2018 Matt Nichols

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nichols said after the bye week that he was 100% healthy, if he lied about his health to rush back in than that is an issue as well.  From his previous experience with Jones in Edm. I'm sure he's been left with all sorts of mental scarring after being replaced and discarded.

Going on a limb here, but I'd suggest that he didn't come off the 6 game until he had medical clearance to do so.  If that's the case, the medical staff had to sign off on him coming back, so a lie about his health would only take him so far.  I'm also confident that the medical staff would expect that he'd say he's ready before he actually was.  Healthy might not be exactly the same thing as game ready.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Couple things.  Was making a comparison, if Durant doesn't suit your fancy then just use Reilly who I also mentioned.  Secondly, I am well aware of what board I am on.  Sometimes you guys are so closed minded, its hard to have a simple conversation about football.  

kinda funny...pot...meet kettle

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Imagine going to the rider board and mentioning Bomber players or ex bomber players in any of their threads lol...

I think most people wouldn't have a problem with it was relevant to what was being discussed.  However I do see some of our fans lash out at opposition fans in the same manner.  I kind of get it, but think it takes away from the discussion

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I think most people wouldn't have a problem with it was relevant to what was being discussed.  However I do see some of our fans lash out at opposition fans in the same manner.  I kind of get it, but think it takes away from the discussion

I wasn't lashing out, I just didn't think anyone here wanted to be reminded of Durant in any way.  Never mind he is an ex rider.

I'll gladly have a chat with anyone who is a fan of CFL football.  most rational Bomber fans I would think are much the same.  I don't have much time for the poser football "elitists" who trash on the CFL and think they're above watching it because 'I'm an NFL fan' .   Good for you... I don't mind the NFL either, but it doesn't mean I try and pretend I'm above watching the Canadian game!

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Couple things.  Was making a comparison, if Durant doesn't suit your fancy then just use Reilly who I also mentioned.  Secondly, I am well aware of what board I am on.  Sometimes you guys are so closed minded, its hard to have a simple conversation about football.  

Coming off a blowout loss at home what did you expect? 

25 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Coming off a blowout loss at home what did you expect? 

I would expect the fans to be sensitive to people taking shots at the team.  I did not do that. If you are not capable of discussing football for a week because your team lost, step away from the key board

32 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I wasn't lashing out, I just didn't think anyone here wanted to be reminded of Durant in any way.  Never mind he is an ex rider.

Durant not coming to the Bombers is the best thing that ever happened to you guys.  You should be happy. I wish we could just write a cheque for 70k and have a backup qb show up. Schreveler could have easily slid through the cracks

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I would expect the fans to be sensitive to people taking shots at the team.  I did not do that. If you are not capable of discussing football for a week because your team lost, step away from the key board

lol, in case you haven't noticed, there's a pack of 12 years old running around here who have no interest in talking football. 

5 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

Yet, when Streveler went in, it seemed the offence had a little jump in their step.

Same thing happened in one of the early games this season. O was struggling, Streveler went in, (forget why) team got fired up, then Nichols went back in and did well.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Same thing happened in one of the early games this season. O was struggling, Streveler went in, (forget why) team got fired up, then Nichols went back in and did well.

I think Strevelers mobility and willing to throw while running hard is partly what makes everyone look more fired up when he is successful.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Durant not coming to the Bombers is the best thing that ever happened to you guys.  You should be happy. I wish we could just write a cheque for 70k and have a backup qb show up. Schreveler could have easily slid through the cracks

Durant not showing was pure serendipity. 

Streveler wasnt likely to fall through the cracks, he had NFL camp invites but came here because we offered him a contract. The guys raw tools are off the charts. Led an offense with zero turn overs for a year and change. A guy like him would have bounced around TCs and PRs for a couple years before falling back down to the cfl then possibly through the cracks. If we had durant, and nichols, streveler wouldnt have fallen out. Our franchise wastes no time in spitting out QBs who dont have what we look for. So a guy WITH the tools we want is gonna stick. 

Heard Nichols' interview from today after practice and he was asked about the boos and his post-game comments. His response was along the lines of "i didnt really mean it, ive been booed before, i dont know why it got so blown out of proportion". A little bit of backtracking. He sure sounded like he meant it at the time.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

31 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Heard Nichols' interview from today after practice and he was asked about the boos and his post-game comments. His response was along the lines of "i didnt really mean it, ive been booed before, i dont know why it got so blown out of proportion". A little bit of backtracking. He sure sounded like he meant it at the time.

Guy is human...took it personally. To me it means he cares and wants to be his best. So what? I agree this was blown out of proportion cause most fans were booing cause they wanted to see more of Streveler and were disappointed in MOS decision when the game was out of hand. We all know Nichols is our No.1 .The backup Qb is always the favourite when the game is a blowout. Nothing new here.

Edited by bb1

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Bombers have to play all four quarters?

You do bring up a good point. I really am hard pressed to remember when the Bombers actually played a complete 4 quarter game. Seems there always was 1 or 2 quarters where they really did not do much. Can anyone remember when you could say that they played a great 4 quarter game etc.? Maybe back in the Dave Richie or Cal Murphy days?

52 minutes ago, BBRT said:

You do bring up a good point. I really am hard pressed to remember when the Bombers actually played a complete 4 quarter game. Seems there always was 1 or 2 quarters where they really did not do much. Can anyone remember when you could say that they played a great 4 quarter game etc.? Maybe back in the Dave Richie or Cal Murphy days?

It is back to the Dave Richie years for sure.

Plenty of games during Cal's tenure as well.

Since then it has been very inconsistent.

Chances of it happening this weekend are between 0% and 1.0E-06%.

I'll stop short of calling this weeks game a guaranteed loss, but it is going to be pretty close to that.

It will be a miracle if they don't get the boots put to them good by Calgary and manage a respectable loss.

Edited by TheSource