Blue Bombers and 680 CJOB Announce Partnership Extension

TrueBlue

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I can't tell you right now how many are on board, but CKDM Dauphin has rights and CKMW Winkler did before they switched to FM and went to primarily music. I'm not sure if they still air Goldeyes, Jays, Bombers, etc as they used to. At one point, the Golden West Boissevain mini-stick would air Bombers games that you could get in Brandon, but that's been done for awhile now, I believe... 

Yep, can't get the Bomber broadcast in Brandon or further west. Same thing in the Portage area.

8 hours ago, WestBattleJones said:

CJOB cares more about the Bombers it seems...

Well they dont have the Jets contract so thats a given.

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont get the Westwood hate.  Is it an ironic thing?  He has lots of great insight. 

His comments are one of the reasons they went from being an also ran to beating us consistently on LD.

The only time I listen to OB is during the pre and post game. Now, I flip back and forth between OB and 1290. OB is such a terrible radio station that is quickly fading into obscurity. 

I'm happy that Bob will be around a bit longer but fear his replacement. I'm happy the Bombers are good now so that he doesn't have to put up with a mediocre team and mediocre callers. Well, he still has mediocre callers but fewer. 

I like Brown. Arrogant but generally on point. 

I can't stand Bauming. I'm sure he's a nice guy but I always feel like he's trying to sell me something. I find approach off-putting. I don't find him particularly insightful either. I can't listen to CFL:60. I've tried but he's just terrible. 

I have no love for Westwood on the radio. I like him, just not his "analysis". The only insightful comments he has are around the feel in the locker room. I struggle to listen to the AM show and generally just listen to podcasts on my drive to work or CBC. 

Love the big guy. Walby makes the 1290 pre and post game. 

Lol why are a few people so angry about me pointing out that CJOB plays way more commercials and that Brown sucks.     Yeesh it's not my opinion it's just reality.   

Irving has also slipped considerably and for years when the team was putrid the guy wouldn't call it as it was.  Brown is to busy flipping through his thesaurus trying to make himself seem intelligent...   Mitch Zalnasky was the only good guy (purely because he would call the team out for being god awful).      I can't remember if it was this site or on ourbombers but someone posted the timelines of the commercial breaks on the coaches show and it was obscene.   Every 4-5 minutes they had a break. You can't get any flow or any kind of deep discussion when it continually gets interrupted.     Same goes with screening callers... absolutely terrible stuff.  

As for ratings... who cares?  Have you talked to anyone in the radio industry lately?  Do you know how cheap it is to get an ad on CJOB these days?  I'm surprised the radio industry is still alive at this point in time..

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol why are a few people so angry about me pointing out that CJOB plays way more commercials and that Brown sucks.     Yeesh it's not my opinion it's just reality.   

Irving has also slipped considerably and for years when the team was putrid the guy wouldn't call it as it was.  Brown is to busy flipping through his thesaurus trying to make himself seem intelligent...   Mitch Zalnasky was the only good guy (purely because he would call the team out for being god awful).      I can't remember if it was this site or on ourbombers but someone posted the timelines of the commercial breaks on the coaches show and it was obscene.   Every 4-5 minutes they had a break. You can't get any flow or any kind of deep discussion when it continually gets interrupted.     Same goes with screening callers... absolutely terrible stuff.  

As for ratings... who cares?  Have you talked to anyone in the radio industry lately?  Do you know how cheap it is to get an ad on CJOB these days?  I'm surprised the radio industry is still alive at this point in time..

you just went and answered you own question.... radio stations generate revenue on advertising... if it's that cheap, it's cause they're having trouble selling.

Completely unrelated.... nothing can ever top the days of the Mike Kelly Show.... that was can't miss radio!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎10 at 7:06 AM, trueBlue83 said:

you just went and answered you own question.... radio stations generate revenue on advertising... if it's that cheap, it's cause they're having trouble selling.

Completely unrelated.... nothing can ever top the days of the Mike Kelly Show.... that was can't miss radio!

Love Mike or hate him, those were indeed exciting days.   O'shea is bland and so is Bob.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

You're just trolling, right? Bob is boring?

Nope, not trolling.  I'm also not a giant dbag who hates on stuff just to invoke change.  I honestly can't listen to the broadcast anymore.  And that's saying something, because the TSN crews on TV broadcasts are really bad, worse even, but at least they have a visual to look at.

2 minutes ago, basslicker said:

Nope, not trolling.  I'm also not a giant dbag who hates on stuff just to invoke change.  I honestly can't listen to the broadcast anymore.  And that's saying something, because the TSN crews on TV broadcasts are really bad, worse even, but at least they have a visual to look at.

I guess we expect something different from our broadcasters. Fair enough.

Also, I rarely listen to the game because I'm at the game or watching it on TV. I'm never satisfied with timing of watching it on TV and while listening to Bob on the radio.

Good gawb, having listened to many broadcasts of different sports etc., and many cross country broadcasts of CFL football, across the prairies, if it’s one thing I will not say about Bob and crew, is that it’s boring. 

Knowledgable comes to mind, and not over the top, unlike many.

Nope, Bob’s still got it, no question.

Edited by Mr Dee

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like Bob but he definitely has taken on an "I've seen all this before" attitude over the last couple years.  He doesn't inject the same enthusiasm he once did.

I'm not sure it's available or not, but if you can, go listen to the archive of Bob's call of the comeback vs Montreal that started our run earlier in the year......it's unreal. Full of hype.

31 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like Bob but he definitely has taken on an "I've seen all this before" attitude over the last couple years.  He doesn't inject the same enthusiasm he once did.

I think that is probably a function of the kind of team we have. Lots of yards given up and dink and dunk lots of field goals offense. Not like he is getting a big play offense or a stingy defense.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

There's nobody even close to as good as Bob on the radio, and every other radio/TV personality in the CFL (minus Rod P, who believes his own hype) will tell you that...

To be fair, Rod is probably the best choice for that fanbase... both are completely deluded so it's a good fit.