Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

Re: Sam Hurl

I'm sure (hopeful) that the reason he is getting first team reps is because he knows the expectations of the position and can offer up an example to the young guys. Even if he can't execute, he knows the assignments.

At least that's what I hope it is.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm sure (hopeful) that the reason he is getting first team reps is because he knows the expectations of the position and can offer up an example to the young guys. Even if he can't execute, he knows the assignments.

Agreed. If he is our starting MLB when the season starts that would be a huge step backwards. 

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

My expectation as a player would be to get an opportunity to compete for the job.

My expectation as a fan is that after giving players an opportunity to compete that the coaches will determine the best player and give him the job.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He is the most CFL-experienced MLB on the roster.  Make one of the Americans beat him for the spot.  Shouldn't be that hard.

Pretty much that.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Bauming reporting that Knox got first team MLB reps yesterday and now Hurl is getting them today... is he mixed up?

Hard to believe we might actually be considering Hurl as potential starting MLB...

(MOAN)

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Ooooo, the 1st good news item to take some pressure off of a former draft pick..

Darrin Bauming

Day 2 wraps with a long Andrew Harris catch and run to the house. Strong blocking from Addison Richards and rec corps

I'm thinking that this surely must be a make or break camp for Richards.

?‍?Love this line:

"When you're on the same page with (Nichols) and he trusts you, the sky's the limit."   -Kenny Stafford

Full video ▶️ | http://ow.ly/8AyA30c8mOc

Ed Tait - Standing out: Receivers Clarence Denmark, Kenny Stafford, Ryan Lankford,

quarterback Matt Nichols,

defensive back Chris Greenwood, Robert Porter,

LB Roc Carmichael, RB Andrew Harris and

both kickers, Justin Medlock and Félix Ménard-Brière.

?‍?Good line from MOS

I think the mullet is perfect,” said O’Shea. “It goes right along with what he’s building. You add the headband in… he’s gone from Joe Dirt to John Rambo with that headband.”

On Addison Richards:

“He’s healthy. Good for him,” said O’Shea. “It’s been a tough journey for him. Personally, I feel for him because he’s had a tough go of it. What’s interesting is he’s stuck with it and just kept on working hard. It’s paying off for him. He’s made some nice plays already. He’s a big, fast, strong target. We’ll see how it all shakes out, but I know I’m very pleased for him.”

9 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

With Coates out today, maybe Richards can put some plays together and start showing he belongs.  It would be nice to have a big, fast NI WR in the starting lineup.

Fast is nice, but if Richards can use his size, run good patterns and hang onto the ball, I will happily settle for that. Fantuz has never been a speed merchant, but he got open and hung onto the ball for a darned good career.

Edited by tracker
Needed gooder Inglish.