2018 Matt Nichols

33 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The evidence is right there for everyone to see, first in the run next to last in the pass, even TO has more passing yards than the Bombers. It's no illusion, you can blame Lapo but he's been around long enough to know what is and isn't going to work. You can't have a great passing attack if you don't have the horses to run it. 

Totally fair. Nichols had a rough preseason and didn't even show up for the first three games of the year. If he had, then maybe the offence would be clicking better. All Nichols fault. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Totally fair. Nichols had a rough preseason and didn't even show up for the first three games of the year. If he had, then maybe the offence would be clicking better. All Nichols fault. 

I don't blame Nichols at all.

Last year he had Adams, Denmark, Dressler and Smith plus Kohlert and Guidino. 

This year's bunch doesn't compare. 

Just now, pigseye said:

This year’s group is lightyears better but nice try. Also smith and kohlert both weren’t here last year. Also Denmark, JFG and Kohlert largely suck. Lots wrong here. 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

No, it's totally his fault. If he can't be bothered to play in preseason and the first three games, then how is this team going to get into rhythm?! I mean, it's like missing all that time has caused the everything to be delayed. 

And, those three straight wins? Nothing. This team is terrible, just like you said.

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

This year’s group is lightyears better but nice try. Also smith and kohlert both weren’t here last year. Also Denmark, JFG and Kohlert largely suck. Lots wrong here. 

Correct, but only on your time line. The talent has clearly dropped off, I don't know what scale you are using to establish light years better, did you just make it up? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No, it's totally his fault. If he can't be bothered to play in preseason and the first three games, then how is this team going to get into rhythm?! I mean, it's like missing all that time has caused the everything to be delayed. 

And, those three straight wins? Nothing. This team is terrible, just like you said.

Okay then, you must be right. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Correct, but only on your time line. The talent has clearly dropped off, I don't know what scale you are using to establish light years better, did you just make it up? 

The new starters are Demski, Wolitarsky and Thompkins. I don’t have time to go to the stats but Denmark’s receiving numbers last year were abysmal. If you don’t think Thompkins at this point in time is better than last year’s Denmark, I don’t know what to tell you. JFG was fine at best but while I’m not the biggest Demski fan, his production this year has already almost matched JFG’s from last year in a third of the season. 

15 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Correct, but only on your time line. The talent has clearly dropped off,

Do you have any thoughts you'd like to share to back this comment up? Two of the players you noted weren't here last season. Two are still here. Denmark averaged 33 yds/gm and JFG and Wolitarsky are more or less a saw off. Where is this big drop off coming from?

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

How come nobody is being labeled a troll for these anti-Matt postings?...(jk kinda) lol

because we got spanked. If we win, then clearly production in all positions was good enough to win and doesnt need to change. And when we lose, or especially if we get spanked its a 5 alarm fire. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nichols, no doubt. Nicked up and rusty from the shut down right after TC. BLM, I think the luster is just finally coming off the long time reigning regular season champs. 

Well that and a massive shoulder injury... no?

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

The new starters are Demski, Wolitarsky and Thompkins. I don’t have time to go to the stats but Denmark’s receiving numbers last year were abysmal. If you don’t think Thompkins at this point in time is better than last year’s Denmark, I don’t know what to tell you. JFG was fine at best but while I’m not the biggest Demski fan, his production this year has already almost matched JFG’s from last year in a third of the season. 

Sorry, I meant international receivers, we were supposed to be starting Adams, Bowman & Dressler were we not? Now we are down to Adams, Thompkins & Lankford.

Yes I would take just about any of the guys who left in the LAST TWO YEARS over what we have now for INTERNATIONAL RECEIVERS. 

7 hours ago, pigseye said:

I feel for Matt Nichols, he didn't deserve the boo's, Winnipeg really does have some of the most classless people I know, probably even worse than Philly. 

If you want to show disapproval for the club, stay home and boo from your couch, an empty stadium will get you more results.

Having said that, Matt Nichols is the best QB we've had here in some time but, he can't do it on his own. The supporting cast around him is still too weak and that goes for coaches as well as players. 

Fans do stay away to the tune if 6-7,000 a game with all kinds of excuses for doing so. 

I have no problem with Matt Nichols as our starting qb as he's the best we've had since Kevin Glenn in 2011.  He needs help from everybody on the offense from LaPo  to the offensive line. He also needs MOS to stop butting in & playing the qb carousel game at times. His actions started this whole thing plus his words of, "He gives us the best chance to win" when down by a bunch of points with 2 mins left. MOS was the problem. Not Nichols. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

You have to start somewhere. We either complain about retreads or too many rookies. Can’t have it both ways. 

He was complaining about scouting earlier. Now, when a talent is scouted and brought it, "he doesn't have any experience". 

You realize that he will say absolutely anything to fit his narrative. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no problem with Matt Nichols as our starting qb as he's the best we've had since Kevin Glenn in 2011.  He needs help from everybody on the offense from LaPo  to the offensive line. He also needs MOS to stop butting in & playing the qb carousel game at times. His actions started this whole thing plus his words of, "He gives us the best chance to win" when down by a bunch of points with 2 mins left. MOS was the problem. Not Nichols. 

You neglected to mention the pathetic effort from the defensive part of the team. As much as Nichols was not as good as he ought to have been, if he was on the field longer, that may have altered the outcome, even if the Bombers still lost. And it is not for nothing that the coaches will be blamed.

I’m anxiously awaiting who will get 1st string activity at receiver in tomorrow’s practice. Corey, can you hear me? 

Better yet..Mike, can you hear us?

Don’t read this if you’re not Ed Tait -(This is a private message for Ed Tait -  Ed, get in O’Shea’s ear about Lankford will ya. He should be the last option for a starter’s position.Thats all)