Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

I feel sorry for the kid.....but all the sorry's  in the world ain't getting us the quality canuck receiver we desperately need...We should look at Watt or Who or Witchamacallit...somebody who can catch AND stay healthy...There wasn't enough Vandervoort's in the draft so I guess we're going to have to suck wind at the position.....UNLESS we can swing a deal (which ain't likely) ORRRRRRR hope F-Guidino can turn into a Fantuz...

Edited by Stickem

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I feel sorry for the kid.....but all the sorry's  in the world ain't getting us the quality canuck receiver we desperately need...We should look at Watt or Who or Witchamacallit...somebody who can catch AND stay healthy...There wasn't enough Vandervoort's in the draft so I guess we're going to have to suck wind at the position.....UNLESS we can swing a deal (which ain't likely) ORRRRRRR hope F-Guidino can turn into a Fantuz...

disagree on the bolded......JFG doing JFG things is more than adequate. Our REC corps is just fine......if we magically came into a superstar NI Rec, that's fine, but it's absolutely not a desperate necessity, based on how we structure our roster.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Minuson Richards?

Image result for groan meme

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

sorrys-in-a-sack-you-can-stuff-your-sorries-in-a-sack-mister.jpg

Get Spencer Watt, Mr. Walters. Do it now.

At camp very briefly today.  Two guys, #33 Harris and #7 Dressler, really stood out in the short time I was there.  I think they have a legit shot of making the main roster.

Jokes aside, those two just looked so fast and smooth today, their eliteness shone through.

Best defensive play I saw came on a Justin Warden pass breakup.

Medlock's hat is on sale at the Bomber store.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm at the point where I don't even get excited about new receivers anymore. Walters has done some awesome things and our scouts have brought in some great talent.

We can't find receivers.

TJ Thorpe is about the most optimistic I've been on a guy. But even then ... already hurt.

This L'Damian fella, he sounds good on paper ... but so did Jace Davis and Ja'Mes Logan and Lavasier Tuinei and Toney Clemons and Mario Urrutia and Donavon Kemp. It never seems to work out.

To be fair, jace davis looked like the best of our wrs during the worst of our offense. I think he got a bad shake. 

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bring on Spencer Watt. Alternative number two is to petition the CFL to have Dressler declared a NI since North Dakota is essentially Canada.

Or start a FB like normand at wr. Cant do worse then kohlert did last year catching the ball, and atleast he can knock the snot out of some defenders blocking for dressler. Like a bob probert or tiger williams for our wrs. :lol:

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Or start a FB like normand at wr. Cant do worse then kohlert did last year catching the ball, and atleast he can knock the snot out of some defenders blocking for dressler. Like a bob probert or tiger williams for our wrs. :lol:

#bringbackSellers

Edit- he's not Canadian, this would just be awesome.

Edited by Gotmilt

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair, jace davis looked like the best of our wrs during the worst of our offense. I think he got a bad shake. 

Both Sheppard and Mayo showed more, Jace Davis was given the opportunity to win the job but he dropped some easy balls at critical times.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Did Collins even make it to camp?  I thought they cut him before it started.

looking it up he was released on may 3rd 2016 so it must have been at mini camp, but he was signed to us for about 5 months

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

We also released Ricky Collins Jr last year, but i think the consensus was he didn't have a good TC with us. Just never know

Ricky Collins Jr. wasn't in TC with the Bombers last year. He was released well before: https://web.archive.org/web/20160613232004/http://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

May 3

WPG DEL INT Ricky COLLINS (WR) Texas A&M Commerce
WPG ADD  INT Jonathan HEFNEY (DB)    Tennessee
WPG TRF TO  RETIRED INT Jonathan HEFNEY (DB)    Tennessee

Hey fellas. Can someone confirm for me that training camp is going to be a full session tomorrow as per the schedule on the Bombers site. I am from out of town and want to come in tomorrow to catch a day of training camp, but don't want to drive in if it's going to be a shortened day. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean, I thought it was just a limp before and now it sounds like he's basically dead.

This is a problem with damage to his right knee.  Apparently his bones are made of spun glass and his ligaments  are boiled spaghetti.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Both Sheppard and Mayo showed more, Jace Davis was given the opportunity to win the job but he dropped some easy balls at critical times.

Sheppard showed very, very little. I did like mayo as well. Jace had like 2 drops and went from a prime target to forgotten in the offensive transition period of time. He had more good catches then davis and mayo had combines catches last year. And less drops then a bunch of guys for us. Not to mention he blocked. I wouldnt say he had easy drops either. very few easy catches in the un settled offense we had even a while after he was gone. 

A lot of people see bad drops, and 100% miss a herculean effort to get to a position to make a play on a poor pass, or a pass not intended for them. 

Edited by wbbfan