What a difference a week makes!

3rd & 1

13 hours ago, J5V said:

Actually we started the season without our starting QB yet have the better record. You still have the distinction of being the only team to lose to woeful Montreal. 

If you read all the comments. You would see I mentioned that losing to Montreal was humbling. I’m not here boasting. Just suggesting a week can change things. It may change again next week.

5 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

You come in enemy territory you get just that, so no we don't take it easy on any enemy fans.

Having said that, should be a great two weeks of football coming up.  If I'm a ssk fan, id be nervous about Nichols finding his groove again because he has played petty well against SSK in recent years.  Only thing that might negate that is Richie Hall being bad.

I hope it’s a great rock em sock em 2 weeks of awesome football. 

Honestly im not nervous as I understand that both teams are still finding their groove. The more practises Collaros gets. Hopefully our stagnant offence gets better. I’m expecting a split but 1 team might step up and take both games. 

38 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

You come in enemy territory you get just that, so no we don't take it easy on any enemy fans.

Having said that, should be a great two weeks of football coming up.  If I'm a ssk fan, id be nervous about Nichols finding his groove again because he has played petty well against SSK in recent years.  Only thing that might negate that is Richie Hall being bad.

I'm almost inclined to believe this is a fact.   Wonder how long he would last as Sask's defensive coordinator.

3 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

I am not Patronizing anyone. The Bombers were playing well the previous 3 games and were on a roll. I’m treating myself but I was here chatting with Bomber fans. I’m not trying to rub anything in. What I wrote is exactly the way things were and how they ended up. I’m talking about 1 measly week. Previous to this week football attitudes were completely different. Next week it may continue or it may flip. It’s not a big deal. 

I understand now why there is so much hatred. You can’t accept that a fan can come here and have a discussion. He must be up to something because that’s what maybe you would do. Or your looking for intent in my words. I’m not doing that. let’s just talk football. I don’t hate or dispise anyone anywhere. If you ever read 3 down nation comments after articles you would see I was respected as a football fan  

I don't hate you.  I just never understood the need for Rider fans to behave like you do after a win.  Pretty simple. 

16 hours ago, TheSource said:

Riders are a better team than the Bombers today mainly because they have better scouting and a coach/GM who is not afraid to challenge his players or replace a guy if he is not playing great. People here do not like Jones, but he has guts and is to be respected for the results he gets every year.

I have no problem with that because those who take risks and make changes should reap the rewards of pursuing excellence. Bomber fans may not like the Riders, but at least they always pull out all the stops to shoot for excellence, which shows both in the offseason as well as at every point during the season as they are always trying to improve. It takes guts and desire to run a franchise this way year after year, decade after decade. The team is a mirror of the pride and desire of the fan base, which is not prepared to accept anything less.

For us who follow the Bombers it is frustrating because Bombers always seem to put other priorities ahead of becoming the best in the league (such as frugal budget management and making tidy profits for the BOD). Not sure if it is because Bomber fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but for some reason, the way the Bomber franchise is being run in the last 3 decades, they just don't see the need to go much beyond that. It's unfortunate, but it looks like that's about how far the Bomber franchise will go in the near future of the current cycle before tanking again into another pitiful long rebuilding process. Then end could come sooner than some here think because Walters has not shown that he can keep good players in a competitive FA market because the guy is just not aggressive enough or smart enough to know a good deal from a bad one. Unlike last year, this year this team is going to have ALOT of turnover. I dare say that they will not handle it as well as the better run teams do, so I can see some dark times ahead.

One troll supporting another troll.  Please Rich, enough is enough.  

Riders are a better team than the Bombers today mainly because they have better scouting and a coach/GM who is not afraid to challenge his players or replace a guy if he is not playing great. People here do not like Jones, but he has guts and is to be respected for the results he gets every year.

I have no problem with that because those who take risks and make changes should reap the rewards of pursuing excellence. Bomber fans may not like the Riders, but at least they always pull out all the stops to shoot for excellence, which shows both in the offseason as well as at every point during the season as they are always trying to improve. It takes guts and desire to run a franchise this way year after year, decade after decade. The team is a mirror of the pride and desire of the fan base, which is not prepared to accept anything less.

For us who follow the Bombers it is frustrating because Bombers always seem to put other priorities ahead of becoming the best in the league (such as frugal budget management and making tidy profits for the BOD). Not sure if it is because Bomber fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but for some reason, the way the Bomber franchise is being run in the last 3 decades, they just don't see the need to go much beyond that. It's unfortunate, but it looks like that's about how far the Bomber franchise will go in the near future of the current cycle before tanking again into another pitiful long rebuilding process. Then end could come sooner than some here think because Walters has not shown that he can keep good players in a competitive FA market because the guy is just not aggressive enough or smart enough to know a good deal from a bad one. Unlike last year, this year this team is going to have ALOT of turnover. I dare say that they will not handle it as well as the better run teams do, so I can see some dark times ahead.

Image result for epic fail meme

Riders are a better team than the Bombers today

This is the only part of your post that may be true. The Riders may be a better team than the Bombers today (i.e. this past weekend)...because they beat the best team in the league on the weekend and the Bombers lost. The Riders are not ahead of the Bombers in the standings and may not be better than the Bombers this coming weekend or the weekend after that or by season's end.

The rest of your post is not worth commenting on...

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't hate you.  I just never understood the need for Rider fans to behave like you do after a win.  Pretty simple. 

Seriously I would have been here even if both games were complete opposites. I was challenged properly by Bomber fans to come here after the weekend. As I had said that SK is getting better now that Collaros is back. Many Blue fans had suggested Collaros time is over. I’m hoping they are wrong. 

If you look back a week ago under competing fan heading. You will see I am 100% up front. Hopefully I can change some minds in that not all green fans are young and mouthy. All fan bases have them. 

I just enjoy good football. Plus I really hope the trend of Calgary losing continues.  

This may sound hokey but if you really want to stick around here & are sincere then respect is earned & not given.  What you said when you first posted here about how we were basking in the sunlight a week ago... doesn't cut it & you won't get any modicum of respect doing it that way.  You have to prove you're not a Rider troll by the style & substance of what you say. For me, the jury is still out. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This may sound hokey but if you really want to stick around here & are sincere then respect is earned & not given.  What you said when you first posted here about how we were basking in the sunlight a week ago... doesn't cut it & you won't get any modicum of respect doing it that way.  You have to prove you're not a Rider troll by the style & substance of what you say. For me, the jury is still out. 

There is a kernel of truth in what was said. Many Bomber fans were ecstatic over the three-game winning streak but there were those who were cautious because the Bombers beat up on the weak sisters of the league. What concerned me was the second game against the Lions where the Bombers stormed out to a lead only to have it evaporated as Wally and Co. adjusted and the Bombers went status quo. It was a replay of many games over Hall's tenure as DC but O'Shea does not escape blame either.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is a kernel of truth in what was said. Many Bomber fans were ecstatic over the three-game winning streak but there were those who were cautious because the Bombers beat up on the weak sisters of the league. What concerned me was the second game against the Lions where the Bombers stormed out to a lead only to have it evaporated as Wally and Co. adjusted and the Bombers went status quo. It was a replay of many games over Hall's tenure as DC but O'Shea does not escape blame either.

We have issues with our DC & something needs to be done in the off season.  I think we have the talent in the secondary to be very good but not with Hall. We've seen Hall's defense over the past few years & I want to see a change,  You won't get any argument from me. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We have issues with our DC & something needs to be done in the off season.  I think we have the talent in the secondary to be very good but not with Hall. We've seen Hall's defense over the past few years & I want to see a change,  You won't get any argument from me. 

Agreed, but the larger issue is why O'Shea cannot or will not address what to many is a glaring problem that is hamstringing the team and has for years now.

41 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed, but the larger issue is why O'Shea cannot or will not address what to many is a glaring problem that is hamstringing the team and has for years now.

O'Shea has a stubborn streak a mile wide & I think he's not the kind of guy who can adjust to changes on the fly.  I don't think he's a bad coach but I also don't think he's a great head coach either. I've never heard O'Shea ever say once he made a mistake & own up to it . He's too loyal at times  with his coaches & his players. Failing to address the liabilities of Ritchie Hall is frustrating.  He should've been fired after our playoff loss but it didn't happen.  I think we'll keep winning with him during the regular season as that's proven but win a Grey Cup? Not sure he can do it.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Seriously I would have been here even if both games were complete opposites. 

Oh really, I beg to differ. Besides your recent baiting thread last week, you've posted twice in 2018... and one of those was another baiting attempt regarding the Darian Durant signing. Can you once, just once talk about something from outside your own borders? Maybe about what makes the Stamps so consistently good, how the other teams in the West will fare, or *gasp* that maybe, just maybe, there are other fans in this league?

15 hours ago, Tracker said:

It was a replay of many games over Hall's tenure as DC but O'Shea does not escape blame either.

Apparently for some, many, Mike does escape blame.

For a lot of people on this forum, it's simply "a stubborn streak", nothing to do with his ability as a head coach. 

All the ire aimed at Hall, when last season's end, O'Shea said he would be more involved in the D.

He's been given a good chance to succeed (success being a Grey cup appearance at least).

We have a good quarterback, some CFL superstars on offence, and defence, arguably the best O line in the league, some other very good offensive and defensive players.

Roadblock, Calgary, just beaten by the maligned Riders. So Stamps are not invincible.

Time to make it happen.

Edited by Mark F

On 2018-08-19 at 11:43 PM, blueingreenland said:

I actually agree with 3rd and 1's first post. It's all sunshine and lollipops after a win and after a loss the sky is falling.

Just because the Bombers looked woeful against Ottawa doesn't mean our season is all downhill. Look at Toronto last year. They pretty much sucked most of the year and turned it on the final 3rd.

We still have a chance against Calgary this week...but we need to bring our A game.

Its because there are lots of posters on here who only post after a loss. Its true.. I dont think its sunshine and lolipops after wins.. I think lots of us still tend to look at the faults of the team.. No win is perfect. No loss is total garbage either. 

There are always good plays or moments in every game that are memorable. It just appears that after a loss, ppl who dont post often do.. 

This loss tho is less about the loss i think and more about what Nichols said about the boos. 

Thats my main take from this week.. Losses happen to every team.. Hey Ottawa is pretty friggin good right now.. They are rolling.. Im not surprised we lost but i am a little concerned about how our QB and team in general it seems has responded to the booing. 

We have a good team... I just feel they have shown they are mentally soft. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Apparently for some, many, Mike does escape blame.  For a lot of people on this forum, it's simply "a stubborn streak", nothing to do with his ability as a head coach. 

All the ire aimed at Hall, when last season's end, O'Shea said he would be more involved in the D. He's been given a good chance to succeed (success being a Grey cup appearance at least).

We have a good quarterback, some CFL superstars on offence, and defence, arguably the best O line in the league, some other very good offensive and defensive players. Roadblock, Calgary, just beaten by the maligned Riders. So Stamps are not invincible. Time to make it happen.

For me, it was disturbing that O'Shea's answer to a porous defence under Hall's guidance was to say that he would be spoon-feeding Hall more this year. Why? Hall is not a rookie DC and if he has to be supervised, what does that say about Hall's competence?

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

For me, it was disturbing that O'Shea's answer to a porous defence under Hall's guidance was to say that he would be spoon-feeding Hall more this year. Why? Hall is not a rookie DC and if he has to be supervised, what does that say about Hall's competence?

What do you want the D to do when the O goes 2 and out 8 times a game? 

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oh really, I beg to differ. Besides your recent baiting thread last week, you've posted twice in 2018... and one of those was another baiting attempt regarding the Darian Durant signing. Can you once, just once talk about something from outside your own borders? Maybe about what makes the Stamps so consistently good, how the other teams in the West will fare, or *gasp* that maybe, just maybe, there are other fans in this league?

3rd and 1. You need to read this and understand that this board is not about your favourite team. Your disingenuous with your comments about only wanting to talk about football. Most of your posts are about SK related opinions. Most folks here don’t care about that squad. This is a Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan forum.