Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The Jets will have nearly every team contacting them for a trade.  The Jets will definitely get some good value back  when they make the trade. 

I'm just curious if they go for high draft pick or two depth guys and mid range pick?

The only problem with that is, yes jets can trade him anywhere they want. But acquiring teams see two contract issues and won’t give up the farm for a guy with one year contract and one year RFA

they will want to talk to him about an extension. And if trouba has a short list it limits the jets leverage. 

But chewy has done well in past trades 

I was hoping that the Tanev deal would be longer than 1 year.   I like his energy.   Hopefully they will re-up him for a longer term.   Looks like both sides went short term to avoid arbitration and maintain some good will.

Trouba is likely going to be traded as soon as a decent deal can be arranged.   I think that he has used up all of his chances here.   Good player, but after the hold out and now arbitration, I don't think he is in the teams good graces, and this team is built on character and chemistry, so I don't see a spot for him. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nope, not good enough.  Tanev is much better right now.  Lemieux has upside but he has to start putting it together really soon.  Tanev is a solid hockey player.

Fair enough.  I'm not sure I agree that Tanev is much better...  He has more experience at the NHL level and Maurice seems to love him, but he is, IMO, a pretty limited player.  I'm also not sure Lemieux hasn't started 'putting it together'.  He had 43 points in 51 games last year, up from 19 in 61, the year before.  Obviously, stats don't tell the whole story, but that's a nice move in his 2nd year.  I went to a couple of Moose games last year, and he stood out, in a good way.  Haven't seen him enough to know how he is defensively or on the PK, but I'd like to see him get a shot.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

25-year-old Tucker Poolman has agreed to terms on a three-year deal on Tuesday afternoon worth $775,000.

According to a source, Poolman will be paid $650,000 in salary this season, $825,000 in 2019-20 and $850,000 in 2020-21.

That seems like a very reasonable deal.

That Poolman deal is a huge bargain. They got about 11 million left for Josh and the 4 other RFAs (Comrie Lipon Kerdiles and hmm somebody ) 

Hopefully they sign 44 Long Term. 

I say 11 cuz potentially 3.7 in bonuses to be paid out. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Jets have also agreed to terms with F Marko Dano on a one-year deal worth $800,000. No more arbitration hearings scheduled for the Jets

Meh...Dano is a Burmistov who can hit..no offensive upside that i have seen. Would of rather kept Armia...

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎19 at 9:33 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Only good thing about it is that you can properly see the shoulder crest. Why they have a blue edged logo on a blue background is ugh.

Over all it's a fail cause there are too many red, white, blue unis in the NHL now.

Like someone said, why are there so many blue uni's in Canada?

There's 30 teams & only so many colours to go around. So, red, white & blue is fine with me. The design  doesn't remind me of a throwback on the home jersey.  If they did something better with the shoulders on both jerseys & gave the concepts red pants I'd be a bit more excited. Our home & away uniforms are kinda boring.  The conceptual home uniform is more of the same.