Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dont forget about Wr and Rb.

"Streveler hands of the Streveler, who steps back and bombs one out to Streveler....only to have it intercepted by Streveler who takes it to the house. Extra point from Streveler is good!!"

Now that would considered a game managing QB etc etc etc lol

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dont forget about Wr and Rb.

"Streveler hands of the Streveler, who steps back and bombs one out to Streveler....only to have it intercepted by Streveler who takes it to the house. Extra point from Streveler is good!!"

Except for the pick 6, that would be perfect!

200w.webp

One of his problems seems to be too much hesitation or over thinking when he's dropping back.  I'd say ...

1.  He isn't trusting what he's seeing

2.  Lapolice isn't using enough tactics to scheme WRs open

3.  Not one to turn on Nichols, but his leash is going to get shorter the way Streveler is chomping at the bit.

Right now though, I'm probably more aggravated at the coaching staff.

What is the deal using Demski to return kicks?  Ridiculously bad idea.  No aggressiveness either in this settle for FGs crap.  Bad preparation it seems all around.

I'd say this coaching staff should be given a must win ultimatum from here in out till seasons end.  Get on a winning streak, make the playoffs and get a playoff win at minimum.  Fail that, and their done.

If the team fails to make the playoffs and MOS and staff get canned, make a trade deal with Nichols to Ottawa and then give Streveler a starter's contract.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

One of his problems seems to be too much hesitation or over thinking when he's dropping back.  I'd say ...

3.  Not one to turn on Nichols, but his leash is going to get shorter the way Streveler is chomping at the bit.

What is the deal using Demski to return kicks?  Ridiculously bad idea.  No aggressiveness either in this settle for FGs crap.  Bad preparation it seems all around.

I'd say this coaching staff should be given a must win ultimatum from here in out till seasons end.  Get on a winning streak, make the playoffs and get a playoff win at minimum.  Fail that, and their done.

If the team fails to make the playoffs and MOS and staff get canned, make a trade deal with Nichols to Ottawa and then give Streveler a starter's contract.

His receivers aren't open, you could see him scan the whole field a few times today and he doesn't have the ability to extend plays with his legs to allow them to get open. If he had better receivers, he'd probably be doing fine, but he doesn't and that doesn't fit an immobile qb's game. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

His receivers aren't open, you could see him scan the whole field a few times today and he doesn't have the ability to extend plays with his legs to allow them to get open. If he had better receivers, he'd probably be doing fine, but he doesn't and that doesn't fit an immobile qb's game. 

Well, as I said I put part of that failure on Lapolice not fixing the scheme with man-beater routes or more misdirection fake end arounds or more stuff to get em open.

As I mentioned, both our TD passes today came off play action.

6 minutes ago, pigseye said:

It's why the quick passing games works so well with QB's who are less mobile and comfortable scrambling.  Went to it in the first half and was on pace for nearly 300 yards.  Abandoned in 2nd half, finished at 166.  Basically no passing game in 2nd half.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's why the quick passing games works so well with QB's who are less mobile and comfortable scrambling.  Went to it in the first half and was on pace for nearly 300 yards.  Abandoned in 2nd half, finished at 166.  Basically no passing game in 2nd half.

Jones is no idiot, he recognized it and made adjustments at the half. We're only playing with half a deck, not hard for a good DC to shut down. 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Jones is no idiot, he recognized it and made adjustments at the half. We're only playing with half a deck, not hard for a good DC to shut down. 

No I disagree.  he is an idiot but a good coach who is a great manager.

if we don't have a huge lead at half time. I don't have the confidence in our coaches to make the necessary adjustments to win the game or even keep us in the game if we have the lead. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

They didn't change much.  Started almost all blitz on passing downs early, went to more 3 man pressure and then more of a mix in the 2nd half.  Lapo adjusted to the 3 man pressure and went to more calls with straight drop backs and out of the quick game and misdirection, also forgot about Harris for a long stretch.  Then they had lots of trouble with the blitz on passing downs.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Agree something is really off with Nichols this year, he's not even hitting timing routes.  

Could be's.

1.  Injured leg, still bothering him physically or mentally.

2.  Too many new receivers, not enough chemistry.

3.  Took his job for granted in the off-season slacked off on his training and did not prepare well enough to improve his performance.

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They didn't change much.  Started almost all blitz on passing downs early, went to more 3 man pressure and then more of a mix in the 2nd half.  Lapo adjusted to the 3 man pressure and went to more calls with straight drop backs and out of the quick game and misdirection, also forgot about Harris for a long stretch.  Then they had lots of trouble with the blitz on passing downs.

Harris went out early in the second half which didn't help. Riders played 3 man front most of first half with 4 deep, don't know why, guess they expected the Bombers to be bombing? They run blitzed more in the second. 

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Same old Lapo story...  in fact, same story as last three games....

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

But is this really the case?? Define open? Do these guys have to be wide open for Nichols to pull the trigger? Or is it more of Nichols being so risk adverse and unsure in his abilities that he's scared to gun it in a tight spot. I hate to break it to him but this is professional football, receivers arnt going to be running free on every play. You need the confidence and skill to complete passes into tight windows. Nichols has neither of those attributes.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

We're talking Walters here. He would never do that. He & Mike O'Shea are joined at the hip. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

But is this really the case?? Define open? Do these guys have to be wide open for Nichols to pull the trigger? Or is it more of Nichols being so risk adverse and unsure in his abilities that he's scared to gun it in a tight spot. I hate to break it to him but this is professional football, receivers arnt going to be running free on every play. You need the confidence and skill to complete passes into tight windows. Nichols has neither of those attributes.

Yeah its a total copout...

BLM threaded 'QUADRUPLE' coverage against us...  if you have confidence, receivers get open... if you're Willyed, then no one is ever open.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

The only time Nichols has looked half-decent this season is when thinking has been taken off his plate, quick throws based on pre-snap reads.  If they show this many rushers, go here, if they show less, go here.  

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The only time Nichols has looked half-decent this season is when thinking has been taken off his plate, quick throws based on pre-snap reads.  If they show this many rushers, go here, if they show less, go here.  

If Streveler doesn't start next game, this regime from Walters down to Hall is gone...