Friday: Masoli vs, Streveler, Timmis vs. Harris, Banks vs. Demski

BigBlue

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎25 at 2:24 PM, Mike said:

Gaitor out is honestly addition by subtraction if you ask me 

It absolutely is. He's better than Carmicheal or Macho Harris, but he's still by far the weakest link we have back there. The only positive thing is, he's just a placeholder until Leggett is fully healthy regardless.

I'm not in love with a guy who makes 5 tackles as a DB. I'd rather see him make 0.

The statistics for Gaitor in week 1 were awful. I don't have them in front of me right now but Reilly completed every pass he threw in Gaitor's direction (I think it was eight) and essentially picked on him all night. Not to mention the PI. Got picked on (as best as MTL could) by Willy too, Willy just sucks.

I do like the fact that he had a pick, but if we're going to **** on Duron Carter for getting a pick that wasn't really because he made a good play, then I'm not going to sit here and say that Gaitor is awesome when that's all that happened to me. Picks are great but I'm not giving a guy more credit than is deserved for a look what I found play.

Given we kept 3 DB's on the PR I would like to see some experimental testing to see what these thoroughbreds can do ... the staff saw something in each so lets take a peak and give them a chance to prove themselves as budding stars:

On passing downs move Leggett into  Santos Knox spot and the DI to DB

Edited by BigBlue

In hindsight last game was not much of a test for the Bomber defense, but this week the performance of the defense is what is going to determine whether they can keep it close or even win. Last week they still gave up a few explosion plays, but the rest of the Montreal O is so terrible, even with those plays Montreal was going nowhere. This week if they give up explosion plays to Banks and Timmis, they will not win, so they need to be better in that regard to have a chance in my opinion.

Streveler will have ups and downs, and I would not be disappointed or surprised if he has a little more trouble moving the ball this week. The Hamilton D is good, but in general I am not that worried about the offence - I think on most days with either Nichols or Streveler they will score enough points to win a game if the team has solid defense, and I do not think this game will be an exception to that.

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't be so concerned with Timmins...one game doesnt make a guy a concernabele threat.. yet...most likely caught edm off guard and they have a tendency to get gouged up the gut like that

Didn't he get some playing time last year as well?

4 hours ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't be so concerned with Timmins...one game doesnt make a guy a concernabele threat.. yet...most likely caught edm off guard and they have a tendency to get gouged up the gut like that

My thoughts too.  didnt factor him in.