Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

He must have asked for his release if he wasn't going to be on the game day roster. I don't see how else this makes sense.

Just now, Rich said:

Would he have asked for his release not wanting to be on the PR?

This is the only thing that makes sense... even then, my reaction would be "good point, Lankford can sit".... but then again, I never liked taking Thorpe out of the line up in the first place...

Unless Thorpe asked for his release, this is a move from the Bombers:

While the competitions are loading up for the playoff push, the Bombers is quite the opposite. What if we suffer injuries the next game, you ended up picking up a new player that need to learn Lapos system.

Can we hide Thorpe, who showed very much promise and is a better talent than Washington, in the 6-game IR? 

Granted, the cut need to be made, why not make it earlier in the week rather than the last day of practice when majority of the game plan has been made?

One of two things has to be true. Either he asked for his release and it was granted or they are bringing in someone else to replace him on the roster that they feel is better (Eric Rogers please and thank you). I don't want to believe that they feel L'Damian Washington is a better player than Thorpe, that would make zero sense and is depressing to think about.

16 minutes ago, tracker said:

I hope there is a plan B should one of our import receivers go down. This is a puzzlement and it would be nice if the Bombers cared enough to tell us fans what was going on.

Lol. Seriously? We deserve to knoe nothing. He was on the PR. Its not like they released dressler. I liked thorpe but cmon.. We dont need to know

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Seriously? We deserve to knoe nothing. He was on the PR. Its not like they released dressler. I liked thorpe but cmon.. We dont need to know

Right,  we don't deserve, but as a fan we are interested to know. It's a normal human reaction when things happen that  doesn't make sense right away.