2018 Matt Nichols

The team CANNOT come out and play like they did at home last game....Any resemblance of that and you can start the countdown to another losing season....Now if we at least make it close (I know no cigar)  it'll give the fans at least some faint hope...A win and I would be ecstatic and that will surely give us some positive impetus for the rest of the year... This team had and still has a lot of talent...we are capable...It's time to bloody well show it and play lights out....

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The team CANNOT come out and play like they did at home last game....Any resemblance of that and you can start the countdown to another losing season....Now if we at least make it close (I know no cigar)  it'll give the fans at least some faint hope...A win and I would be ecstatic and that will surely give us some positive impetus for the rest of the year... This team had and still has a lot of talent...we are capable...It's time to bloody well show it and play lights out....

The question for me is how does our talent match up against the better clubs, especially at key positions? Against Calgary, for example, we don't match up all that well on offense. I also don't believe we match up well with coaches. We're in tough. Richie Hall's D schemes scare the begeeberz out of me.

46 minutes ago, J5V said:

The question for me is how does our talent match up against the better clubs, especially at key positions? Against Calgary, for example, we don't match up all that well on offense. I also don't believe we match up well with coaches. We're in tough. Richie Hall's D schemes scare the begeeberz out of me.

Calgary has a very talented group.....Quarterbacking is the key...Bo is a tough nut to crack....we have to put constant pressure on him or he'll eat us alive...Matt can be very effective IF he gets the time ...Mobility is a prob. and accuracy of late..... Offensively I think we can hang with them 'generally' if the right plays are implemented to expose their weaknesses (which aren't that many)..Edge goes to Cal.

Cowboys have some very good receivers and our cover guys better be on the top of their game..Defensively I think we match up fairly well otherwise

Special teams / saw-off....We just might have the edge IF we can get some nice returns and Meds. is his usual self 

Coaching.....with the type we've been seeing lately, we better hope we've had an epiphany 

It's going to be tough slugging to get past these guys BUT in the CFL you just never know...a break here and a break there....We'll see

Edited by Stickem

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I hate this argument. Every team has more wins against shitty teams than good ones. That's why they are shitty teams. There are only 4 teams with winning records and we are one of them.

Except we have wins only against bottom feeder teams. That's not more wins that's all of them. 

10 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

I think doing what's right would be playing through the pain to the point that you can't physically do it anymore.  Matt would have to have something broken or a tear to say he can't go.  Although I haven't been happy with his play of late, the guy is tough as hell and has come back from some pretty bad injuries over his career.  He's a warrior, there's no questioning that.

So were Custer and  Hannibal .

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Matt used to be able to do side step and the half roll, and find them throwing lanes under pressure.......now a completely stationary target, who really feels the pressure.   Not trending well. 

Re-watch that game (you don't have to... I'm sorry for even suggesting that)... Nichols side steps A LOT of pressures in that game - he's just not seeing it with his receivers right now - like a half second off

The real difference is play action... I don't see any

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Re-watch that game (you don't have to... I'm sorry for even suggesting that)... Nichols side steps A LOT of pressures in that game - he's just not seeing it with his receivers right now - like a half second off

The real difference is play action... I don't see any

Didn't see any roll outs lately.   Just does not look as poised back there.   Also Play action works much better when opponents respect your run game.   When Harris does not get 100-120 in offense, this team simnply cannot make it up with this current passing game - no intermediate game and an erratic deep game.   Which leaves short passes against DB's coming downhill, that fall short of the marker.  

23 minutes ago, do or die said:

Didn't see any roll outs lately.   Just does not look as poised back there.   Also Play action works much better when opponents respect your run game.   When Harris does not get 100-120 in offense, this team simnply cannot make it up with this current passing game - no intermediate game and an erratic deep game.   Which leaves short passes against DB's coming downhill, that fall short of the marker.  

Nichols looks clunky when he tries to roll out, have to believe the knee brace is a bigger hindrance than he's admitting.

Matt saying on OB tonight that he went through 4 and 5 reads frequently and nobody was open...Pretty much through his receivers under the bus...The panel says he should play and keep his mouth shut....(that from Milt)...This whole situation is going to cause rifts and I think the wheels are about to fall off....sad

Edited by Stickem

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Matt saying on OB tonight that he went through 4 and 5 reads frequently and nobody was open...Pretty much through his receivers under the bus...The panel says he should play and keep his mouth shut....(that from Milt)...This whole situation is going to cause rifts and I think the wheels are about to fall off....sad

And when they were open he underthrew them or bounced it at their feet. Sad indeed. If he keeps throwing everyone under the bus instead of owning up and saying he needs to play better then there is going to be a movement inside the locker room for Streveler to play. Not once have i heard him say he needs to be better in any way shape or form. Leaders take ownership.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, White Out said:

The dumbest thing we can do is to hand the keys over to a 1st year raw kid like Streveler. Even if Nichols keeps playing average/poorly, you at best split their play time. Use Streveler as a change of pace unless he totally outplays Nichols, then leave him in.

Let's not ruin another QB with our **** receivers and OC.

The same receivers which he has 8  TD passes and only two ints?

No let's leave the guy on the sidelines and use him way after the season is over.