Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Media loves to complain how players, especially hockey players, don't actually say things in interviews anymore. Exhibit A why a player shouldnt.

They do, but have you seen Matt Nichols performance? He's STUNK, over/under thrown everybody. Sits in the pocket for FAR too long, throws for 4 yards on 2nd down when we need 13. Just to name a few.

Then he has the audacity to complain that the fans are being mean to him and that his receivers aren't getting open. No duh Matt, if they were open all the time you would probably throw deep more and continue to only miss by 10 yards.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

just watched the "highlights" lol,  on youtube.

debating which side of the ball lost the game is like choosing between dog poo and cat poo for lunch.

Nichols brohmed one pass. threw 2 int directly to guys on the other team. On the one the lineman picked off, there were two other receivers that look open. That he seems to look towards, and then go to Harris. 

The pass to Adams was clearly underthrown, Adams had two guys beat, had to slow down, they both caught up to him, and both defenders swatted the ball is it came to him. Not likely anybody could make  that catch. blaming him for that is really bad if Nichols did so. Going to have some apologizing to do.

Not the biggest fan of Bo Levi, but when he has players open, usually he can hit them.

sad to say, it looks like the pass defence is once again a complete shambles. four guys covering one receiver, three guys surrounding a receiver with the ball, yet all three unable to tackle him (shades of defences past),

defenders running away from a receiver, leaving him uncovered, defenders in trail position. 

Assuming these coaches know what they're doing, their not explaining it very well to their players. 

We've had dozens of pass defenders through here. same result every season.

I suspect that the guys that we have that have been really good, best days are behind them, wasted on bullshit defensive teams.

just an ugly mess. I'm surprised Calgary didn't score more points. Cause there was basically nothing stopping them.

Two beat downs in a row. 

Right now, this team is awful. 

At least with Streveler, there is a chance he'll run, and they have to respect that. As it is, the Wpg offence is actually probably pretty easy to draw a D game plan for.

Not putting in Streveler is mystifying.

If you're betting don't open your wallet too wide! MOS's  loyalty would make some guy down South kill for.  I think it would be fair for MOS to start Nichols but make a change before the game is out of hand.  We give up 500 yards to Ottawa and Hall says:"I like where we are right now".  To prove his point he allows Calgary to do it again.  Well at least he's a man of his word.

I guess it's not funny but this deja vu gets very frustrating after a while as we are left with the only option of accepting it as being the norm.    

5 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

The reason for my anger is there's no possibility of improvement or change.

Might just wait for the offseason, hopefully Walters will man up.

No he won't. Walters is weak, possibly the biggest problem the Bombers org has.

There is a reason he was also a big part of the Joe Mack era.

Miller is disingenuous from shaking fan's hands and promising a competitive product several years ago. He basically is a big liar, settling for Walters and O'Shea knowing that at best they are mediocre.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I have to say to all the people posting about how Nichols is doing lately, and how the coach is handling it etc etc....I have to say you would all be banned from that other site.  Jus a friendly warning,  especially for those that bounce between the two places.

There is much to be said about a site that let's its people express their opinions as opposed to one that is operated as part of a cult.

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Miller is disingenuous from shaking fan's hands and promising a competitive product several years ago. He basically is a big liar, settling for Walters and O'Shea knowing that at best they are mediocre.

Give me a break... we hosted a playoff game last year.  The team has been competitive, but has taken large steps backwards this year.   I honestly believe the talent is there, and we're close... just need a few pieces to move around, and a few new pieces coming in soon, and there's still time to right the ship!

5 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

As long as we limit the explosion plays we’re fine. I’d say we’re doing a fantastic job of that.

if we can’t get Claybrooks I vote this man becomes our next head coach, no excuses.

Thanks Gotmilt. I absolutely love what this guy is about. No excuses. STFU! Make plays!

2 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

Give me a break... we hosted a playoff game last year.  The team has been competitive, but has taken large steps backwards this year.   I honestly believe the talent is there, and we're close... just need a few pieces to move around, and a few new pieces coming in soon, and there's still time to right the ship!

You may be right about the talent, but the pieces that need to be moved around may not be all on the field.

On 2018-08-26 at 12:46 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

Hey where is Booch ?..... I need him to take a message to that other board that I got booted from for dissing Nichols.  Or is anyone lurking here from there that could help me ? 

was away with no internet access until today after the saturday game...digesting the loss haha

16 hours ago, TheSource said:

If you could GTFO here with garbage comments like this, that'd be great.

13 hours ago, J5V said:

Thanks Gotmilt. I absolutely love what this guy is about. No excuses. STFU! Make plays!

I guarantee you 90% of the players tuned him out half way through the speech, and they all laughed at him in private after the game. That is clown behavior and nobody takes that seriously anymore.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

20 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

They do, but have you seen Matt Nichols performance? He's STUNK, over/under thrown everybody. Sits in the pocket for FAR too long, throws for 4 yards on 2nd down when we need 13. Just to name a few.

Then he has the audacity to complain that the fans are being mean to him and that his receivers aren't getting open. No duh Matt, if they were open all the time you would probably throw deep more and continue to only miss by 10 yards.

Not defending what he said. Point was once you say something unsafe to media it's like a balloon in the wind.  You've lost control of it no matter what the context was or circumstances. Media  then feeds off that. 

Which is why athletes are coached in media relations. Give them interviews but don't feed them either..

15 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Not defending what he said. Point was once you say something unsafe to media it's like a balloon in the wind.  You've lost control of it no matter what the context was or circumstances. Media  then feeds off that. 

Which is why athletes are coached in media relations. Give them interviews but don't feed them either..

Fair points.  But when you double down the following week and say you thought you moved the ball well in second half and the receivers were not getting open.  Out scored 30-11 in second half (7 out of 10 games now) and 8 of the 11 points came in garbage time with 8 seconds left.  Might be just me but he might be best to zip it

Once again, here’s the transcript (from Ed Tait) of what Nichols actually said as opposed to what people are saying he said:

Irving: “Their defence is the best in the league statistically. What did they do today, Matt? Did they do anything that you weren’t expecting?”

Nichols: “No. Nothing we weren’t expecting. They just do their jobs very well. When they’re in zone and I’m going through four and five reads and finding no one open, they’re doing a good job. There were times where I felt like we were moving the ball well against them, we hit some stuff. We just kept kind of stalling out, were just a little short and we didn’t do a good enough job of getting some chunk plays as an offence which, in my opinion, is not an offence in the CFL. If you don’t have two or three of those in a game that flip the field, you don’t have a good chance of winning. We just need to find a way to make some of those bigger plays. It felt like we were right there all game, we just didn’t quite make that one play to change the game.”

Edited by Mr Dee

20 hours ago, TheSource said:

What are you going on about.

3 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I guarantee you 90% of the players tuned him out half way through the speech, and they all laughed at him in private after the game. That is clown behavior and nobody takes that seriously anymore.

They're morons then. Get sat on the bench then keep laughing see how funny it is. Bet you once we sit a couple guys down on the bench it won't be too funny. See so many posts on instagram and twitter with backhand remarks at the fans for not believing in them. STFU and make plays.

Edited by Gotmilt

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Once again, here’s the transcript (from Ed Tait) of what Nichols actually said as opposed to what people are saying he said:

Irving: “Their defence is the best in the league statistically. What did they do today, Matt? Did they do anything that you weren’t expecting?”

Nichols: “No. Nothing we weren’t expecting. They just do their jobs very well. When they’re in zone and I’m going through four and five reads and finding no one open, they’re doing a good job. There were times where I felt like we were moving the ball well against them, we hit some stuff. We just kept kind of stalling out, were just a little short and we didn’t do a good enough job of getting some chunk plays as an offence which, in my opinion, is not an offence in the CFL. If you don’t have two or three of those in a game that flip the field, you don’t have a good chance of winning. We just need to find a way to make some of those bigger plays. It felt like we were right there all game, we just didn’t quite make that one play to change the game.”

This should put an end to the "throwing under the bus" talk.