2018 Matt Nichols

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Even though many might not agree with this, I'm going to say Lapolice is adaptable enough to turn his offense to be Streveler-centric.  I think what he needs to do more of is Demski trick plays to get attention off of Harris.  Defenses are honing in on Andrew again.

Sure he could. But he couldn't do it overnight. It would take a number of games to install.  But it ain't happening.

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sure he could. But he couldn't do it overnight. It would take a number of games to install.  But it ain't happening.

And I don't think it should yet.  I'm not ready to give up on Nichols yet anyway.  I refuse to believe he can't snap out of what ails him.  OL has to step it up a bit, and ... Well maybe someone can take Richie Hall's headset away so our defense stops digging holes for Nichols.

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

And I don't think it should yet.  I'm not ready to give up on Nichols yet anyway.  I refuse to believe he can't snap out of what ails him.  OL has to step it up a bit, and ... Well maybe someone can take Richie Hall's headset away so our defense stops digging holes for Nichols.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he needs knee surgery in the off season. 

10 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Sounds like excuses.....if he is hurt he should do what is right......

Lol wtf is this. "He should do what's right". Yes he should tell all the training staff coaches and players that he isnt 100% so he wont be playing and let a pure rookie qb take over for the year...that will earn him tons of respect from the team. Lol.

I think doing what's right would be playing through the pain to the point that you can't physically do it anymore.  Matt would have to have something broken or a tear to say he can't go.  Although I haven't been happy with his play of late, the guy is tough as hell and has come back from some pretty bad injuries over his career.  He's a warrior, there's no questioning that.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he needs knee surgery in the off season. 

lots of thoughts on this. If he is hurt and that reflects in his performance than maybe he should not be in. However if he gives us the best chance to win (hurt an all) then we have to play him. However in no way can he or MOS use the hurt excuse for losing. I really think the next 3 games will be MOS and teams Rubicon. If they go 0-3 then there is big trouble in Bomberland. If they even go 1-2 I see problems. Only a 2-1 or by some form of miracle 3-0 will avoid major issues going forward at least IMHO.

4 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I think doing what's right would be playing through the pain to the point that you can't physically do it anymore.  

Even if it costs the Bombers a win ?...... to me it just doesn't sound very smart when you have a new QB on the bench who appears to have a ton of upside.  

Plus what if matt injured himself further, like to the point of ending his career. 

48 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Even if it costs the Bombers a win ?...... to me it just doesn't sound very smart when you have a new QB on the bench who appears to have a ton of upside.  

Plus what if matt injured himself further, like to the point of ending his career. 

No... if it becomes obviously that he's playing in pain, I would hope that the coaching/training staff would step in and voice their opinions.  No one wants to see a guy get hurt, but players play through pain all the time.   Nichols is going to push it to the max knowing full well his job is on the line.

56 minutes ago, BBRT said:

lots of thoughts on this. If he is hurt and that reflects in his performance than maybe he should not be in. However if he gives us the best chance to win (hurt an all) then we have to play him. However in no way can he or MOS use the hurt excuse for losing. I really think the next 3 games will be MOS and teams Rubicon. If they go 0-3 then there is big trouble in Bomberland. If they even go 1-2 I see problems. Only a 2-1 or by some form of miracle 3-0 will avoid major issues going forward at least IMHO.

I agree 100%.

And in less than 1 hour it is going to be GO TIME.

Should be very interesting.

Now I would really love to see Bombers pull off the miracle and win this game. Above all, if they did that and proved me wrong I would be ecstatic.

However, if they are going to lose at this stage I will be pulling for them to get absolutely destroyed in this game as well as the next two or three.

In terms of the long term progression of the team, I don't think it does any good to remain mediocre forever while fooling everyone into thinking about false greatness. If they are not to be considered among the teams that are good, then lets get it over with quick so the house cleaning of Miller, Walters, and OShea can start sooner.