Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Why give up draft picks for an American running back when we have Flanders on the roster?

I liked Flanders best when paired with Harris. Not sure why we went away from that. Stanback is more of a power back like Harris. I'm thinking more long term. Harris is 31 and Stanback only 24.

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/24/darian-durant-hints-at-possible-comeback-this-season/

Darian Durant continues to talk about a potential comeback. He seems to suggest there are some way around the fact that he's Winnipeg Blue Bombers property and that he plans on pursuing that. The only way around it other than Winnipeg trading his rights that i can think of is reporting. This would force Winnipeg to either welcome him into the dressing room, cut him, or trade him.

10 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/24/darian-durant-hints-at-possible-comeback-this-season/

Darian Durant continues to talk about a potential comeback. He seems to suggest there are some way around the fact that he's Winnipeg Blue Bombers property and that he plans on pursuing that. The only way around it other than Winnipeg trading his rights that i can think of is reporting. This would force Winnipeg to either welcome him into the dressing room, cut him, or trade him.

Can't they just suspend him?

I hope we string Durant along for a very long time....like he did us....Promise to give him his release and then yank it right from under his nose...at the last possible moment...Enter into another talk for his release with the proviso he returns our money.. then add a years interest on the money he should have returned...then we might grant his release....Seems fair to me and green bleeding Darian can be on his way

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

You guys are thinking about this the wrong way - we should keep him in the organization... and force him to wear Buzz  or Boomers mascot costume and cheers on Regina's rival till the end of time.

22 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention it should be the absolute easiest position to find a player at from the plethora of them in the states. 

Just say no to giving up much of anything for runningbacks. 

Where are all these great backs you're referring to? Flanders is fine but he's no Harris. Neither is LaFrance. If Harris is gone for any length of time we. are. boned!

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Where are all these great backs you're referring to? Flanders is fine but he's no Harris. Neither is LaFrance. If Harris is gone for any length of time we. are. boned!

In the states. Look around the league, do you see any team hurting for that position? It's because there are tons of talented guys coming out of us colleges.

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

In the states. Look around the league, do you see any team hurting for that position? It's because there are tons of talented guys coming out of us colleges.

So if Harris is hurt, none of these talented guys are better than Flanders or LaFrance and that's why we have brought in 0?

15 hours ago, Stickem said:

I hope we string Durant along for a very long time....like he did us....Promise to give him his release and then yank it right from under his nose...at the last possible moment...Enter into another talk for his release with the proviso he returns our money.. then add a years interest on the money he should have returned...then we might grant his release....Seems fair to me and green bleeding Darian can be on his way

Durant is the least of your problems this year.

Edited by Ripper

10 hours ago, J5V said:

So if Harris is hurt, none of these talented guys are better than Flanders or LaFrance and that's why we have brought in 0?

Flanders is good and harris is the starter with lafrance the ratio friendly in game replacement. How many running backs do you think a team needs? If we didn't go canadian at the position you'd see more around.

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

A coach actually offers something other than cliches in an interview -

Paul Maurice sometimes resorts to cliches, but also gives a lot of information in his interviews. Considering he's talking to the media before and after every game, well done.

He also never gives the impression that a question is stupid, or that he knows far more than the person asking it.