Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

13 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Does anyone here actually think that Johnny M is going to light up the CFL?

Why not?

I just hope he doesn't run backwards fifteen yards from his line, cause this is not college football, and that will not work.

14 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Why not?

I just hope he doesn't run backwards fifteen yards from his line, cause this is not college football, and that will not work.

Idk. It's been 3 years since hes played any meaningful football. 5 if you dont include his 2 years in the NFL where he didnt show very much. 

I really think the only reason he gets the Hype is because he was a first round pick and a Heisman winner. Had he been any further down he likely doesnt get this much hype. I think hes going to be another NFL gone CFL bust. 

52 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Idk. It's been 3 years since hes played any meaningful football. 5 if you dont include his 2 years in the NFL where he didnt show very much. 

I really think the only reason he gets the Hype is because he was a first round pick and a Heisman winner. Had he been any further down he likely doesnt get this much hype. I think hes going to be another NFL gone CFL bust. 

I actually hope he does well here that might influence other elite football athletes on the bubble of cracking a starting NFL roster to think a bit more seriously about starting/having a pro career in the CFL instead of sitting on a practice roster in the NFL. I know the salary thing but one can dream.

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm expecting the Als to cut Willy? 

Vernon Adams may have saved his job ... temporarily.  He won't be there next year though, and it might not be long until they bring back Tanner Marsh.

Edited by USABomberfan

On 2018-08-02 at 2:47 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

#nailedit

3 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

#nailedit

For all the questions about Manziel and his personal conduct, considering the steaming pile of mess in Montreal, he did show some raw talent. He can scramble and has a pretty good arm but the question whether he can adapt to the CFL and thrive is still unresolved. No question the season is lost to the Larks, so they have to decide how to manage their quarterbacks' game time to their best advantage. And BTW, Willy is a dead man walking.

Man, who could the Als hire to rebuild after they fire Reed?  Who would want the job given the way they've burned their seed corn?

Tom Higgins and Jim Barker are the only names to come to mind, and you gotta wonder what kind of baggage Higgins has in Montreal.

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Man, who could the Als hire to rebuild after they fire Reed?  Who would want the job given the way they've burned their seed corn?

Tom Higgins and Jim Barker are the only names to come to mind, and you gotta wonder what kind of baggage Higgins has in Montreal.

Much as I detest him, I would think Tillman would be the best choice, but he is not available. I respect Higgins and I think he and Popp butted heads when Higgins fired an assistant coach for showing up to meetings drunk and drinking, and the players were still grieving Trestman so were not open to doing things Higgins' way.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I predict Wally Buono.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I predict Wally Buono.

Not sure why this is funny.

It makes sense. 

also,  Kent Austin. Danny Barrett. Macioca.

or a Canadian College coach. Blake Nill? probably zero chance of that happening.😆

just looked at Blake's wiki.... he's won a lot of championships.

wonder where Khari will go if this  doesn't turn around soon.

What a complete mess.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Not sure why this is funny. It makes sense. 

also,  Kent Austin. Danny Barrett. Macioca.or a Canadian College coach. Blake Nill? probably zero chance of that happening.😆

just looked at Blake's wiki.... he's won a lot of championships.

wonder where Khari will go if this  doesn't turn around soon.

What a complete mess.

Khari did himself no favours by signing onto a sinking ship, and his career may be permanently derailed as a result. I don't know if Wally Buono has enough fire in his belly for an overhaul of this nature, Kent Austin and Danny Barrett have burned a lot of bridges, but would Maccocia want to leave a comfy, secure job for the chaos in Montreal?