Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Paul Maurice sometimes resorts to cliches, but also gives a lot of information in his interviews. Considering he's talking to the media before and after every game, well done.

He also never gives the impression that a question is stupid, or that he knows far more than the person asking it. 

Hard not to be a big fan of Paul Maurice.  He handles himself with such class. I think he is a great coach

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Oh....tell me some more.....AND he's not our problem...but apparently at one time he was yours and could be again if you re-sign him...Take him away Ripper..lol

No thanks buddy.. He is a Bomber.  Are you guys going to retire his number?  I give a rats ass if he comes back to play as long as it isn't with us. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Oh....tell me some more.....AND he's not our problem...but apparently at one time he was yours and could be again if you re-sign him...Take him away Ripper..lol

I'm sure that Jones is fantasizing about next February when he can re-sign Durant. Right. Durant must be desperate to publicly kiss up to Jones in a faint hope of being invited back. On the other hand, if he was still there,  he would be far and away the best quarterback there.

Just now, Tracker said:

I'm sure that Jones is fantasizing about next February when he can re-sign Durant. Right. Durant must be desperate to publicly kiss up to Jones in a faint hope of being invited back. On the other hand, if he was still there,  he would be far and away the best quarterback there.

Jones got rid of Durant first chance he got, nothing has changed.  I'd go easy on the qb jokes, I've watched your guy play this year

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Jones got rid of Durant first chance he got, nothing has changed.  I'd go easy on the qb jokes, I've watched your guy play this year

And what does that have to do with us slagging Collaros and Bridge? Not that Nichols is the second coming of Doug Flutie, but he is still better than Collaros, as poorly as Nichols has been this year. The Riders are in playoff contention in spite of their quarterbacking, not because of it.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

And what does that have to do with us slagging Collaros and Bridge? Not that Nichols is the second coming of Doug Flutie, but he is still better than Collaros, as poorly as Nichols has been this year. The Riders are in playoff contention in spite of their quarterbacking, not because of it.

Nichols being better than Collaros is highly debatable. I don't like either so I'm not interested in getting into that argument.  Our problems on offense run a lot deeper than the qb position.  Poor play calling, receivers dropping balls.  Plenty of blame to go around

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Both QB's suck.....end of discussion.

30 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols being better than Collaros is highly debatable. I don't like either so I'm not interested in getting into that argument.  Our problems on offense run a lot deeper than the qb position.  Poor play calling, receivers dropping balls.  Plenty of blame to go around

Yeah, not at all like what's wrong with the Bombers' offense. Oh, wait...

45 minutes ago, Ripper said:

And we've seen yours. My advice is don't be so arrogant putting down Nichols because Collaros will crush your heart. He isn't playing well at all.  Your wins are coming by smoke & mirrors & that won't go on. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And we've seen yours. My advice is don't be so arrogant putting down Nichols because Collaros will crush your heart. He isn't playing well at all.  Your wins are coming by smoke & mirrors & that won't go on. 

There is no smoke and mirrors. We have a very good defense and our special teams are also very good. Which part of either of those seems like a illusion to you?  Our offense has been poor and has been along for the ride

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Riders have literally won a majority of their games because of their special teams and defense. Yes their offense sucks....but they get it done. Time after time. The part of saying the riders suck is not true. Comparing them to Toronto is not true. The Riders offense sucks tremendously but their special teams and defense are doing their part. And in this CFL game, you need to have three dimensions of your game. Look at Edmonton, they don't have a good defense and it's letting them down.

2 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

The Riders have literally won a majority of their games because of their special teams and defense. Yes their offense sucks....but they get it done. Time after time. The part of saying the riders suck is not true. Comparing them to Toronto is not true. The Riders offense sucks tremendously but their special teams and defense are doing their part. And in this CFL game, you need to have three dimensions of your game. Look at Edmonton, they don't have a good defense and it's letting them down.

That only works for so long. It doesn't usually hold up in the playoffs when teams are better.

3 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Edmonton has been horrible against the run, but that offense is managing to win games anyway.  Rarely any team has all 3 firing on all cylinders, except those dam stamps most of the time, that's why they are so hard to beat

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

That only works for so long. It doesn't usually hold up in the playoffs when teams are better.

Like what teams? The Riders have beat every team in the West except the Eskimos. Theyre doing what they need to do to win, Can you imagine what happens if their offense actually clicks?

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

There is no smoke and mirrors. We have a very good defense and our special teams are also very good. Which part of either of those seems like a illusion to you?  Our offense has been poor and has been along for the ride

The Rider D allowed the Bombers 193 yds. rushing in the LDC, that does not sound very good to me, if it happened once it can happen again.

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Because we didn't score enough pts. silly....and the ones Ssk. scored were.... let's just say ,smoke and mirrors

Man you gotta get outta the box dude. Winnipeg didn't show up. There is a reason why they lost both games. You cant truly believe its smoke and mirrors.

Edited by TheBandit

5 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

Man you gotta get outta the box dude. Winnipeg didn't show up. There is a reason why they lost both games. You cant truly believe its smoke and mirrors.

Maybe if Chris Jones wasn't the coach and manager it would be slightly less difficult for people. Only slightly mind you.

According to MBB The Riders were slated to be dreadful this season, comically bad, so the team must be just lucky.   lol.

Made worse of course, by the Bombers being pretty bad.

It's a tough season for hardcore Rider haters. And there are a lot of them here.