Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Remember when people called the 2011 bombers the worst 7 win team ever? (When they were 7-1 or whatever they were) Well the Riders are the worst 8 win team I have ever seen.

By far the worst but their luck is going to run out. You can only rely on other teams to gift you wins before it catches up to you. There is nothing scary about this version of the Riders, without the miscues of their opponents they wouldn't even have half of those wins. They will be royally embarrassed come playoff time no matter who they face. 

I thought they still have to have 3 players listed as qb... even if only 2 are actually qb. This is from the CFL game rule ratio. 

Each team may have a maximum of 44 players, including 3 players who shall be identified as quarterbacks and 41 other players, of whom not more than 20 may be international players.

3 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

I thought they still have to have 3 players listed as qb... even if only 2 are actually qb. This is from the CFL game rule ratio. 

Each team may have a maximum of 44 players, including 3 players who shall be identified as quarterbacks and 41 other players, of whom not more than 20 may be international players.

Key word there is may... does not say that they need to have.

Not a bad idea for the Bombers actually...  Dressler or Demski as the third QB...?

Yes, maximum 44 players, with 3 of them who shall be identified as quarterbacks

I can read the rules just fine. 

Yeah just don't understand what you've read. The roster rules talk about maximum numbers. You can't have 44 players with only 2 qbs, you can have 43 with 2 qbs though. Nor can you have 44 players with 4 qbs. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah just don't understand what you've read. The roster rules talk about maximum numbers. You can't have 44 players with only 2 qbs, you can have 43 with 2 qbs though. Nor can you have 44 players with 4 qbs. 

Well, this is what is written...

Each team may have a maximum of 44 players, including 3 players who shall be identified as quarterbacks and 41 other players, of whom not more than 20 may be international players.

...the way I interpreted this, was that each team had to have 3 players identified as QB, whether they are QB's or not, but they had to have 3 listed on the roster. Not saying that I am right, just how I read it. I guess we'll see when Hamilton posts their lineup for game day. 

25 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Well, this is what is written...

Each team may have a maximum of 44 players, including 3 players who shall be identified as quarterbacks and 41 other players, of whom not more than 20 may be international players.

...the way I interpreted this, was that each team had to have 3 players identified as QB, whether they are QB's or not, but they had to have 3 listed on the roster. Not saying that I am right, just how I read it. I guess we'll see when Hamilton posts their lineup for game day. 

Yes but like I said, your reading comprehension fails.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Szcrotum71, 17to85 is correct in his interpretation of the rule as constructed. It makes the most sense. His comment includes the qualifier for an occasion when 44 players are on a roster. 

Edited by Rod Black

43 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Why? Other than you  trying to be insulting, it says 3 shall be identified as quarterbacks. What part of that do you not comprehend?

25 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Szcrotum71, 17to85 is correct in his interpretation of the rule as constructed. It makes the most sense. His comment includes the qualifier for an occasion when 44 players are on a roster. 

can someone just ******* email the league please...

1 hour ago, szaroz71 said:

Why? Other than you  trying to be insulting, it says 3 shall be identified as quarterbacks. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Oh well here is the problem, I read the entire rule and didn't stop after that bit. See like I said, your reading comprehension sucks. Go to the next part, the part that says 41 others. See now?

Plus there's the fact that the Bombers dressed only 2 qbs for a few games back in 2003 so we know it's totally legit. 

But thanks for the laughs today. Always cute when people argue losing positions so hard. Shoulda just admitted you were wrong by slinking away rather than sticking around to prove your ignorance.