Around The NHL 2018/2019

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

Every year I keep waiting for Dano to figure it out, it hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year either, hope he has a comfy chair in the pb.

The Jets always feared he'd be picked up on waivers if sent down. I don't think they care now. Not much room on the Jets for him. Best of luck to him.

7 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Jets always feared he'd be picked up on waivers if sent down. I don't think they care now. Not much room on the Jets for him. Best of luck to him.

They wouldn't have signed him if they were gonna send him down. Hes pressbox material. Likely an open wing spot also. Dano could be a good player. 

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't imagine Petan commanding really anything?

Yeah, the only remaining contract of significance is Josh.  And it will be interesting if they go 8 years or a bridge.  I could almost see them going 3 years (unless that makes him a UFA, I cant remember).  But Buff has three years left on his big deal so bridging Josh til then frees up some money and puts off the decision but then you're likely paying him, assuming he continues to progress and play at a high level, big money then.  But you also have a shot at keeping him for over a decade.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dano will get more opportunity now with Armia and others gone.

As per article " Paul Stastny, Joel Armia, Matt Hendricks and Shawn Matthias "

Well he's not a center so Stastny/Hendricks position is out.

Armia will be replaced by Roslo and Matthias...well the backup goalie took his place.

Maybe there's an opening on the 4th line RW.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

As per article " Paul Stastny, Joel Armia, Matt Hendricks and Shawn Matthias "

Well he's not a center so Stastny/Hendricks position is out.

Armia will be replaced by Roslo and Matthias...well the backup goalie took his place.

Maybe there's an opening on the 4th line RW.

Umm. 

Matthias is gone. 

Connor Scheif Wheeler

Laine Roslo Ehlers 

Perreault Little ?? 

Tanev Lowry Copp. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Umm. 

Matthias is gone. 

Connor Scheif Wheeler

Laine Roslo Ehlers 

Perreault Little ?? 

Tanev Lowry Copp. 

Where did Matthias go again? I think the news flew over of my head

Edited by iHeart

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You're making Roslo 2nd line center? Too soon. Perreault/Lowry/Roslo.

You dont pay attention. 

27 28 29 will be a line. 

28 is Roslos new number

2nd line center? You know that Maurice doesnt look at it like that tho right? Only fans do. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ideally 

Laine Scheif Wheeler cuz why not 

Perreault Little Ehlers - really good together last year

Connor Roslo ?? CR has insane chemistry 

Tanev Lowry Copp - why would anyone wanna break up the best shutdown line around

I like those line combos...and if we are a little thin still at center we probably rent a center at the trade deadline like last year. I think Roslo is gonna break out this year...Vesalainin(sp?) with Roslo and Connor might work...😀

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Vesa will definitely get every chance to make the team.

And Roslo might have some growing pains at 2C but nows the time to give it a shot and try it out.  As Goalie said, its more of a 3 line thing and Little will still get plenty of minutes.

If I was Roslo I'd sign up for the Gary Roberts plan and train with Scheif all summer.  Follow that same path.  I don't know why more players don't.