Bombers Release Thorpe

Booch

5 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Money is going to be a massive issue for Jones next year. Half his team is coming off their rookie contracts.

Not to mention that a pretty penny will have to be paid for a higher priced QB than they currently are spending on that position....or else roll with the Banks’ and Glenns’ of the world.

7 hours ago, Judd said:

True. 250k-275k for Carter? No way. But one thing going for the riders is I don't see too much of a demand. 

Bombers: no way oshea wants him. 

Edmonton: too many high prices receivers as is.

Calgary: no way they're going to be bring in a guy with a big attitude to rock their boat.

BC: hard to say. Maybe. Dark horse to put in a bid. 

Montreal: he's banished.

Ottawa: possible, but doubtful.

Toronto: Trestman won't want him.

Hamilton: they tried hiring a rapist so actually they'll probably make a big push for him.

So really it's down to 2, 3 teams.  Carter won't have that much bargaining power 

If Calgary flames out in the playoffs I could see them putting a serious offer in for Carter should he explore FA. I can't remember exactly but I think they were one of the final teams he (Carter) was considering joining last offseason. And if there is one thing the stamps are missing is receiving depth imo

Rumour has it the Redskins are interested in Carter as a DB.. Probably explains why hes playing there. My guess hes NFL bound cuz besides being a ******... The guy has NFL talent. But douchebag is pretty tame compared to the rapists gang members murderers and sexual deviants who have played in the NFL. 

50 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rumour has it the Redskins are interested in Carter as a DB.. Probably explains why hes playing there. My guess hes NFL bound cuz besides being a ******... The guy has NFL talent. But douchebag is pretty tame compared to the rapists gang members murderers and sexual deviants who have played in the NFL. 

Why would Jones accommodate the Redskins interest?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Any and every profession has its crooks and other undesirables.

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Why would Jones accommodate the Redskins interest?

I don't think he would. I think he is punishing DC by taking him off the offence and this Redskins rumor is coming from Carter's camp to try and end his banishment.

30 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I don't think he would. I think he is punishing DC by taking him off the offence and this Redskins rumor is coming from Carter's camp to try and end his banishment.

"punishing" a player by moving them to another position where they can then show they are actually more versatile and then use that in negotiations to earn more money....Do you see why that makes no sense? You don't punish pro athletes by allowing them to show off their skills. You punish them by not paying them (however that may look, fine, suspension etc etc etc)