Ridirts @ Rodblacks - An Upset From Ottawa Must Happen

USABomberfan

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

What a choke job by Ottawa. Embarrassing, especially at home. Youve got a RB with nearly 200 going into the 4th and you call pass after pass after pass putting the ball+game in Lindley's hands?!?! Nice job Campbell you moron.

The GC saved his job. He had a losing season last year & will have another one this year. But they've run out of rabbits feet. No fluke wins in the playoffs this season.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

But in all honesty that fumble in the early part of the game (that wasn't ruled a  fumble) was the difference. I have watched a lot of football and I have never seen a call like that...a real head stratcher. To all the Rider fans who call the post game shows on SK 620 and 650 and complain about bad reffing costing them wins...please shut up now, that was your gift

Edited by blueingreenland

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

1st game was merely dismal........ this 2nd game is a utter crime against humanity......

Ok. Bad football. But not ?? Vietnam, yet. More resembles a shovel to he head, to me. 

Wish my team team could win 59  - 11 once in a while. Well, maybe it is Vietnam for the Al's. 

Edited by Rod Black

I mostly watched the Riders game....   Glenn was absolutely terrible I can't believe they didn't put Bridge in at half time.  The numbers and stats do not tell the story...  at the beginning of the fourth quarter Glenn had only 1 drive where he moved the ball which ended up in an int.    It seemed that outside of that first drive he went 3 quarters with only 100 yards passing.

Super disappointed that Ottawa choked again...  

I also noticed how damn quiet it's been lately from the regular Rider fans...  are they banned or hiding?

I just love the articles coming out of Stinkville to the west of us in regards to last nights game. Headlines like "Riders Storm Back From 17 Point Deficit!" and " Riders Roar Back in Road Win Over Redblacks!" Really?? Are they all truly that delusional? A garbage QB, crappy kicker, poor Redblacks special teams, and a brutal, untouched fumble gifted you the game. There was no storming or roaring. No wonder these sheeple are so blind to reality. Their own "journalists" spoon feed them green koolaid at every turn. What a joke.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Recall  a thread on CFL Zone probably 10 years ago. I ranted how Kavis Reed keeps getting inexplicably hired in high positions and wondered if it was all about affirmative action so franchise owners and executives can feel good or deflect criticism.

Still wondering

Edited by Zontar

Riders were awful... But McDuffie and Lindley and playcalling for Ottawa was worse. 

I cant even blame Lindley tho.. The playcalling was just terrible.. Powell had like what? Almost 200 yards at half? Yes lets not use him much in the 2nd and lets have our noodle armed Max Hall clone throw more. Fools. 

4 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Recall  a thread on CFL Zone probably 10 years ago. I ranted how Kavis Reed keeps gets inexplicably hired in high positions and wondered if it was all about affirmative action so franchise owners and executives can feel good or deflect criticism.

Still wondering

CFL Zone. Blast from the past. What a website that was! Turned into mostly Rider site in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Riders were awful... But McDuffie and Lindley and playcalling for Ottawa was worse. 

I cant even blame Lindley tho.. The playcalling was just terrible.. Powell had like what? Almost 200 yards at half? Yes lets not use him much in the 2nd and lets have our noodle armed Max Hall clone throw more. Fools. 

Jaimie Elizondo is supposed to be this great OC. Not so much. 

Which statement is more correct?

The one put out by the CFL.ca staff - 

“Ottawa controlled momentum for most of the game and shut out the Riders in the first half, but quarterback Kevin Glenn turned things around and found success in the fourth quarter to claim his 100th career win.

Or

“Ottawa controlled momentum for most of the game and shut out the Riders in the first half” but it was a breakdown of epic proportions by the RedBlacks as they, somehow, forgot they were in a football game in the second half.

Allowing a 97 yard punt, with a 17-0 lead, started the downfall, and the wherewithal could not be found to stop it.

They had the power of Powell...and refused to use it later in the game.

Dismal, really.

To me, Saskatchewan did not win that game, Ottawa lost it.

Edited by Mr Dee

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

.....in the windy, pouring rain no less. Unreal.

32 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Let's not forget Criner, who tripped on his route and missed an easy reception and then coughed up the ball so badly he looked he was playing hot potato with it.

To paraphrase Larry Burns: the RedBlacks in the 4th quarter fell apart like a Chinese motorcycle.

5831_A96_B-3_C70-43_A7-_A21_C-628_E61_DB..........Wringing their hands in anticipation...

Edmonton. They play Montreal in week 16

Hamilton. In week 18

Saskatchewan. In week 19

Hamilton again. In week 20

Montreal has a bye in week 17. They’ll be busy trying to figure out how not to lose on that weekend...

I see no problem in firing Kavis Reed RIGHT NOW. They absolutely have nothing to lose. 

I hear their ball boy has a pretty interesting view of how a team should be run...