Morrissey-Pesce

Chiarot-Buff

Beaulieu-Niku

Morrow-Pionk

Stanley-Poolman

That is a lot better...

Would have to throw Pionk to CAR.

Hey Carolina, you know Pionk is just as good as Trouba :D

Well we need a top 4 D somehow.  Let's say Connor, Laine, and Copp sign for 19 million combined.  Then we've got about 4 million left to sign 3 players to fill out the roster.... you're not finding a top 4 D in free agency with that money.

The only ways we can feasibly free up money is to trade Perreault, Ehlers, Lowry, or Kulikov. I believe Bryan Little has a no-move clause. I don't think there is a market for Kulikov and that leaves another hole in your defence anyways because he can at least play in your top 6 D. So you're trying to move Perreault on a not-great contract or shipping out one of your young homegrown players in Ehlers or Lowry.

Or maybe Logan Stanley can play in the second pairing and solve all our problems, right?

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Well we need a top 4 D somehow.  Let's say Connor, Laine, and Copp sign for 19 million combined.  Then we've got about 4 million left to sign 3 players to fill out the roster.... you're not finding a top 4 D in free agency with that money.

The only ways we can feasibly free up money is to trade Perreault, Ehlers, Lowry, or Kulikov. I believe Bryan Little has a no-move clause. I don't think there is a market for Kulikov and that leaves another hole in your defence anyways because he can at least play in your top 6 D. So you're trying to move Perreault on a not-great contract or shipping out one of your young homegrown players in Ehlers or Lowry.

Or maybe Logan Stanley can play in the second pairing and solve all our problems, right?

Given how our roster looks and the inbalance between D and O, I'd seriously consider an Ehlers for Pesce swap.

19 hours ago, Atomic said:

What is Keaton Ellerby doing these days?

On 2019-07-03 at 2:16 PM, Floyd said:

Columbus must be more boring than Winnipeg...

Small market teams are always going to have a fight to keep their talent with all of the 'big money' and so called 'action'places vying for their services....It's a fact of life in professional sports of today....and one day, if it continues unabated, will be it's undoing

• 4 weeks later...
  • Rich locked this topic