Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

On offense we really need to just add one impact big bodied receiver and if can resign Dressler for a mutually pleasing contract for both sides use him as the 3rd option and not the center piece to the offense...unless the game allows for it.

We know we are set with Harris and Flanders...Adams is a lock and proven stud...for how we use the Canadian receiver again we are set with Coates and Drew developing behind him so no need to go spend big free-agent bucks there...Givens if back, and a full camp and reps may surprise and I am gonna go on record and say that White who we brought in late may turn into our find of the year.

Feoli is nice depth, but getting older and I think not needed if Coates can continue what he did and Drew W progresses as most think he will...he may be a dark horse impact Canadian in the making

One question regarding Adams. Is he durable enough? That hit he took to end his season looked like a hit any receiver is subject to at any time. If he can't survive those, I worry for his ability to stay healthy. 

1 minute ago, J5V said:

One question regarding Adams. Is he durable enough? That hit he took to end his season looked like a hit any receiver is subject to at any time. If he can't survive those, I worry for his ability to stay healthy. 

yet another insane quote........you are straight up looney tunes.  He was absolutely CRUSHED on the play....I couldn't believe the guy got up and walked off under his own power. Immediately looked like a separated shoulder or broken collarbone or something of that nature. 

Yeah that wasn't a normal every game hit..the fact he got right up was amazing...a similar hit was Loffler of Arceneaux and he got knocked the eff out..same with Roosevelt against Calgary.

I wouldn't be too worried about Adams's as being injury prone...and injury prone isn't a real thing..guys are just unlucky.. and their style of play may subject them to more of a chance to be injured. Milt never got hurt cause he always ducked out of bounds and never put his head down to get extra yards, and he will admit it...but Adams is the opposite...he will try and truck a guy...never ducks out of bounds and always fights for yards...leaving himself vulnerable to be hit more..and his teamates love that and feed off it and it makes them better..same with Harris and how he plays...Give me an Adam's any day

To throw a cat in among the pigeons, as much as I like Flanders, I think we may be overlooking a piece of the puzzle. Rainey in BC and Christian Jones in Regina and a couple of other speed demons in the CFL are capable of breaking off huge gains and Jones damned nearly won the game for the Riders over the Argos. That sort of player would be very useful.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

yet another insane quote........you are straight up looney tunes.  He was absolutely CRUSHED on the play....I couldn't believe the guy got up and walked off under his own power. Immediately looked like a separated shoulder or broken collarbone or something of that nature. 

Agreed, he got absolutely destroyed. 

He did hurt that area in back to back years though. Hopefully the potential for re-injury hasn’t grown.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

To throw a cat in among the pigeons, as much as I like Flanders, I think we may be overlooking a piece of the puzzle. Rainey in BC and Christian Jones in Regina and a couple of other speed demons in the CFL are capable of breaking off huge gains and Jones damned nearly won the game for the Riders over the Argos. That sort of player would be very useful.

Christian Jones is a stud.  When we were playing the Riders I was worried every time he touched the ball.

4 hours ago, Sard said:

I do think that he also had some sort of nagging injury going on through his slump... though his punting looked ok, it seemed like he was wincing in pain on almost every kick through that time.

The cfl.ca piece about his re-signing does mention a "midseason injury" that cut into his practice time, but doesn't get into specifics:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/30/coach-oshea-pep-talk-helped-keep-medlock-winnipeg/

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

really want to see Walters load up on RECs 

yup.  I looked at the numbers a year ago and it looks like a typical CFL team will need to start 7-10 different import receivers in a season due to injury and etc.  You need great receiver depth to survive a CFL season.  Look at the Eskimos -- Hazelton and Duke Williams were depth receivers for them.

Edited by johnzo

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Has Darvin Adams lasted a whole season since we signed him?  Two things to think about with him and Dressler...  really want to see Walters load up on RECs 

has he been hurt in simple plays like Watson was over and over again or have they been devastating hits?  I know the last one was hellacious and I thought last years injury wasn't far behind..  he has injured that shoulder a few times now though so a chronic situation could be arising..

5 hours ago, tracker said:

I love rainey. If he was used more as an X factor he could be the talk of the league. That said we could get some one with a similar skill set and use them in the jet sweep package, with some wr screens, slants on rub route plays etc.  We have room for both imo, though Idk if we had that guy if wed make use of them. Imo mcduff showed a good bit of that utility. 

A full season of healthy darvin adams and dressler would be a gigantic boon for our offense. 

I don't see Dressler as an important signing in the off-season.  Let him go.  He's injured far too easily and not worth the money given his production.  It would be better to invest that money in an Arceneaux or Jackson.  I hope Walters et al can also uncover some decent cheap receiving talent from down south to improve our depth.  

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

I just watched it again, 6 times, and it just doesn't look that bad. Let's say I've seen worse and seen receivers get up and walk away unhurt. I dunno, Adams isn't a very thick guy. Seems kinda gangly with long arms. I worry for his ability to survive out there. I hope he develops an elusiveness to avoid hits like that.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I just watched it again, 6 times, and it just doesn't look that bad. Let's say I've seen worse and seen receivers get up and walk away unhurt... I worry for his ability to survive out there. I hope he develops an elusiveness to avoid hits like that.

You are right. He should really develop an invisibility formula so when guys go to hit him he can just disappear...:mellow:

7 hours ago, SPuDS said:

has he been hurt in simple plays like Watson was over and over again or have they been devastating hits?  I know the last one was hellacious and I thought last years injury wasn't far behind..  he has injured that shoulder a few times now though so a chronic situation could be arising..

I dont think he's made a full season ever...?  Be great to have him here just need a legit backup plan

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

How many different ways can I say OMG ? ?

Hellacious is how I would describe it. When Adams left the field another Bomber had to pick up and carry his jock strap to the side lines...

There's no doubt he was hurt.

I think we need to go with 2 canadian receivers and 3 on the OL. That way we can just have Westerman and Loffler on defence. No more Thomas or Hurl to satisfy the ratio. Thats why Id like Demski and Arcenaux at receiver. Adams and a speed guy would be the other imports, and Coates and JFG can fight it out for the feild WR spot

Having Harris as an 8th canadian will allow us to rotate Flanders in at RB and or reciever through Demski's position

Edited by James

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

I dont think he's made a full season ever...?  Be great to have him here just need a legit backup plan

the last year years he missed 3 games 10 games and 2 games. Missing 2 or 3 games is gonna happen. Mo hasnt played 18 games in a year either. 

Depth is allways huge in the cfl. Its a violent sport with a long season. We need a 3rd  wr who can be a go to guy, and some young high up side guys.

5 hours ago, James said:

I think we need to go with 2 canadian receivers and 3 on the OL. That way we can just have Westerman and Loffler on defence. No more Thomas or Hurl to satisfy the ratio. Thats why Id like Demski and Arcenaux at receiver. Adams and a speed guy would be the other imports, and Coates and JFG can fight it out for the feild WR spot

Having Harris as an 8th canadian will allow us to rotate Flanders in at RB and or reciever through Demski's position

3 import O-linemen is one of the biggest keys to our success. We should happily trot out the exact same O-line if feasabile.

A second Canadian receiver would be nice, but we’re going to have to sign one who can give us decent production consistently.  Maybe Coates can be that guy, but I’m not sure.