2018 Matt Nichols

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Wasn't Bishop 12 - 0 one season with Toronto?  

wasnt crandell 8-10 as the starter for calgary in 2001? Whats Tim tebows record in the nfl? We should re sign dieter brock. He has waaay more wins then any qb we have on the roster. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler 1-2 this year, Nichols is what? 4-2? This isn't even a question. 

Win-Loss isn't always directly correlated to QB play. Look at 2014. Drew Willy got credit for 5 wins in the first 6 games that year when it was actually defence and special teams that won those games for Winnipeg.

People bought Drew Willy jerseys, despite the fact his play was actually pretty shaky. The Bombers then proceeded to lose the next 10 games out of 12.

Those losses obviously weren't attributed to Willy either since Walters and MOS kept trotting out a futile and soul sucking Drew Willy as starter for another painful year and a half.

Personally, I'd prefer to take entertainment value as the criteria for deciding which QB should play. Based on that, I bet most fans would take Streveler over Nichols. That's why they booed the decision to pull Streveler in the Redblacks game. Compared to Nichols, Streveler moved the ball, was fun to watch. Brought hope.

Edited by Doublezero

Anyone who thinks Streveler gives this team a better chance of winning compared to Nichols really isn't paying attention. Nichols wasn't the problem  against ottawa, that would be the run game getting taken away. Nichols or Streveler, it doesn't matter. If lapo can't lean on Andrew Harris this offense isn't going to work very well, especially with lankford in place of dressler.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Anyone who thinks Streveler gives this team a better chance of winning compared to Nichols really isn't paying attention. Nichols wasn't the problem  against ottawa, that would be the run game getting taken away. Nichols or Streveler, it doesn't matter. If lapo can't lean on Andrew Harris this offense isn't going to work very well, especially with lankford in place of dressler.

He's not the only problem but he has also been terrible so do what you like with that.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It wasn't Harris.. it was a shitty defense and Nichols making terrible decisions. He had open guys and time to throw...he choose to throw into double coverage and/or waiting way to long to make the throw.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Based on your logic, the O is easy to defend and can expect very little success going forward. 

9 hours ago, Stickem said:

Hey first of all do I call your postings bull$hit  .. well after reading your reply I'm going to start..'Gives the starter extra rope'...What the hell kind of coaching is that....So I'm admitting as a coach he's going to fail...so I let him hang and hang himself  at the expense of the rest of the club....Sure glad you're not running the show...That kind of archaic thinking belongs in file 13...

If we see a repeat performance like Nichols was giving us last game...(the supposed leader of this team) AND we refuse to put in a replacement who is more than able, then that says a lot about the coaching on this club...The boos that we heard will really start getting loud, you can put your money on that, and those boos should be shared equally between a bad performance and a bad coach.....Hopefully we've learned a bit from that last game AND we give Cal. a bloody good scare or actually win it, then a lot of this will go away....Another showing like we had against Ottawa and you better get out the ear plugs.

Its CFL coaching 101. The same crap you say about MOS can be said about Dickenson Maas Buono etc... 

Those guys don't get taken out ever. Has Glenn even taken a snap this year? Has the Calgary backup? Besides the game where BLM got hurt? 

You are living in a stone age because the starters all get a ton of rope.. The Vet QBs especially..

I like Streveler but hes a rookie in year 1 still learning.. You put him out there now hes another Randall Dinwiddie Elliot Goltz Brink Etc etc etc... You be patient and let him truly develop and he could be our BLM or Riley. A long term solution. Problem here is fans are impatient especially with the QB position which is odd considering how many different superstar backups we've had over the last 20 years here.. I like Streveler.. Hes got potential.. But all this stuff was said about all the other guys who are greeting ppl at Walmart now also. 

5 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Man Ripper, you may be green but you know what you're talking about. Anyone else know why LaPo suddenly decided to stop running their hurry-up offense? It worked really well last year and they started to shy away from it after the defense started taking "injuries" in the Banjo Bowl.

The riders may have been first but someone was going to shut it down. A gimmick is a gimmick. No substitute for solid game calling

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If the run game gets taken away then is it not on the QB to start finding somebody open and throwing them the ball ?

You unfamiliar with Lapo and how much trouble 2nd and long gives his offenses? Get in 2nd and medium or short and it's deadly but no first down production kills it, as it does the entire CFL really.

Edited by 17to85

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

The riders may have been first but someone was going to shut it down. A gimmick is a gimmick. No substitute for solid game calling

I respectfully disagree, it exhibits poor sportsmanship. In defense of the CFL though, there isn't anything that they can really do about it, penalizing players for taking injuries would be a slippery slope and a path that they certainly can't go down. It's a shame too, because I thought last year that was when Nichols was at his best - running the hurry-up.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Especially when the Defensive plan is take a knee if they start driving on the hurry up.

Happens all the time in football.  I've seen the Bombers do it.  Was that the only play you had on offense, hurry up.  I would hope the OC can think of some other plays that might work

15 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Happens all the time in football.  I've seen the Bombers do it.  Was that the only play you had on offense, hurry up.  I would hope the OC can think of some other plays that might work

I'm not saying it doesnt. I'm saying it's a cowardly way to play. Hurry up, isnt one play either. And you saw the OC play calling in the banjo bowl.

Edited by Bigblue204

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Its CFL coaching 101. The same crap you say about MOS can be said about Dickenson Maas Buono etc... 

Those guys don't get taken out ever. Has Glenn even taken a snap this year? Has the Calgary backup? Besides the game where BLM got hurt? 

You are living in a stone age because the starters all get a ton of rope.. The Vet QBs especially..

I like Streveler but hes a rookie in year 1 still learning.. You put him out there now hes another Randall Dinwiddie Elliot Goltz Brink Etc etc etc... You be patient and let him truly develop and he could be our BLM or Riley. A long term solution. Problem here is fans are impatient especially with the QB position which is odd considering how many different superstar backups we've had over the last 20 years here.. I like Streveler.. Hes got potential.. But all this stuff was said about all the other guys who are greeting ppl at Walmart now also. 

Firstly Dickenson has not removed Bo...cuz he didn't have to ...Maas didn't remove Riley because he didn't have to....They didn't have to because those teams haven't experienced the same poor play as our quarterback has shown...And that's where we differ...You seem to think that Nichols is not to blame for any of the Bomber losses when in fact he's not been the same qb. of last year...Tell you what IF Matt has a stellar performance against the stamps tomorrow and has a respectable outing, I'll admit I'm off base....IF he doesn't and looks the same as the Ottawa game then you won't have to admit that changing qbs. was the proper move to make or not, because it won't just be me asking for a change ...In that event Streveler MIGHT get some playing time 

Edited by Stickem

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Firstly Dickenson has not removed Bo...cuz he didn't have to ...Maas didn't remove Riley because he didn't have to....They didn't have to because those teams haven't experienced the same poor play as our quarterback has shown...And that's where we differ...You seem to think that Nichols is not to blame for any of the Bomber losses when in fact he's not been the same qb. of last year...Tell you what IF Matt has a stellar performance against the stamps tomorrow and has a respectable outing, I'll admit I'm off base....IF he doesn't and looks the same as the Ottawa game then you won't have to admit that maybe you were off base because there will be more than myself seeing that was the proper move to make.. In that event Streveler MIGHT get some playing time 

Yes, every QB has been amazing but Nichols. BLM and Reilly have been lights out all season. /s

Nichols missed training camp and three games this season. He's not at level he was at last year but why would you expect him to be yet?? He needs reps too. 

MOS knows this team, he knows his players, and he probably sees the value in keeping him out there.

I would have left Streveler in to finish the game last week but I'm not around these guys. I'm not watching the film. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Firstly Dickenson has not removed Bo...cuz he didn't have to ...Maas didn't remove Riley because he didn't have to....They didn't have to because those teams haven't experienced the same poor play as our quarterback has shown...And that's where we differ...You seem to think that Nichols is not to blame for any of the Bomber losses when in fact he's not been the same qb. of last year...Tell you what IF Matt has a stellar performance against the stamps tomorrow and has a respectable outing, I'll admit I'm off base....IF he doesn't and looks the same as the Ottawa game then you won't have to admit that changing qbs. was the proper move to make or not, because it won't just be me asking for a change ...In that event Streveler MIGHT get some playing time 

I'd like to invite you to watch the OTT vs CGY game from earlier this year. 

48 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd like to invite you to watch the OTT vs CGY game from earlier this year. 

Not that interested in what other teams do with their qbs.....maybe your friend goalie would be though as he seems to think there's a need...Other than both of those clubs have better records than us....what's your point 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Firstly Dickenson has not removed Bo...cuz he didn't have to ...Maas didn't remove Riley because he didn't have to....They didn't have to because those teams haven't experienced the same poor play as our quarterback has shown...

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Not that interested in what other teams do with their qbs....

I'm confused. 

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm confused. 

…..Don't be....Goalie is the one who brought up the qb.s from other clubs...not this guy...Does that alleviate your confusion...I was merely commenting on his take on other gm's and their qb's and I'm still not interested in their internal ops.….capish

Edited by Stickem