Around The NHL 2018/2019

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It happened around 8. It was about an hour. Its gonna come out soon that like the last time there were no negotiations going on. 

I wonder if the Jets would choose 1 or 2 years.   The idea of 1 year would be to add leverage to a trade.  But other teams will want to speak with the player first to ensure he'd sign.  Its possible the agent's strategy is to not sign with anyone (unless the coincidence of a trade to the team he wants happened) and go to free agency.  He could put the word out that Trouba will not sign with anyone, hamstringing the Jets' ability to trade him.

In that case, Jets might choose 2 years to maximize what they get out of him.  They might have to trade him at the deadline to get maximum benefit (a team acquiring at the deadline would be more focused on short term success).

1 likely. I'd imagine hes traded b4 the season tho. I think hes willing to sign here.. But im not convinced the Jets will give him 7 million a year to do it. Jets want him at a fair price.. Like 5.5 to 6.5 long term. 7 is 2 high tho. Yeah its only 500k but in a cap world and CBA world where Trouba is an RFA meaning he has no rights really.. Play or sit pretty much, why would Jets bend over for him. Wonder how much this is Trouba and how much its his agent who has a long history of this. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

From a bystanders point of view this looks good for Caryk. I'm telling you guys she's innocent!

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wonder if the Jets would choose 1 or 2 years. 

If Jets win obviously 1 year for Trouba.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

In a nutshell for non-WFP peeps they have up to 48hrs to make a deal to avoid arbitration HOWEVER a quick arbitration ruling would negate that.

No one thinks that Chevy is playing hardball as well...?  $4 million is a low offer but no one freaked out

My prediction:  It goes to arbitration, gets settled and then Chevy offers a million more a year for a long term deal