CFL QB Power Rankings Week 11

mgoodpaster

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

"Glenn is climbing this list quickly; he has been the hottest QB in the league over the last two games and has pulled the Riders into playoff contention"

Did Glenn pull them into playoff contention or did their defense pull them into contention?

No, but by the grace of God, and to the surprise of almost everyone, Glenn has managed to imitate a legit CFL quarterback and give a degree of respectability to the Riders, but who knows how long this will last? 

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

No, but by the grace of God, and to the surprise of almost everyone, Glenn has managed to imitate a legit CFL quarterback and give a degree of respectability to the Riders, but who knows how long this will last? 

Glenn always looks like a legitimate CFL QB...  until he doesn't. And by then, it's too late. Usually when it counts.

I always find it interesting that posters criticize Glenn, but say that if not for his broken arm the Bombers would have won the 2007 Grey Cup. 

If these posters are to believed, then Glenn would have thrown 7 pick-6's in the game.

Kevin Glenn is a good QB.  Always has been.  He has an accurate quick release, is generally efficient and reads defenses well.  He is not a great QB for an equal number of reasons, but give the guy credit.

21 minutes ago, MC said:

I always find it interesting that posters criticize Glenn, but say that if not for his broken arm the Bombers would have won the 2007 Grey Cup. 

If these posters are to believed, then Glenn would have thrown 7 pick-6's in the game.

Kevin Glenn is a good QB.  Always has been.  He has an accurate quick release, is generally efficient and reads defenses well.  He is not a great QB for an equal number of reasons, but give the guy credit.

that game would have been in a Dome.......that's your difference.

Although the best predictor of future behaviours is past behaviours and I am by no means a supported of Glenn, he has had to play on some really crappy teams. This year his play has been the best I have ever seen him play, so maybe he will go out with a bang- like Hank Burris.

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

Although the best predictor of future behaviours is past behaviours and I am by no means a supported of Glenn, he has had to play on some really crappy teams. This year his play has been the best I have ever seen him play, so maybe he will go out with a bang- like Hank Burris.

... more like a whimper.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I would say he was better in Calgary the year he played in the Grey Cup for them, but then he pooped his pants in the cup game so classic Glenn still. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

2007 was more a case of Dinwiddie making a bunch of rookie mistakes that Glenn even if he was lack lustre was unlikely to make. The D really stepped up in that game, just gave too much away in turnovers. 

That game has to be the least entertaining Grey Cup in history ... but I'll still rewatch the half of it when the Bombers were on D.  Gavin Walls was a fire breathing monster in that game. 

Statistically, Glenn is on a similar pace to his 2007 and 2010 seasons with the Bombers and Ti-Cats, respectively. I would still argue 2007 was his best season and if not for Kevin Eiben, he goes on to get a ring and win the MOP.

Kevin Eiben can eat a bag of dicks.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Statistically, Glenn is on a similar pace to his 2007 and 2010 seasons with the Bombers and Ti-Cats, respectively. I would still argue 2007 was his best season and if not for Kevin Eiben, he goes on to get a ring and win the MOP.

MOP is voted on before the GC.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I prefer not to think about what "could have been" in the 07 GC game had KG played... for all we know he puts up a "typical soul crushing Kevin Glenn" performance... as some here have stated...

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I prefer not to think about what "could have been" in the 07 GC game had KG played... for all we know he puts up a "typical soul crushing Kevin Glenn" performance... as some here have stated...

Even with Dinwiddie throwing four picks, the Bombers only lost by four. I have no doubt had Glenn been able to play, the Bombers win the 95th Grey Cup.