Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

Then the dynamic of the room needs to change, and LaPo should be given the reigns on offensive personnel, and especially in game changes.  We know Mike won't make one, and when it's stale, something's gotta happen!

Can you please describe how the dynamics should change? Please let us know what they are now? It's nice to have someone on the inside who can tell us what those dynamics are. Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can you please describe how the dynamics should change? Please let us know what they are now? It's nice to have someone on the inside who can tell us what those dynamics are. Thanks in advance!

One can assume... don't have to be "on the inside".   Cranky this morning JCon??   It's obvious that O'Shea calls the shots... but when you've got someone (LaPo) on your sideline that has even more experience than you, you'd think you'd want to utilize that experience.   I bet if it was LaPo's call, he would have let Streveler play in the last couple games.  His offence looks more effective with Streveler in, and I do believe the play calling has been dialed back to suit Nichols limited ability this year.  Those suggesting the play calling has been holding Nichols down... I think it's the other way around.  LaPo isn't the one (not) throwing the ball.

1 minute ago, trueBlue83 said:

One can assume... don't have to be "on the inside".   Cranky this morning JCon??   It's obvious that O'Shea calls the shots... but when you've got someone (LaPo) on your sideline that has even more experience than you, you'd think you'd want to utilize that experience.   I bet if it was LaPo's call, he would have let Streveler play in the last couple games.  His offence looks more effective with Streveler in, and I do believe the play calling has been dialed back to suit Nichols limited ability this year.  Those suggesting the play calling has been holding Nichols down... I think it's the other way around.  LaPo isn't the one (not) throwing the ball.

So, you don't know what you're talking about but you're still talking...

You don't know what the dynamic of the room is. You have zero insight into what goes on or who Lapo wants in there. 

Why don't you just say you want Streveler in there and defend why you think he's better than Nichols at this point? 

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

like I said... one can assume.   just because you think Matt Nichols is a good quarterback, doesn't mean you have to sh!t all over me.   Have you been hurt by everyone's comments lately too??

I know Matt Nichols is a good QB. He's playing in the CFL at a high level. Very few people in this world can do what he does.

I also think he's injured and his accuracy and timing is affected. I would like to see Streveler in there more, especially late in the game. 

I also KNOW that I don't know what's going inside the room. I KNOW that I don't see the game film. I KNOW not to pretend I know what Lapo or MOS think. 

The only thing that pains me is people who pretend to know what is going on.

and I've never said 'I know this is what's going on'  I'm making assumptions... this is what fans do.  Portray thoughts to create discussion.  With the direction this team is headed, I think delving into this area of the team is arguably just as important as what's going on on the field.  If this crap continues, I can see a divided room on the horizon.  I just hope to hell it doesn't come to that!

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I know Matt Nichols is a good QB. He's playing in the CFL at a high level. Very few people in this world can do what he does.

as far as this goes.... debateable.   Nichols has had 3 good games since this time last season.  Banjo Bowl, 2 weeks later against Ottawa and the Western Semi Final.

If you're going to pick apart my words, I'll do the same... "playing at a very high level".   "Has played at a very high level" but that's almost a year ago now.

12 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

It almost sounded at the start of the coaches show like O'Shea was open to the idea of giving Streveler some time.... but as the show went on, and he continued to defend Matt's play, it's  clear he has no interest.   What's funny is, he said twice that Matt threw for 325 yds last game.  So he's so oblivious he doesn't actually know what his QBs (inflated due to garbage time) numbers were.   Wow!

And the funny thing about that is that 65 yards of that was Strevelers...makes you wonder how much game tape/review/grading he is...or they are actually doing to determine if changes need to be made...all around on the team...Because most times..and most teams...a guy is getting owned/abused/mismatched...he gets replaced....here...we trot em out with excuses and applause for the infrequent good things they did...bizzare...we need a staff and management that has a ruthless part to their good guy personality

11 hours ago, Doublezero said:

He has no interest or knowledge of much of anything on the offensive side of the ball. Didn't you hear his comment when he was mic'd up during the Stamps game? "Defence is No. 1 always!" That is his passion and interest and expertise.

Well, he has a funny way of showing that by allowing Richie Hall to wreck it.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎26 at 5:46 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

I have to say to all the people posting about how Nichols is doing lately, and how the coach is handling it etc etc....I have to say you would all be banned from that other site.  Jus a friendly warning,  especially for those that bounce between the two places.

They ban you for respectfully talking football, even though your opinion was unpopular and you were semi trolling at times, but keep a knob like Gbill who is schizo and throws a tantrum anytime anyone disagrees with him. Makes no sense.

Edited by gcn11

Whenever I’ve heard O’Shea talk reviewing game film, it’s always “we”. The same thing applies to planning for the next game. O’Shea doesn’t just put stamp approval on game plans until he, and the co-ordinates, review what they think is a plan to win that game against whichever opponent. He as much said it again on the last Coaches’ show that they will evaluate to see if changes are warranted. 

LaPo, Hall and O’Shea, are all responsible for the game plan and who the QB will be. I don’t believe, at this stage, that they are talking giving Streveler more time other than in the packages they’ve already shown us. They love Nichol’s preparation and still think he’s their best option. He just maintains he thinks “how do you win the game.” O’Shea says he doesn’t believe he’s being being stubborn in this regard. 

The same for Flanders..”he’s a very good football player behind a very good football player.”

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The same for Flanders..”he’s a very good football player behind a very good football player.”

bad case of tunnel vision??  can they not find a way to fit him in?  guys like Thigpen have been used as SB before elsewhere... if we're going to throw short anyways, why wouldn't you want another YAC guy in your receiving corps?

because Lankford knows the playbook...puts in time during the practices and is a good teamate and has been in league for 3 years...I guess Flanders has none of those traits...oh wait a minute....he does...and in his time on the field has been a difference maker and a real threat opening things up for others....guess it must be something else

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

bad case of tunnel vision??  can they not find a way to fit him in?  guys like Thigpen have been used as SB before elsewhere... if we're going to throw short anyways, why wouldn't you want another YAC guy in your receiving corps?

As a outsider looking in.  Blows me away that you guys don't have him on the roster every week.  Its clearly not a priority or they would find a way

5 hours ago, Booch said:

because Lankford knows the playbook...puts in time during the practices and is a good teamate and has been in league for 3 years...I guess Flanders has none of those traits...oh wait a minute....he does...and in his time on the field has been a difference maker and a real threat opening things up for others....guess it must be something else

Some of this reminds me of when we kept giving Grigsby carries and had two upgrades over him in Cotton and Volny.  Mike O'Shea's long history of playing favorites.

7 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, he has a funny way of showing that by allowing Richie Hall to wreck it.

Don't forget that after the D finished last in just about every statistical category last season, that MOS said he would be taking a larger role in running the D this year. So don't be layin' it on Richie alone.

Mike "we need more pressure Richie" O'Shea is involved in helping keep the D a finely-tuned machine.

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I know Matt Nichols was a good QB. He was playing in the CFL at a high level. Very few people in this world can do what he used to do.

Fixed that for you.

The only thing that pains me is people who repeatedly defend poor performance AND pretend to know what is going on now by describing what went on in the past. Football is a "what have you done for me lately" business and what Nichols has done lately is, stink. 

BTW, if he has been playing injured as you say, he must have lied to us when he came back. Or did you KNOW that?

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would love to know that it is injury- then we would have reason to expect that he will get better.

Yes but that still doesn't explain why he has been playing. I get that maybe he lied about his health to get back in there but wouldn't the trainers/medical staff, Lapo, and O'Shea know he was still hurt and couldn't perform? 

40 minutes ago, J5V said:

Fixed that for you.

The only thing that pains me is people who repeatedly defend poor performance AND pretend to know what is going on now by describing what went on in the past. Football is a "what have you done for me lately" business and what Nichols has done lately is, stink. 

BTW, if he has been playing injured as you say, he must have lied to us when he came back. Or did you KNOW that

Please don't "fix" anything I've written. You're welcome to your OWN opinion.

I don't consider much of what players say, in-year, of much value. If he says he's 100%, I don't believe it. 

And, he's still one of the best QBs in the league (my opinion). One of a very few who can do what he does at the level he does (a fact).