Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Solid solid depth guy and emergency starter/replacement...special teams ace too.

I think he could do well as wide side corner too...if ratio required 

This is exactly the thinking the Bombers can zone in on for the start of the new season. There is absolutely no need to unfurl Hurl once again in that all too important MLB role.

New thinking and a new direction is a must for this team.

51 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is exactly the thinking the Bombers can zone in on for the start of the new season. There is absolutely no need to unfurl Hurl once again in that all too important MLB role.

New thinking and a new direction is a must for this team.

Unfurl Hurl...I see what you did there....lol...I hope he get's unfurled right into a special teams spot...That way Mike O will be happy and most of the fans in Wpg.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:23 PM, Blueandgold said:

Agreed, we just have to ensure that our third import receiver is also a stud. 

We need someone more like Chris Matthews or Manny playing alongside Dressler and Darvin rather than someone like Washington or Givens.

jury aint out yet on Givens.. guy has to have some skill if he stuck down south as long as he did.

9 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

For others that are curious, Greg Carr bounced around the Arena Football League after leaving the CFL in 2013. He was even named rookie of the year in 2014 (in the AFL). He is currently listed as inactive on the Washington Valor roster.

wonder where his head is at if we did take a flyer out on him?  crashed and burned in edmonton.. didn't catch on again in the CFL..  would I suppose be worth a look-see in TC

12 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

wonder where his head is at if we did take a flyer out on him?  crashed and burned in edmonton.. didn't catch on again in the CFL..  would I suppose be worth a look-see in TC

Oh God, please no.  We'd look like the sad-sack Bombers of old.  Bringing in a marginal player several years after his best before date.  We can do better.  We have to do better.

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Oh God, please no.  We'd look like the sad-sack Bombers of old.  Bringing in a marginal player several years after his best before date.  We can do better.  We have to do better.

well sure but bringing him in with other recruits wouldn't hurt, would it? I mean we are just speculating here at this point.

Every spot in TC should be used to find the best talent available.  There should be no "throw-away" spots.  So if that's the case, if the Bomber scouts  can't find better prospects that Greg "Remember that game a long time ago when I was good" Carr, Walters needs to find better scouts.  So please, no Carr.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

well sure but bringing him in with other recruits wouldn't hurt, would it? I mean we are just speculating here at this point.

Gotta disagree with you there.... spending time on a burnout like Carr is time and resources wasted that could be spent scouting a younger rising star. Not to mention it makes us look like idiots... remember how much everyone here was laughing at the 'Riders when they brought in Vince Young? On top of that, nothing came of it, I don't think Young even dressed a game for them...

It is unfortunate, but football is a business and as fondly as some of us remember Greg Carr in his prime - it's time to move on.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

This would be okay...

Adams-Jackson-dressler-demski-shaq Johnson

Flanders-wolitarsky-givens

Adams Arcenaux Dressler Flanders Demski please

Although I got a feeling Dressler will hang it up, If it is...

Adams Arcenaux Spencer Flanders Demski 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

50 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Gotta disagree with you there.... spending time on a burnout like Carr is time and resources wasted that could be spent scouting a younger rising star. Not to mention it makes us look like idiots... remember how much everyone here was laughing at the 'Riders when they brought in Vince Young? On top of that, nothing came of it, I don't think Young even dressed a game for them...

It is unfortunate, but football is a business and as fondly as some of us remember Greg Carr in his prime - it's time to move on.

this whole conversation is strictly for shits and giggles because I agree, we shouldn't need to even consider him at this point BUT I don't think Young to Carr is an apt comparison. Carr's been in the CFL before, did well and has played competitively in the last 4 years.  He also is familiar with the league and its nuances.   It wouldn't make us look like idiots, especially if he came to town and made the roster.    It would be a fail by our American scouts, I will agree with that.   Not like they are batting 1.000 on finding receievers tho either, lol but again.. I don't believe this would be a good move. I don't think anyone would.. just more so an off-season jibber jabber.

8 hours ago, SPuDS said:

this whole conversation is strictly for shits and giggles because I agree, we shouldn't need to even consider him at this point BUT I don't think Young to Carr is an apt comparison. Carr's been in the CFL before, did well and has played competitively in the last 4 years.  He also is familiar with the league and its nuances.   It wouldn't make us look like idiots, especially if he came to town and made the roster.    It would be a fail by our American scouts, I will agree with that.   Not like they are batting 1.000 on finding receievers tho either, lol but again.. I don't believe this would be a good move. I don't think anyone would.. just more so an off-season jibber jabber.

Is it June yet?