever take any posts of yours seriously....  just terrible....