What a difference a week makes!

3rd & 1

Not but a few days ago the sun was shining on the Bombers and Bomber fans alike.

The green team was dealing with the dismissal of a very good Receiver. 

Bomber fans felt it was a disaster, a tire fire, a train wreck was happening in SK. The world was a wonderful place in Capital of Manitoba. 

Then week 10 happened and the world came crashing down. 

The Bombers didn’t look anything like the team that won the previous games. Then the dreaded Riders looked like Giant Killers. Handing Calgary their 1st loss of the season and giving Bo a few bruises along the way. Plus Collaros looked like he was finding the form he had not so long ago. 

Just now, 3RD AND 1 said:

Not but a few days ago the sun was shining on the Bombers and Bomber fans alike.

Bomber fans felt it was a disaster, a tire fire, a train wreck was happening in SK. The world was a wonderful place in Capital of Manitoba. 

The Bombers didn’t look anything like the team that won the previous games. Then the dreaded Riders looked like Giant Killers. Handing Calgary their 1st loss of the season and giving Bo a few bruises along the way. Plus Collaros looked like he was finding the form he had not so long ago. 

Planning the parade route are you? Too bad the GC isn't played in August because the Riders would win every time.  I'd think you'd want to go on CFL Horsemen to gloat but you won't as you know the Stamps will kick your ass next time at McMahon. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Planning the parade route are you? Too bad the GC isn't played in August because the Riders would win every time.  I'd think you'd want to go on CFL Horsemen to gloat but you won't as you know the Stamps will kick your ass next time at McMahon. 

Boy Bomber fans can dish it out.  I’m just stating fact. No Parades are being planned  just looking forward to the turn around

ive been here the last while chatting with Bomber fans. That’s where I got the tire fire, train wreck comments from. I was told not to hide and to make sure I came around after the games this past weekend. I said I would no matter the outcome. This outcome certainly feels better than what the opposite would have felt like.

Cant wait for Labour Day and the rematch.   

You know you named this thread "What A Difference A Week Makes". If you say that then you know things could flip on the Riders just as fast.. Another injury to Collaros. for example. Or a series of injuries where your starters go down. Or a bad loss & a great win by a rival. This is mid August. Not late October. Enjoy the win as you don't know for sure what is going to happen.

Take it easy guys. Calling people scum is going way over board. Trust me when I say there are tons of Bomber fans that fit your discription. You don’t see your own side. 

I’m not being disrespectful. We are only talking about football here. Last week I was commenting on how good the Bombers were looking. 

Since 3 Down Nation is no longer allowing comments. I drop in here and Calgary and Edmonton. None of those fans get so riled up. I don’t understand why we can’t talk about a flipping game? An entertainment. Not a right of passage. 

I agree with SpeedFlex in that next week it could all change in a hurry.  Between injuries or just bad game planning. Hell you don’t think it was hard to swallow when Montreal went into Mosaic and beat the Riders in a 3 phases of the game. I know what it’s like to be humbled. 

White Out, dude just chill. I’m not here disrespecting you or anyone else. Why are Bomber fans so hateful. There are some really good fans here that like discussing football. Then there are those that takes things to a personal level that I don’t understand. 

I have been chatting on here for over a year. Yet some fans think I only came here now. 

Truthfully I can’t wait for our back to back series. It should be some stellar football. Until then let’s just keep in mind it’s only a game. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1

1 hour ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Not but a few days ago the sun was shining on the Bombers and Bomber fans alike...

Actually we started the season without our starting QB yet have the better record. You still have the distinction of being the only team to lose to woeful Montreal. 

I actually agree with 3rd and 1's first post. It's all sunshine and lollipops after a win and after a loss the sky is falling.

Just because the Bombers looked woeful against Ottawa doesn't mean our season is all downhill. Look at Toronto last year. They pretty much sucked most of the year and turned it on the final 3rd.

We still have a chance against Calgary this week...but we need to bring our A game.

46 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Take it easy guys. Calling people scum is going way over board. Trust me when I say there are tons of Bomber fans that fit your discription. You don’t see your own side. 

I’m not being disrespectful. We are only talking about football here. Last week I was commenting on how good the Bombers were looking. 

Since 3 Down Nation is no longer allowing comments. I drop in here and Calgary and Edmonton. None of those fans get so riled up. I don’t understand why we can’t talk about a flipping game? An entertainment. Not a right of passage. 

I agree with SpeedFlex in that next week it could all change in a hurry.  Between injuries or just bad game planning. Hell you don’t think it was hard to swallow when Montreal went into Mosaic and beat the Riders in a 3 phases of the game. I know what it’s like to be humbled. 

White Out, dude just chill. I’m not here disrespecting you or anyone else. Why are Bomber fans so hateful. There are some really good fans here that like discussing football. Then there are those that takes things to a personal level that I don’t understand. 

I have been chatting on here for over a year. Yet some fans think I only came here now. 

Truthfully I can’t wait for our back to back series. It should be some stellar football. Until then let’s just keep in mind it’s only a game. 

Please don't patronize us with your comments as I know you're saying all this tongue in cheek & aren't being sincere. If you really wanted to talk football as you claim then you wouldn't have brought up that a week ago we Bomber fans were basking in the sunlight & how fast things change bullshit. You would have just come on here & talked about how well your team played without bringing the Bombers & us... the fans... into it.  Instead, you just want to rubs our collective nose in it. You say you've been here for a year posting. Well, only at the pleasure of the mods & admin. 

2 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Riders are a better team than the Bombers today mainly because they have better scouting and a coach/GM who is not afraid to challenge his players or replace a guy if he is not playing great. People here do not like Jones, but he has guts and is to be respected for the results he gets every year.

I have no problem with that because those who take risks and make changes should reap the rewards of pursuing excellence. Bomber fans may not like the Riders, but at least they always pull out all the stops to shoot for excellence, which shows both in the offseason as well as at every point during the season as they are always trying to improve. It takes guts and desire to run a franchise this way year after year, decade after decade. The team is a mirror of the pride and desire of the fan base, which is not prepared to accept anything less.

For us who follow the Bombers it is frustrating because Bombers always seem to put other priorities ahead of becoming the best in the league (such as frugal budget management and making tidy profits for the BOD). Not sure if it is because Bomber fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but for some reason, the way the Bomber franchise is being run in the last 3 decades, they just don't see the need to go much beyond that. It's unfortunate, but it looks like that's about how far the Bomber franchise will go in the near future of the current cycle before tanking again into another pitiful long rebuilding process. Then end could come sooner than some here think because Walters has not shown that he can keep good players in a competitive FA market because the guy is just not aggressive enough or smart enough to know a good deal from a bad one. Unlike last year, this year this team is going to have ALOT of turnover. I dare say that they will not handle it as well as the better run teams do, so I can see some dark times ahead.

22 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Riders are a better team than the Bombers today mainly because they have better scouting and a coach/GM who is not afraid to challenge his players or replace a guy if he is not playing great. People here do not like Jones, but he has guts and is to be respected for the results he gets every year.

I have no problem with that because those who take risks and make changes should reap the rewards of pursuing excellence. Bomber fans may not like the Riders, but at least they always pull out all the stops to shoot for excellence, which shows both in the offseason as well as at every point during the season as they are always trying to improve. It takes guts and desire to run a franchise this way year after year, decade after decade. The team is a mirror of the pride and desire of the fan base, which is not prepared to accept anything less.

For us who follow the Bombers it is frustrating because Bombers always seem to put other priorities ahead of becoming the best in the league (such as frugal budget management and making tidy profits for the BOD). Not sure if it is because Bomber fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but for some reason, the way the Bomber franchise is being run in the last 3 decades, they just don't see the need to go much beyond that. It's unfortunate, but it looks like that's about how far the Bomber franchise will go in the near future of the current cycle before tanking again into another pitiful long rebuilding process. Then end could come sooner than some here think because Walters has not shown that he can keep good players in a competitive FA market because the guy is just not aggressive enough or smart enough to know a good deal from a bad one. Unlike last year, this year this team is going to have ALOT of turnover. I dare say that they will not handle it as well as the better run teams do, so I can see some dark times ahead.

What the …?

10 hours ago, TheSource said:

Oh golly, look what I found....

61LD5sDn7eL._SY355_.jpg

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Please don't patronize us with your comments as I know you're saying all this tongue in cheek & aren't being sincere. If you really wanted to talk football as you claim then you wouldn't have brought up that a week ago we Bomber fans were basking in the sunlight & how fast things change bullshit. You would have just come on here & talked about how well your team played without bringing the Bombers & us... the fans... into it.  Instead, you just want to rubs our collective nose in it. You say you've been here for a year posting. Well, only at the pleasure of the mods & admin. 

I am not Patronizing anyone. The Bombers were playing well the previous 3 games and were on a roll. I’m treating myself but I was here chatting with Bomber fans. I’m not trying to rub anything in. What I wrote is exactly the way things were and how they ended up. I’m talking about 1 measly week. Previous to this week football attitudes were completely different. Next week it may continue or it may flip. It’s not a big deal. 

I understand now why there is so much hatred. You can’t accept that a fan can come here and have a discussion. He must be up to something because that’s what maybe you would do. Or your looking for intent in my words. I’m not doing that. let’s just talk football. I don’t hate or dispise anyone anywhere. If you ever read 3 down nation comments after articles you would see I was respected as a football fan  

13 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

You come in enemy territory you get just that, so no we don't take it easy on any enemy fans.

Having said that, should be a great two weeks of football coming up.  If I'm a ssk fan, id be nervous about Nichols finding his groove again because he has played petty well against SSK in recent years.  Only thing that might negate that is Richie Hall being bad.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Rider fans acting like douches, what a surprise. 

Sun shines on every dogs ass now and then.

Man you guys fall off the rails fast. If you gel thatcomment was anything but a football topic stating how things were and became. Then it’s your anger not mine that creates a feeling of dissrespect.