Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You should get fined for being an *******.

Check the tape. Hurt feelings got nothing to do it.

Besides, who has hurt feelings? 

Wtf is wrong with you? Oh right... you're a prider, sorry about that. 

Feel free to bring up a specific play where you feel a fine was warranted. I am open for a discussion on it. Ya I am a rider fan, so obviously I am wrong

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm so waiting for your team to disappoint you like they always do. So, I can laugh the way I did when you had 13 men on the field & lost the Grey Cup. How hurt were your feelings that day? That was maybe the funniest thing I ever saw as a football fan. All the Rider fans that day crying at the end of the game. Awesome!

I didn't cry but was definitely crushed that day. I wouldn't trade one of the darkest days in our teams history for not being a fan of my team. I was there then and am still here now. Its called being a fan.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

The hit on Lulay did not get a penalty at the time. That ref crew needs to do better.

If the player gets fined and the ref doesn't call it, perhaps he needs to get fined too.

26 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I didn't cry but was definitely crushed that day. I wouldn't trade one of the darkest days in our teams history for not being a fan of my team. I was there then and am still here now. Its called being a fan.

I didn't say you weren't. I just know I had a lot better time celebrating Kavis's ST gaffe that cost you guys a championship than you did watching your team rub our nose in it last week.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Again, we don't bring in CFL veteran talent during the season.  As crazy as that is. Other teams sign players & yet we sit pat happy with who we have on the roster. Players get very comfortable playing here.

It's called O'Sheaism.

Again, we don't bring in CFL veteran talent during the season.  As crazy as that is. Other teams sign players & yet we sit pat happy with who we have on the roster. Players get very comfortable playing here.

Calgary just signed Cory Greenwood.

I'm so waiting for your team to disappoint you like they always do. So, I can laugh the way I did when you had 13 men on the field & lost the Grey Cup. How hurt were your feelings that day? That was maybe the funniest thing I ever saw as a football fan. All the Rider fans that day crying at the end of the game. Awesome!

15 hours ago, J5V said:

If the player gets fined and the ref doesn't call it, perhaps he needs to get fined too.

Right, and coaches should be fined too for not challenging it. *sarcasm*

In case you missed it, Wally said he was told by his spotters not to challenge the hit on Lulay.

Edited by Jacquie

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Right, and coaches should be fined too for not challenging it.

It shouldn't rest on a coach's decision to challenge. The refs represent the league. It's not that hard to have a ref watching for this. 

Have the eye in the sky key on this. This is an issue of brain damage, not first down ball spotting.

The hit on Lulay was sickening. As are all of these head shots.

Also.... the NFL ejected a player on the weekend for a head shot. 

Why can't the CFL figure out that's a good idea? 

The league is doing better with this, but needs to do more.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yes. To us. At the Banjo Bowl.

Edit: Or was it Labour Day? One of those two. The Riders got a penalty, and then the command center called down and added one to the Bombers.

Did they really add one to the Bombers, or were they just reviewing the whole situation so it was handled properly ?

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Bad grammar