Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'd be more worried about your road trip than ours

Why? There is nothing to be worried about- they will either win or lose, regardless of me fretting or not. 

Not worrying, Just saying that montreal is better than the riders. 

riders suck. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why? There is nothing to be worried about- they will either win or lose, regardless of me fretting or not. 

Just saying that montreal is better than the riders. 

riders suck. 

I know the Bombers will lose because it would help the Riders if they didn't. And you are right, they will either win or they won't. We might lose, but I don't think we will. Not being cocky I just think we are a better team

Edited by Ripper

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I disagree, you guys don't have anything but a really good front 3. Johnny football will touch you guys.

Who was the mtl qb who beat the riders?

Willy got hurt and some back ups played. Can't remember, Shiltz maybe.  I'd hardly say he beat us but yes he played. Johnny football will torch us?  wow

Don’t know if many of you saw what the NFL is calling “roughing the passer” nowadays, but they seem to have taken tackling out of the equation. I’ve seen 3 instances, two by Clay Matthews, that show how to tackle properly. Yet he was flagged at least twice. It’s being noticed and talked about a lot. I hope they don’t go that far in the CFL. 

Maybe they’ll go this far in the NFL:

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Don’t know if many of you saw what the NFL is calling “roughing the passer” nowadays, but they seem to have taken tackling out of the equation. I’ve seen 3 instances, two by Clay Matthews, that show how to tackle properly. Yet he was flagged at least twice. It’s being noticed and talked about a lot. I hope they don’t go that far in the CFL. 

Maybe they’ll go this far in the NFL:

What the NFL is trying to do is eliminate the pancake tackle where a defender usually 280 lbs or more hits the qb & then lands on top of him leading to shoulder & arm injuries. As the father of a former qb who had his collarbone broken while playing for the Rifles back in 2010 when a Regina Thunder DT did just that I can't argue against it. Some tacklers also twist the qb exposing their shoulders & then fall on them almost guaranteeing some kind of injury. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What the NFL is trying to do is eliminate the pancake tackle where a defender usually 280 lbs or more hits the qb & then lands on top of him leading to shoulder & arm injuries.

I realize this, but that wasn’t my point. I guess you would have had to see the actual tackles in question. They were about as clean as you could teach. In each instance, on the ones that I saw, the commentators were surprised a penalty was called. So was I. I saw no intent on those plays and it was confusing for the would be tackler. You could almost hear him ask “ how the h e l l am I supposed to tackle him then?

You never want to see a QB get hit and hurt, but when the tackle is clean, then what?

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What the NFL is trying to do is eliminate the pancake tackle where a defender usually 280 lbs or more hits the qb & then lands on top of him leading to shoulder & arm injuries. As the father of a former qb who had his collarbone broken while playing for the Rifles back in 2010 when a Regina Thunder DT did just that I can't argue against it. Some tacklers also twist the qb exposing their shoulders & then fall on them almost guaranteeing some kind of injury. 

So we going to just put no contact jerseys on qbs? What about all the other injuries when guys get tackled? Maybe we just change all the rules to flag football. It's a contact sport, unfortunately injuries will happen. 

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So we going to just put no contact jerseys on qbs? What about all the other injuries when guys get tackled? Maybe we just change all the rules to flag football. It's a contact sport, unfortunately injuries will happen. 

yeah exactly...The players know the risks and no one is forcing them to play. Don't want to get hurt...don't play. These rule changes are made up in two parts. 1 to protect plays. 2 to protect the product. Starters getting hurt, hurts the brand. No body wants to watch who ever is backing up Tom Brady play who ever is backing Aaron Rogers.

And while it's a nice gesture the leagues are trying to make, at the end of the day its about $$$$$.

QBS stand in there often times defenseless. They are hit or blindsided because some left tackle or guard missed or got beat on his block.  The CFL & NFL already have rules in place to protect receivers from headshots. How many here would stand there & be willing to be pancaked? Not many so I kind of laugh at the supposed courageous tough talk by some who don't like it.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That might really help Matty and our situation this season.....😜

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1) QBS stand in there often times defenseless. They are hit or blindsided 2)because some left tackle or guard missed or got beat on his block.  The CFL & NFL already have 3) rules in place to protect receivers from headshots. 4) How many here would stand there & be willing to be pancaked? Not many so I kind of laugh at the supposed courageous tough talk by some who don't like it.

1) Part of the game.

2) Part of the game.

3) Attempting to make the game as safe as possible, and protecting the product.

4)This is irrelevant. Obviously people are willing to stand in there and take those hits. They are compensated, they are aware of the risks. 

And finally, the hits this conversation were about, where not pancakes. They weren't even what anyone would consider huge "blow the guy up" kind of hits. They were, from what I can see, text book examples of how to tackle someone safely. And yet, still flagged. At some point, you just gotta play football.