BC @ EDMONTON

Mr Dee

BIG GAME ALERT!

By The Numbers - CFL STAFF

3 – Special teams categories in which the Eskimos sit dead last (punt average, kickoff average, punt-return average).

5 — League-high rushing touchdowns for BC’s Jeremiah Johnson.

31:57 — Average possession time between Edmonton (31:54) and BC (32:00), the two teams who’ve enjoyed the highest share of the football in the CFL.

86.9 – QUAR rating for Edmonton’s Mike Reilly, second only to Ottawa’s Trevor Harris.

The Eskimos started 2017 with a win on the road at BC to take a 1-0 lead and can wrap up the season series with BC (gaining a potentially valuable tie-breaker) this week. Edmonton has won 6 of the last 8 games in this matchup including wins in 4 of the 5 games started by Jonathon Jennings.

Mike Reilly Ints: The Esks' QB has yet to throw an interception 4 games and 140 passes into 2017 and in any of his last 6 starts (211 attempts)

BC's Solomon Elimimian leads not only in tackles but in total defensive plays as well. To his 40 defensive stops, you can add 3 QB Pressures, a fumble recovery and a Tackle for Loss for 45 in total, one ahead of Kyries Hebert at 44.

The Lions offence is #1 in the CFL at 405.4 yards per game while Edmonton's is at #6 (367). BC's 21% via the rush is #4 in the CFL while Edmonton's 23% trails only Montreal (27% of their yards have been by rushing plays

Good interview this AM on 1290 about Wally Buono and quarterbacks, it was said that Reilly was way down the depth chart in BC, and on the edge of being cut, second preseason game 2011, I think he finally got in for the last two drives, got two touchdowns, and on he went. Almost cut by Wally.

The person said that Backup QB in B.C. gets 40 percent of practise time.

sorry do not remember his name. media guy from BC I think.

Hyped up the "Reilly v Lulay" aspect.

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Good interview this AM on 1290 about Wally Buono and quarterbacks, it was said that Reilly was way down the depth chart in BC, and on the edge of being cut, second preseason game 2011, I think he finally got in for the last two drives, got two touchdowns, and on he went. Almost cut by Wally.

The person said that Backup QB in B.C. gets 40 percent of practise time.

sorry do not remember his name. media guy from BC I think.

Hyped up the "Reilly v Lulay" aspect.

Lowell Ulrich or Farhan Lalji?

Lol is that Jack Abendshan the third doing kickoffs now for Edmonton?

this game has slowed down to 7 MPH.

burnham  getting run over before the  ball got there wasn't interference? haha. no consistency of any kind.

last ten minutes taking about 40 minutes

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The more I see of Duke Williams the more I like him. Why can't we find receivers like that?

Not to torture you but think about this a bit, Zylstra played his entire college career at the other end of the Red River Valley and he wasn't on the Bombers radar scope.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not really one to ***** about replays but holy Christ with the challenges... This game has slowed to a crawl with non stop challenges. This has got to change.... 

Again, I'm being a broken record here but someone here on this board (can't remember who) said there was an actual 30 second rule to call a challenge. Sure wasn't implemented last night when Maas took forever to call a challenge. The teams were putting on personal for a kick so it took longer for the next play to get called in but that shouldn't matter if that 30 second rule is an actual rule. It's ridiculous. As soon as a play is called dead, 30 seconds begins to call a challenge. End of story. Have one person in charge of doing that. As for the length of time of reviewing challenges have a cap on how many time you review the play then make a decision.

All I can say is, all that is wrong with CFL challenges was fully evident in this game, where a couple of similar calls, were interpreted in two different ways, and BC suffered mightily because of the inconsistency. It directly affected the score, giving Edmonton a TD, and extending their lead.

It really looks like it's time to go back to the past and get rid of a problem (reviews) that is becoming bigger than the game..