Cut Down Day - - Wild Assed Guesses (WAG System)

BigBlue

6 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t necessarily agree on point one. Bond is literally the only guy his own scouting staff has brought in. Hardrick and Bryant shouldn’t fall under that category. 

Point two is fair but that’s certainly not something I’m arguing against. 

Point three is fair as well though I would argue that paying for free agents is the easiest part of a GM’s job. The scouting work is already done on these guys and teams don’t generally win based on the strengths of their free agent signings solely because it’s generally not a cost effective way of building. 

I don’t think it matters how he’s acquiring American OL. It’s just good to see shutdown tackles and guards out there, if they’re going that way with the ratio anyway. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Meh. Understandable. He could be a kicker in this league. One injury or a few bad kicks away from a roster spot.

He did not shine in his 2018 debuts, and no better than last year, so not a huge loss. Medlock is not that far away from the end of his shelf life, though.

6 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Thanks ! What is your source for this Jacquie?

No report of Swayzee Waters' release from Toronto ...

I cut and pasted from an article at CFL.ca. I've added a link to my original post. 

Swayze Waters isn't listed because he was released almost a week ago:

Edited by Jacquie

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's a lot of teams with a bit of a mess at kicker.  Saskatchewan and Ottawa for sure, Toronto too.

Als might be done with Bede too. FMB is from Montreal, so it doesnt hurt to hire a local guy.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Every is talking about what a great punter Menard-Briere was, but was anyone else concerned about the number of long punt returns against when he was punting? I wonder if directionally he wasn't that strong. Just speculating.

Ya he’s still developing.  Hang time was real inconsistent and he’s sometimes slow to get the ball to his foot.  Big leg, needs refining.

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Every is talking about what a great punter Menard-Briere was, but was anyone else concerned about the number of long punt returns against when he was punting? I wonder if directionally he wasn't that strong. Just speculating.

it seemed like he took a long time to get the ball off and was coming close to getting blocked alot from what I saw

I see that Toronto released Evan Gill (Manitoba).   They tried to convert him from D-line to O-line, but I guess it didn't work out.    He was very highly evaluated out of college, but had some injury issues.   It'll be interesting to see if he gets picked up somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

I see that Toronto released Evan Gill (Manitoba).   They tried to convert him from D-line to O-line, but I guess it didn't work out.    He was very highly evaluated out of college, but had some injury issues.   It'll be interesting to see if he gets picked up somewhere.

I'd get him on our PR asap, if he is willing to do that.

3 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Could be the replacement for Ekakitie but his health is probably the main concern.

12 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

I just assume that any Canadian with any kind of pedigree is going to land in Saskatchewan cause they are such a mess with their ratio. 

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Which Natl. would you choose to sacrifice?  It's really too bad he wouldn't accept the P.R. position.

I meant on the injured list. No sacrificing involved.

It really is a shame he wouldn't accept the P.R. position, but I don't blame him. I'm sure he'll be picked up soon.